fiduciary

Author Topic: HASBRO FX - PRESS RELEASE!  (Read 17293 times)

Offline Red Five

• Master Force User
  • "My daddy can whoop your daddy!" -Luke Skywalker
Re: HASBRO FX - PRESS RELEASE!
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2008, 08:11:28 PM »
I have every saber except the Luke ANH and the newer Vader ANH, and I have to say that by far the Anakin ROTS has the most solid real feel to it  (the Maul comes in a close second because of it's "wobble" when in full staff mode). There's just something about that hilt that I don't think most of the other hilts possess. I love the ROTS so much I own 4 of them.

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2008, 08:24:39 PM »
I have every saber except the Luke ANH and the newer Vader ANH, and I have to say that by far the Anakin ROTS has the most solid real feel to it  (the Maul comes in a close second because of it's "wobble" when in full staff mode). There's just something about that hilt that I don't think most of the other hilts possess. I love the ROTS so much I own 4 of them.

WOW!  :o. 4 is quite a lot  :D. Some people don't own even 4 sabers overall

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2008, 11:18:35 PM »
Some people don't own even 4 sabers overall

This isn't because they don't want to, but because they haven't gotten around to it.  ;)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2008, 12:27:11 AM »
Or have not so accomodating budgetary or 'significant other' issues...in my case the former or I'd own all of them too...but if I could afford 'doubles' of any FFX saber it would be an Ani...admittedly to get it lux converted to the saber-that-should-have-been an 'Anakin Red' lol...so in a way I'm kinda hoping that it will be an Ani so that maybe Ultra or others will offer an Ani Red conversion.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Red Five

• Master Force User
  • "My daddy can whoop your daddy!" -Luke Skywalker
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2008, 05:33:59 PM »
WOW!  :o. 4 is quite a lot  :D. Some people don't own even 4 sabers overall

Or have not so accomodating budgetary or 'significant other' issues...in my case the former or I'd own all of them too...but if I could afford 'doubles' of any FFX saber it would be an Ani...

I don't have money to just spend on sabers. I've had to give up alot of other stuff in order to have as many as I do (ie I haven't bought a new video game in over 2 years). Also I've gotten some insane deals by just being patient, very patient. For instance I got 5 sabers for $170 - 3 were perfect the other 2 had a couple dead leds(but they were factory dead leds - not dead from abuse). To convert these 2 sabers is still cheaper than what people were paying for them uncoverted. It took a lot of searching and waiting though.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2008, 11:01:14 PM »
"I suggest patience."
"Patience..." (nods in agreement)

Yes, patience is a virtue far too many Padawan lack. I myself was once guilty of the crime. But as I began to understand the market, and what exactly to look for, I too have found some amazing deals.  8)

But take note, as Red 5 also mentioned, thrift plays a big part. You can't collect everything, and some things are more worthwhile to have than others. I'd take a lightsaber over a video game ANY DAY. You'll get more exercise than anything Wii could ever do for you.  ;)

retrousse