fiduciary

Author Topic: CFX - No Blade Effects and uneditable in RICE?  (Read 505 times)

Offline VikingRS

• No Force
  • Sith Brony
CFX - No Blade Effects and uneditable in RICE?
« on: November 11, 2020, 09:46:24 AM »
So I recently got my saber back from VV for an upgrade.  First time with a saber with bluetooth and first time using RICE.  I Updated the boards firmware successfully, and replaced the default sound package with the updated one from the Plecter Website, even renaming the right file to config.txt

I added some more soundfonts, and got the color profiles how I like them in RICE.

Problem is, I go into Spectrum and into blade profile and there is nothing there.

I go into RICE and try messing with the Ledstrip FX tab.  I can make changes in the various Unstable FX profiles, but even when I click Save All, nothing sticks.

If I select Fire, none of the bars move.  If I then select Rainbow, the bars stay the same.

I checked the default config I got from VV and looked all over and can't seem to figure out where the different unstable profiles are stored.

Please help Im going crazy.

EDIT: Also I am connecting via the cable.  I haven't checked since updating the firmware, but when connecting via bluetooth, I stopped getting serial communication.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 10:05:59 AM by VikingRS »

Offline VikingRS

• No Force
  • Sith Brony
Re: CFX - No Blade Effects and uneditable in RICE?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 01:56:28 PM »
So I reverted the firmware and reset everything back.  I have my blade profiles back, but am still having trouble effecting them.  If I save all with the Ledstrip FX tab, Unstable FX setting on something and hit Save All, it seems to be applied to every profile?  Where are those settings stored?

So confused.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 03:06:30 PM by VikingRS »

Offline VikingRS

• No Force
  • Sith Brony
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 02:29:03 PM »
Do I have to save Poweron and Poweroff to each individual font config file?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 04:49:51 PM by VikingRS »

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 11:37:05 PM »
blade profiles are stored in config.txt. If you had profiles from older fw version, you probably have to change them because more effects got added and many more parameters went to the blade profiles.
Quick on and quick off (blade timings) are now part of the font indeed (since that totally makes sense to have the font dependent).

You might also need to adjust your ledstrip timings because that also changed (see the changelog and the default config files for comparing with yours).

Offline VikingRS

• No Force
  • Sith Brony
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 12:09:24 AM »
Well now I'm realizing that the reason I may have not been seeing the blade effects could have been because I had FoC and Lockup set fairly close to the base color.  At this point I dont know if I have it in me to retry.

One thing to note though, is the color.txt file in the default package is missing Yellow and White as profiles.

Offline VikingRS

• No Force
  • Sith Brony
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 10:04:47 AM »
blade profiles are stored in config.txt. If you had profiles from older fw version, you probably have to change them because more effects got added and many more parameters went to the blade profiles.
Quick on and quick off (blade timings) are now part of the font indeed (since that totally makes sense to have the font dependent).

You might also need to adjust your ledstrip timings because that also changed (see the changelog and the default config files for comparing with yours).

So I completely redid the saber.  Again no blade profiles (IE flame, unstable, rainbow).  In the default Config file it has a Profile 0.  Then it just lists:

## [profile=1]

## [profile=2]

## [profile=3]

## [profile=4]

## [profile=5]

Are those supposed to be the other blade profiles?  Or are those related to the fonts?

Offline VikingRS

• No Force
  • Sith Brony
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 11:30:56 AM »
Yep, copied those profiles over from the original VV config and had my profiles (flame rain etc) back.

Altering the unstable effects in rice still seems to like to apply them to multiple profiles depending on which one I edited last.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 12:17:20 PM »
RICE edits the currently active profile, which can be changed with the remote tab, as well as how many profiles you want. However, I prefer to manually copy and paste (or "populate") defaults profiles I want to have in the config, then edit then one by one in RICE

retrousse