fiduciary

Author Topic: The Golden Saber Challenge!  (Read 5417 times)

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
Re: The Golden Saber Challenge!
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2021, 06:16:13 PM »
Sweet…so who sets the new target date?  I have my plan, just need to pull some pieces together. 

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2021, 08:04:41 AM »
As I said, I’m ok with pushing the date back. Maybe we’ll do it just before Christmas - say that Wednesday (December 22). I’ll have my new laptop up and running before then, it’s suppose to be delivered next week.

@iggy: Handling the videos is the only real thing I still have to work out. I have an idea of how I want to do it, but I haven’t been able to confirm that piece yet.

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2021, 07:22:25 PM »
As I said, I’m ok with pushing the date back. Maybe we’ll do it just before Christmas - say that Wednesday (December 22). I’ll have my new laptop up and running before then, it’s suppose to be delivered next week.

@iggy: Handling the videos is the only real thing I still have to work out. I have an idea of how I want to do it, but I haven’t been able to confirm that piece yet.

That timeframe is good for me to build another.

What about you others? Think you can join in the fun by then?

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2021, 07:36:30 AM »
I thought someone had mentioned moving into Q1 of next year….I have my idea but won’t be able to pull everything together over the next month. 

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2021, 08:54:15 PM »
I thought someone had mentioned moving into Q1 of next year….I have my idea but won’t be able to pull everything together over the next month.

Yeah, that would have been FJK.

And he got a fair amount of grief about it before the rest of you saw the now fairly obvious.  :undecided: :police:

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2021, 08:54:00 AM »

That timeframe is good for me to build another.

What about you others? Think you can join in the fun by then?

It would have to be later than that for me to be in on this one. December 22nd is basically 'tomorrow' when we are in this holiday time the time goes by instantly with family requests, day trips, work and so on. I'd love to see what everyone came up with! Unfortunately my entry isn't close enough to finish by the end of this year because I've got a few customer orders I"m working on that isn't leaving me the free time necessary to do the contest build right now. This year went by too fast!!

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2021, 01:06:36 PM »
Checking again on when the final deadline is.  If you can push to the end of January, I am in.  Have my plan, just need the parts.  Only going to start procuring if I have a good sense that I will make it. 

Curious how many are ready at this point?

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2021, 09:11:57 AM »

Curious how many are ready at this point?

Yeah. I’m ready. But i may still ruin in trying to make improvements with the extra time.

Do we know yet, how entries are to be submitted?

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2021, 02:37:35 PM »
Ok, so I committed and have most of what I need for this.  I should be done in about a month, so having not heard much, hopeful that we can move out to late Jan, early Feb.  hopefully that lets Anthony join so he can crush us all again!

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2021, 05:53:31 PM »
Iggy/Greenie -

Since I have not heard back on the last post, and think you guys might be the only confirmed finished participants, are you ok targeting late Jan/early feb?  Have all my parts and plans, just don’t want to go through the full plan unless I am good to join you (will still install a saber, just maybe not all the bells and whistles.)  I won’t win, same as last year, but will be fun nonetheless!

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2021, 03:51:36 AM »
Yeah. Im fine with that. We want as many entries as possible but we do need someone to confirm an official date or this could drag on indefinitely.

Offline K-2SO

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2021, 12:43:10 PM »
I think that FJK’s proposal (the one everyone trashed) is the one that makes most sense. The council will discuss it, and talk to FJK and we will make a decision soon.

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2021, 07:57:43 AM »
What got trashed?   I don’t remember issues with the proposal, only that his date wouldn’t have given me enough time.  I think the last one he threw out here was actually today. 

I have started and am confident that I will wrap up within a month, maybe sooner. 

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2021, 09:48:46 AM »
I think they modded out some posts after FJK posted.  :cheesy:

I am fine with whatever. While waiting I ended up using the board I picked up for the 2nd entry on another saber I had been putting off for too long. I have worked out pretty much all the machining on the second entry so now it will just be the install.  :wink:

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline K-2SO

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2021, 12:49:30 PM »
We realize that this may not be overly popular in some corners, The Council has decided to go with FJK’s initial plan of a February 14th deadline, since we want as many participants as possible in this.

Merry Christmas everyone!

retrousse