fiduciary

Author Topic: Real Saber Concepts...  (Read 42569 times)

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
Re: Real Saber Concepts...
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2007, 02:32:40 AM »
Cause there is a topic about real lightsaber thoughts and such.

Offline Cuke

• Force User
  • A true jedi is a master of himself...
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2007, 04:30:19 AM »
I think maybe your pretty right. we could use one of the high powered green lasers that can burn things and have it shoot through a crystal or diamond or gem and such (whichever works) and see how that happens. if it makes the laser more spread out then like in star wars you have a secondary crystal that re refines it and makes it the beam we have all come to love.

Offline Matrix_tjb

• Force User
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2007, 09:58:14 PM »
well i was mentioning the laser as a means to ignite the plasma and sustain it. the laser would have a tight focus and basically disperse almost totally a few inches away from the focal point reducing the risk of blinding your self

Offline Ketme-Hamje Traya

• Experienced Force User
  • "Our path brought us here for a reason..."
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2007, 09:50:51 PM »
I still think the Rigid Gas theorem is more plausible with todays tech and certainly cheaper and much easier to produce the same effects.

What is the first thing you think of with EM fields, I think of "MAGNETS! Holy *explicative deleted*!!!" then I think of the POWER needed to run an Electro-magnet to make the field, finally I think of how much we don't know about controlling EM fields in the first place. The possibility of a catastrophic chain reaction with the hypothetically controlled EM field and the super heated plasma becoming unstable are very high and pose a potentially deadly threat if not threatening to injury.

Although both theorems include Plasma in their respective equations, the EM field theorem includes a variable that is for the most part, hard to control in good conditions as EM fields have a tendency to spread rapidly and uncontrollably.
"...there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."
-Darth Traya

Offline Oblivion

• Force User
  • I Pity The Fool...
    • My MySpace Profile.
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2007, 07:45:06 AM »
I also highly reccomend researching Tesla as there is some amazing info on the guy.  My first stop was researching him on Wikipedia last year when we discovered one of our classmates looked identical to Tesla.  Some of the stuff will blow your mind and could possibly be applied to this very subject!

HAHA i come from the same country as Nikola Tesla, He was a Serb, Like me.. thus making me super duper smart! ;D... Looks like I will be the one to create the FIRST lightsaber, Hmm? :D
One Truth - "Fear... Fear Attracts The Fearful... The Strong... The Weak... The Innocent... The Corrupt... Fear... Fear Is My Ally..." ~ Darth Maul.

~ Oblivion ~

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2007, 09:42:40 AM »
Tesla at times was brilliant, and at other times quite the kook and nearly insane.

** Looks at the above post and ponders that thought. **
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 09:49:57 AM by DARTH VADER »

Offline Oblivion

• Force User
  • I Pity The Fool...
    • My MySpace Profile.
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2007, 09:46:08 AM »
Haha yes true, But he was around in the 19th-20th Century! SO really, Much could have changed throughout the generations. My parents were both Serbian (Dad %100, Mum %75) So that leads me into the %87.5 Zone. (If your not counting my grandparents :P). But I was born in Australia, But that doesn't mean anything because its the blood that counts ;D I'm just an Australian Citizen, Thats all ;D.

~ Oblivion ~
One Truth - "Fear... Fear Attracts The Fearful... The Strong... The Weak... The Innocent... The Corrupt... Fear... Fear Is My Ally..." ~ Darth Maul.

~ Oblivion ~

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2007, 10:00:44 AM »
 >:(

Offline Oblivion

• Force User
  • I Pity The Fool...
    • My MySpace Profile.
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2007, 10:06:16 AM »
Ouch  :-[

~ Oblivion ~

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2007, 11:23:36 AM »

>:(

"It may be difficult to secure your release..."

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2007, 06:16:40 PM »
I have been assured by the Emperor that this thread will continue in the direction of a "real saber concept". ;)

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2007, 09:50:44 PM »
Now back to the topic at hand. :)

Are there any other ideas?

I have noted that in previous posts, a power supply large enough to run this would require a lot of work to get it small enough to be feasible.

Really, I don't think it's too far in the fututre. If people can make modifications to a laser pointer that can BURN things using only the compact power cells they require, then a power source for a working lightsaber of the initial theoretical design in this topic is not too far-fetched.

Offline Master Shui

• Force User
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2007, 04:56:49 AM »
Master Obi-Wan Kenobi described a lightsaber as “an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.” Contrary to what the name might imply to the uninitiated, the deadly blade of a lightsaber is not actually made up of pure light.
yeah, its blade is just some energy, no matter what the name says. I think that its called lightsaber simply because the energyblade glows

Offline Master Shui

• Force User
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2007, 09:33:16 AM »
 Hey i have found a good pic of lightsaber innards. ;D http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Lightsaber-cutaway.jpg
I didnt send the pic here because i didnt want any trouble with the copyrights. ;)

Offline Cuke

• Force User
  • A true jedi is a master of himself...
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2007, 02:35:11 PM »
Why don't we try a different approach. I don't think it will work  ;D but why don't we start really small and then get bigger. Instead of going HUGE and then trying to reduce size. It's a lot easier to make something smaller than bigger.

retrousse