I’m hoping someone can help me understand how to disable the SwingBright functionality on CFX FW v007f. Unfortunately I’m not on Facebook so cannot ask this on the Facebook support group (or see it as it’s a closed group) – so apologies if answers are already on there.
The issue I have is that the blade flashes with the FoC colour (rather than the ecolor) on a swing, and I simply can’t prevent this from happening. I feel like I must be missing something obvious, so hopefully it will be an easy answer!
The parameters I’ve tried changing to fix this:
• I’ve set the ecolor to the same as the blade color in the colour profiles. My understanding was that swingbright used this FX color – but it still seems to use the FoC colour.
• I’ve tried setting mapping_color=1 (heat mapping) and 0 (legacy mapping) as the manual implies this relates to FX colour blending.
• I’ve tried mapping_sbright=0 (static) and 3 (motion) combined with settings for mapping_move as per below.
• mapping_move - I’ve tried numerous settings including 800,1023 and 1023,1023, and 0,0. These affect when/how much the flash happens, but the extreme settings don’t disable it.
• I’ve tried both style_sbright=0 and 1. I even tried -1 in case that disabled it.
Changing other colours (e.g.dcolor for drag) works fine for those effects. I’m at a complete loss as to what to try next – the only fix I have at the moment is to downgrade to an earlier FW version.
Hopefully someone can spot what I’m missing / doing wrong, or provide some further explanation on how the SwingBright system works (I’ve mined the manual and changelog).
An example colour profile is below where I’ve set the color and ecolor the same – this flashes white on every swing.