fiduciary

Author Topic: Scrabble  (Read 1158 times)

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
Scrabble
« on: May 07, 2016, 06:04:25 AM »
This was an old board game I loved to play when I was a bit younger. I wasn't very good at it, but I play anyways. Regardless....I started playing with my daughter for fun. Just to see how she is coming along in school. She is 7, so having her want to play with her old man with a board game other than Monopoly, Life, Chutes and Ladders, etc...is heart warming to me.

Flash forward, I used my old board and it's pretty beat up. I see that they now have squares or pegs that will hold the piece letters in. I love this idea and started looking for a good board to buy. They range from $15 to $200+. The more expensive seem to look nice, but there are many reviews with not having any consistent good quality. Bummer for me.

So, my question is, does anyone own any of these boards and how is the quality?

My 2nd thought is making an aluminum one that has the squares raised to hold the pieces in, but I am not any good at all at measurements and what-not, but I am more than willing to have one designed and made. Preferably, one that can hold all pieces and keep them in place (instead of loosey goosey) and can turn, like the lazy Susan, so everyone can turn it towards them.  I normally wouldn't post something like this, but I have been a customer for years and the people and smiths here have been great with ideas and give great insight.

Anyways, I am off to see my daughter play some soccer and hope to hear from you guys and your ideas.

Offline Drewbacca

• Padawan Learner
  • Fly Casual
Re: Scrabble
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 06:47:32 PM »
I'm really not sure if I can offer you the proper advice you may be seeking... but I would recommend just looking on eBay for a good board. Lately I've been getting into chess myself. Best of luck to you.
Fly Casual.

retrousse