fiduciary

Author Topic: Ascend CF6 #7 and #10  (Read 8089 times)

Offline Yukiel

• Master Force User
  • LAKES FLOATING IN SPACE!
Ascend CF6 #7 and #10
« on: September 04, 2013, 09:26:23 AM »
I have finally... "ascended"... to the realm of high-end lightsabers.

This is my first Crystal Focus-equipped lightsaber, and my first Ascend. It is from the run of CF6 Ascends from earlier this year, #10. Thanks to Jedicri and Aginor for making this happen. (more on that tomorrow, it's a surprise!  8))

It's AMAZING. The craftsmanship, the weathering, the EVERYTHING. It's everything I've ever wanted in a saber. The way the saber presents itself just sits it apart from anything I've ever held in my hands.

Also, I apologize for being quiet and sorta "Silly"- didn't get much sleep and was still tired from working on the railroad (all live long day yes i typed this just so i could crack the joke, the guys at the yard hate me for that) and my dad just got home from the rails as well. xD

But it is an honest window to the sheer joy and amazement at holding this saber in my hands. It's a dream years in the making come true. I've been in the saber hobby community since 2006 I believe, and we all know how rare Crystal Focus soundboards were back then. They were the "top of the top" to me. To a newbie like me back in the day, the features the CF had were things of dreams. And now... the day has finally come where I have one in my hands. :D

Rob, your work is amazing. Top notch. Blew me away the instant I got the bubble wrapping off. I know that more Ascends are in my future. (and my best friend's future as well, his birthday next year will be his best :D)

May I present to you: "THESE AREN'T MY GLASSES, OR: A Honest Reaction to an Amazing Lightsaber"

First reactions to an Ascend, and Crystal Focus

And now... Review time!  :))

As the story goes, the CF6 Ascend run came and went. At the time, I didn't have a good enough job to justify getting one, so I had to pass on the run.  :(

A couple months later, after joining up at BNSF and working my butt off in the summer heat, Pfockerchief posts his amazing video and topic about his CF6 Ascend,  and that leads me to a realization: I can actually AFFORD one now!!!

I look around, nope, none are for sale. So I decide to go all out, and message EVERYONE from the run list. Everyone unfortunately declines, citing "this saber is way too amazing to let go of." I can't blame them!

Then, it happens. I get a message from the Gentleman and Scholar that is Aginor- he's willing to sell the #7 clean  version. Score! Right place, right time, it seems. We arrange for payment and shipping, and it's underway.

And then, another great thing happens. Jedicri had his CS Ascend for sale, and I was talking to him about it. I had to pass on it, due to me being on the hunt for the Legendary CF6 Ascend. We got to talking, and I told him that I had found #7, and that it was now mine. I had posted a "Wanted" topic about wanting to buy a weathered version Ascend from the run. I bought a clean  version, as no weathered ones were available. He congratulates me on a hunt finished, and added "Well, I've always wanted a clean version from that run, I have a weathered version... So, if you'd be interested... Trade, your clean for my weathered?" SCORE 2.0 YOU CAN (ABSOLUTELY) GET WHAT YOU DREAMED OF.

So, hats off to both Aginor and Jedicri for helping make this happen. And now... onto the review!

I've only had MR's and Ultra's up to this point, and I already knew that the Ascend was something special. As you've all seen in my video, my first experience with an Ascend was MAGICAL. It's so... Thin! (whoever gets the reference wins a cookie from the "future"  ;) ) It has a very nice comfortable weight to it, and it's a glorious saber to handle. The choke point is in the perfect spot. The overall appearance of these sabers is PHENOMENAL- the Ascend is amazing by itself, but add the shroud and the powder coating and it just makes it a whole 'nother beast.

I still like the weathered version better... but the clean version is also awesome. I just *might* have to hunt one down sometime... Or just have my own custom Ascend  8)

In conclusion, Ascends are one of the greatest saber choices out there. If you're on the fence, GO FOR IT. You will NOT be disappointed. The craftsmanship and overall quality of this saber is phenomenal. It blew me away the instant it was in my hands, and it continues to amaze me just how great and versatile this saber it. You collection is not complete with an Ascend (or two... or three...  ;D)

Pictures to follow in another post.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:53:07 PM by Yukiel »

Am I alive or dead?
rip sabers

Offline Avendale Yellowcard

• Formerly known as Jonny B
  • Experienced Force User
Re: First reactions to an Ascend...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 10:03:12 AM »
Grats man that is one heck of  a Saber

Offline Ratven

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 11:01:31 AM »
Congrats Yukiel,

I'm glad you love it!

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 12:29:41 PM »
I like the ascend the more I look at it. Such a classic and elegant look, and a saber you can easily upgrade is a bonus.
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 02:07:17 PM »
Justin man, your reaction is priceless!  Enjoy it man --- it's a great saber.

I've PMd you regarding the following point: I changed all the sound fonts' volume to 3 because I found 4 to be just too loud and the fact that I didn't want another busted speaker on, what was then, my saber.

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 02:20:45 PM »
I'm glad you like it!

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 03:17:38 PM »
I had the same reaction as well.  Congrats and enjoy!

Ascend Saber Tribute - YouTube
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline Yukiel

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 03:34:14 PM »
I had the same reaction as well.  Congrats and enjoy!

Ascend Saber Tribute - YouTube

I have to thank you as well, I've always wanted an Ascend CF6 from the run, but after watching that video of yours after you first posted it made me decide to hunt one down. And I did! So thank you for making the events run that lead me to the epic quest to finding this saber. (and something else... debuting tomorrow!)

And I have to say again, that video of yours is breathtaking. When I go to Wyoming to see my mom and other family, I'm for sure taking this saber with me.

I'm really enjoying this saber- I had to fashion an adapter to fit my 7/8ths VV blade in, since I currently don't have a 1 inch blade. (one is in the mail though). Nighttime is almost here... The fun soon begins.

I'm glad you like it!

Loving it immensely. Blows everything that I've previously had out of the water. I can't wait to get this out and duel my buddies with. (and annihilate snowmen with)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:41:36 PM by Yukiel »

Am I alive or dead?
rip sabers

Offline Yukiel

• Master Force User
Re: First reactions to an Ascend... Review of Ascend CF6 #7 and #10
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 08:42:45 AM »

The story begins... Full review coming to first post later today.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 12:41:34 PM by Yukiel »

Am I alive or dead?
rip sabers

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 09:27:59 AM »

The story begins... Full review coming to first post later today. I think the last time these two saw eachother was when they were still with Rob.

These look great together don't they?  Looking forward to your review...

..... Can the reunion be over soon ....please...  :))

Offline Yukiel

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 12:07:04 PM »
Picture time! A reunion of siblings. Last time they saw eachother, they were with Rob. I like small things like that. Review is up, 1st post.
Please forgive the cell phone pics, my good camera refuses to work anymore.

(with guest appearance from my cat, Carl Sagan)

And with that... I have to break up this reunion, #7 has a new master to go to. You'll be seeing it soon, jedicri :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 12:22:31 PM by Yukiel »

Am I alive or dead?
rip sabers

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 10:14:05 PM »
Picture time! A reunion of siblings. Last time they saw eachother, they were with Rob. I like small things like that. Review is up, 1st post.
Please forgive the cell phone pics, my good camera refuses to work anymore.

(with guest appearance from my cat, Carl Sagan)

And with that... I have to break up this reunion, #7 has a new master to go to. You'll be seeing it soon, jedicri :)

Nice review Justin!

Thank you as well!  I've always wanted the clean version and I look forward to receiving it!

Kindly PM me shipping details at your convenience.

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 10:46:54 PM »
I received the clean CF6 Ascend version today but because I was fawning over this saber, I neglected to take some pictures as is my custom.  I guess, Justin's pictures of the saber will have to do for now.

I've always wanted a clean version but when Timo put his weathered version up for sale, it was a no-brainer --- clean or not, I had to get it.

I've forgotten how loud these CF6 Ascends are.  Like the weathered version that Justin now owns, I lowered the volume settings to 3. 

Offline keybuk

• No Force
  • يس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل شيء مباح
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 04:47:21 PM »

Ok, I gotta bite ... where does the (for the lack of a better word in my head) fairing on the emitter come from? :-)

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2013, 05:01:11 PM »
Ok, I gotta bite ... where does the (for the lack of a better word in my head) fairing on the emitter come from? :-)

You mean the weathering (the faded black on the emitter and discoloration on the shroud)?

That was likely a weathering job done by Madcow.

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

retrousse