fiduciary

Author Topic: My Badaxx is my new fav!  (Read 5870 times)

Offline ScrimpyPIE

• Experienced Force User
  • Guardian's Apprentice
My Badaxx is my new fav!
« on: November 18, 2013, 09:11:30 PM »
Howdy Saberland,

I am proud to announce that I now own a GCS Badaxx saber! But this one is special!  :o This saber (which I'm unofficially calling "Commenor" bc of a character I'm developing that was born on Commenor) has a unique aged copper/soft brown PC job, a media tumbled front shroud, and aging brass fittings and is AWESOME! That coupled with the uber comfortable curve in the hilt, the most brilliant sky blue blade I've ever seen, and Rob's stunning new Flourish font, it's my new favorite saber in my collection. Everything about this hilt is beautiful, functional, and sturdier than foundations of the earth. Lol. The aesthetics of this saber are perfect for any "era" in Star Wars lore and give this saber, what I think, the "signature Jedi look"- sleek, fast, powerful, regal, yet relatively unadorned, functional, and not something that everyone is gonna try and mug them for. ;) Anyway, feel free to look, drool, swoon, ask questions, etc.

Oh! And finally, a HUGE thanks to Rob for this gem! Words are failing to express the level of gratitude and respect I have for you and your contribution to the SW universe!

Thanks again and enjoy. :)

Pics, specs, and possible vid forthcoming... What!? I'm at work! Lol ;)
"Use the fork, Luke!"

"Are they friendly?" - Obi-wan Kenobi
"Depends... On how good your manners are;
and how big your  'pocket-book' is. - Dexter Jettster

Lightsaber collection-
US Raven
Mhs-based Luke RoTJ
Rebellion KotOR run x2
(Original: violet)
(Second-hand: sky blue)
OM/LDM Lego saber run
LDM Custom "Quobi"
GenesisCustom Ascend CF6 run
GenesisCustom Badaxx "Browncoat"
Personal saber "Illum" by Simpi-gon Sims
"Primum V2" by Darthvix/LDM

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
Re: My Badaxx is my new fav!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 09:44:46 PM »
Congrats dude!  Nice to see another person own this Badaxx (pun intended  :)) ). 

The one thing I noticed when I kept looking at mine was that this saber has some sort of retro-like look to it. What I mean by this is the overall design and aesthetics I see as akin to depiction of 1930s/40s sci-fi equipment.  I think your Browncoat moreso since its copper colour reminds me of sepia-toned pics of a by-gone era.

Love to see pics of course, but video even more!

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Formerly known as Bayne-Fett
  • Master Force User
  • "Dead or Alive, you’re worth Credits to me"
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 06:21:52 AM »
Yes, yes... I can now see it... I play all the Fall-Out video games and I can definitely see this weapon as a found weapon in that in game world... Fall-Out if you don't know is a post apocalyptic world where the bomb was dropped in the mid 20's or 30's so when your character emerges from the vaulted "Fall-Out" shelter the world that was described to you is just mutated with decayed 1930's cars and decor, but with an awesome urban decayed look / Steam punk feel... This Badaxx can most definitely be apart of this world for sure.  Lol wow, I think I was a bit long winded fir a simple agreement that you have a really nice looking new saber that only Madcow can come up with.

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 06:27:55 AM »
Yes, yes... I can now see it... I play all the Fall-Out video games and I can definitely see this weapon as a found weapon in that in game world... Fall-Out if you don't know is a post apocalyptic world where the bomb was dropped in the mid 20's or 30's so when your character emerges from the vaulted "Fall-Out" shelter the world that was described to you is just mutated with decayed 1930's cars and decor, but with an awesome urban decayed look / Steam punk feel... This Badaxx can most definitely be apart of this world for sure.  Lol wow, I think I was a bit long winded fir a simple agreement that you have a really nice looking new saber that only Madcow can come up with.

Yes, you nailed it --- Fall Out --- I've played that game too.  This Browncoat version definitely will fit in that universe.

Also, I'd love to see Malcolm Reynolds wield this saber in any of the Firefly episodes, lol.

Offline ScrimpyPIE

• Experienced Force User
  • Guardian's Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 07:20:58 AM »
You both are right on the money, haha!
"Use the fork, Luke!"

"Are they friendly?" - Obi-wan Kenobi
"Depends... On how good your manners are;
and how big your  'pocket-book' is. - Dexter Jettster

Lightsaber collection-
US Raven
Mhs-based Luke RoTJ
Rebellion KotOR run x2
(Original: violet)
(Second-hand: sky blue)
OM/LDM Lego saber run
LDM Custom "Quobi"
GenesisCustom Ascend CF6 run
GenesisCustom Badaxx "Browncoat"
Personal saber "Illum" by Simpi-gon Sims
"Primum V2" by Darthvix/LDM

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Formerly known as Shadow Walker
  • Experienced Force User
  • I am vengeance. I am the night.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 10:46:45 AM »

Actually, in the Fallout series, all of the world's nuclear weapons were used against every nation, mainly the United States and China, who were at war in the game universe.  The society had a 1950s mentality to it, so all of the tech that was "advancing" over time had a huge 1950s influence, all up until 2077, when the nukes were dropped and the world was pretty much blasted back to the dark ages.  The universe is sweet though.  Mutants, raiders, remnants of government power.  All pretty awesome. 

Sorry about the diversion of sorts.  Huge Fallout fan here.  :))  Nonetheless, I bet the saber looks awesome.  Can't wait to see it.  :)

Offline Pyromatic177

• Master Force User
  • Don't fight a Pyro. Because you'll just get burned
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 11:33:03 AM »
It's actually on Rob's site if you want to look at it!

Badaxx custom « Genesis Custom Sabers

Offline Greebles

• Formerly known as Codeweasel
  • Master Force User
  • “You must unlearn what you have learned.”
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 11:51:53 AM »
Really like this one. Didnt think I would at first from the description "Brown", but it REALLY works. Nice Saber!

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 12:13:36 PM »
Well, my bad... Lol I was ball parking the Fall- Out game play... You really love the game, huh.

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 01:03:58 PM »
Well, my bad... Lol I was ball parking the Fall- Out game play... You really love the game, huh.

No problem, man.  You weren't far off at all.  ;)

I love the games to death and I can't wait until Fallout 4, which they've been teasing as of recently. 

It's a gorgeous looking saber, man.  It definitely looks like it would fit into the Fallout universe.  I can almost see a Brotherhood of Steel Paladin wielding it.

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 01:38:10 PM »
Omg!!!!! That would be epic!!!!

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 01:59:06 PM »
Omg!!!!! That would be epic!!!!

Which one: Fallout 4 or a Brotherhood of Steel Paladin wielding your Badaxx?  :))

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 03:20:28 PM »
I'm glad you like it. I'd wanted to try that colour scheme for months.

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 03:59:34 PM »
Brotherhood of Steel would definitely have that in their veteran arsenal, but Fall-Out 4 is going to be crazy awesome too.   

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 04:03:46 PM »
Just a quick redirection to Madcow if your reading this... You ever tinker with the idea of a Techie / Steam punk theme?  More the look than the actual steam power?  I like SP just not a fan of the steam power.  I dig the clock work and style that comes with that theme...

retrousse