fiduciary

Author Topic: Wat Tambor Obi TPM with CF for Auction 3rd of 3 available.  (Read 18029 times)

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
Wat Tambor Obi TPM with CF for Auction 3rd of 3 available.
« on: March 13, 2012, 10:46:10 AM »
Please review new information in post #12 for information on the new ending date and bid acceptance for this auction.

Now that the 30 run sabers have been shipped and received, I can now release the last three sabers I was holding for replacement of any sabers lost or overly damaged during shipment.  These three sabers will be the last of the run and are fully installed just like all the run sabers.

The three auctions will run at the same time with ending times 24 hours apart.  

This thread is for Auction Saber Three.

Please note.  The saber pictured above is form the original run sabers.  This particular saber being auctioned is currently at the installer being worked on and I expect delivery to me before the end of this month.  

This saber is the 'prototype' saber from the run.  It is made up from the first off the machine of each part.  As such, there may be a very slight difference due to tweaking the part programming after running the first part.  You would be hard pressed though to find any differences between this saber and any of the other run sabers.  
This saber has lighted faux LED bezels and lighted purple hemi.
This saber will come with the black plastic case, and charger.  (sorry, no extra pommel with sound holes or stand on this saber)
This saber will come with one completed blade (sorry, but I do not have the parts to make any extra blades).

Bidding starts at $1500.00.
Auction will run until 8:00 PM MST Tuesday March 20.
I will contact the winner and give shipping quotes and payment must be made in full within 72 hours of notification of final cost.

To place a bid, you just need to post a reply to this thread with your bid amount.  No behind the scenes dealing and no 'end it early' offers accepted.

Winner will be the last person to post before 8:00 PM MST on March 20.

Your saber will ship as soon as it returns to me from the installer.  If you do not pay within the 72 hours after end of auction, the saber will be re-listed and a new auction will be run.

The saber will come as described - I will not be making any arrangements to alter the options or change the saber in any way.

This is your last chance to get one of these sabers first hand.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:08:56 AM by Wat Tambor »

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
Re: Wat Tambor Obi TPM with CF for Auction 3rd of 3 available.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 09:22:40 AM »
Bid 1500

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 02:34:25 PM »
1600 $

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 03:10:18 PM »
Eagon you seriously want a 3rd?  :D

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 03:26:16 PM »
Eagon you seriously want a 3rd?  :D

my brother asked me to bid for him  ;)

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 05:02:22 PM »
Suuuuuuuure he did :P it's ok, you don't have to hide it from us, we think you're cool :D

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 12:33:39 AM »
Suuuuuuuure he did :P it's ok, you don't have to hide it from us, we think you're cool :D

*rofl*  8)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 05:53:45 PM »
This might help...

BTW, Egon...if you win, I will send that thing we were discussing to Wat and he can send it along with this saber...but only if you win ;)

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 10:10:21 PM »
This might help...

BTW, Egon...if you win, I will send that thing we were discussing to Wat and he can send it along with this saber...but only if you win ;)

Thank's General!  :)

Offline djkibaman

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 07:12:24 PM »
So I'm assuming that this saber is identical to other 37sabers even though it's a prototype?

hunting Unicorns one day at time...

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 07:20:12 PM »
So I'm assuming that this saber is identical to other 37sabers even though it's a prototype?

Yep this is technically #0, and is identical to the entire run.  See LDM's video comparison....

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 08:00:43 PM »
Yes, this saber is identical with the exception that is has no number.  If you take the saber apart, there are no numbers on the inside, nor is the covertech numbered.  Other than that - same as the rest.

This saber will not include a stand, but after speaking to LDM this evening, it may have the sound hole pommel.  But I can't make any promises until I receive all the parts back from LDM.

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 07:51:33 AM »
With the problems that arose in the auction for the second saber last night, I am amending the auction rules regarding ending time for this final auction.

I honestly had not considered the problems that could arise when a person tries to make a last minute bid and gets the '...while you were posting, someone else posted...' message that would delay their bid.  So, to try and make it a little more fair, here is what I am going to do.

The auction will now end at 8:00 PM MST on Wed the 21st (that is tomorrow night instead of tonight).  This will give people a chance to read these new rules and make sure everyone is on the same page.  I do not feel it would be right to change the rules with just a little over 12 hours left on the auction.  So I am extending the ending time by 24 hours.

At 8:00 PM MST on Wed the 21st, bidding will conclude.  But I will allow 'final' bids after that time as long as they fall within a short enough interval between bids.  Bidding will end once a five minute interval has passed between any two bids after the 8:00 PM end time.

For example, member X posts his bid of 1750 at 7:59:53.  Member Z posts his bid of 1825 at 7:59:55 but gets the recent post message and by the time he resubmits his bid, the time shows 8:00:12.  I would still accept the late bid. 

I will not say that once you place a bid after the 8:00 PM MST deadline, you are forbidden to post another bid.  The reason being, I think it might be abused and someone may wait until a member posts his 'final' bid after the 8:00 deadline and then decides to outbid him by a dollar.  I will let bidding continue as long need be after the 8:00 PM MST deadline so long as the bids keep coming in succession.  Once a 5 minute interval has passed (this allows everyone to refresh the page, post a bid, repost if neccessary and see their post) between two bids, the bidding will end.

Following on with the previous example.  Member Z posted his 1825 bid at 8:00:12.  Member Q also had a problem posting his bid at 7:59:58 and his bid of 1800 was posted at 8:00:16.  Member Q sees his bid posted after 8:00 and it is not the winning bid.  He then posts a new bid of 1850 at 8:00:45.  He is now the leading bid even though he posted after 8:00 PM.  This may continue for several minutes with various members posting, reposting, and refreshing.  Member A posts his bid of 1945 at 8:07:36 and he is now the high bidder.  All other bidders have decided they have reached their limit.  Now, if one of two things happens, the auction ends.  If more than 5 minutes passes after member A's bid of 1945 and no one else makes a bid, the auction ends and member A is the winner.  Or if member X decides he can swing a little more and posts a bid of 1950 at 8:12:52 it will have been more than 5 minutes and his bid will not count.

I am trying to be as fair as possible. I realize this forum is not Ebay, but I want to give customers as much of a chance as possible. 

Offline impa

• Force User
  • I Must Pwn ALL
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 08:46:09 AM »
This can be ignored as Wat has been very generous by altering his auction. But i believe there is a "Don't warn on new replies made while posting." checkbox in the Profile Look and Layout settings ;)

FX-Sabers Yoda's Vintage Graflex V - CFv5
Orbital Machining Wat's Obi-Wan Kenobi TPM #36 - CFv5
Harp's Darth Maul TPM battle damage - CFv6.5
RO's Starkiller weathered - CFv7
MH's LS6 ROTJ Luke Hero - PCu1.6
Dark Navel's LS6 ROTJ Luke V2 - PC2.0

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
  • The Leeroy Jenkins of the bidding wars
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 09:08:50 AM »
Too right you are impa, i learned it the hard way a long time ago.
Thats a very good hint  ;)

retrousse