fiduciary

Author Topic: Overlords going to Florida  (Read 19642 times)

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
Re: Overlords going to Florida
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 08:44:40 AM »
I have sent my order receipts/confirmations from both US and Derek to josh@ultrasabers.com, in the hopes that it would help. should I send them anywhere else, or do they not help at all?
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 09:04:06 AM »
As have others, but until I get a list of the members sabers from DT has sent, I really can't move on anything.

Perhaps explaining it again would help.

DT sent 15 sabers, 15 boards, various parts and 6 orders
He did not send me all the OVERLORD sound installs, some he is completing himself. I do not have clairvoyance enough to know the order details on those he is keeping and the remaining 9 unknown builds in my possession.

For example:
I build Reaver's 2 overlords and send them out based on the orders he sent me.
DT does the same thing.
WOOHOO for Reaver, he has 4 Overlords!
But what about the other two members those orders were going to?

You guys want regular updates. I am providing them.

I have asked Ultra to send me the complete list, but I have not received it yet.
DT sent an email saying he has them ready and will scan them in and send them as soon as he is able. Darth Real Life permitting.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 12:54:03 PM »
Woo hoo for me! I'm kidding. After all we've been through, I'd never take someone's Overlords. I just want everyone to get theirs, and get this all behind us. A shame it's taking so long to get the specifics worked out. Halloween is looking less and less likely....

We appreciate the updates Jango. We know it's not your fault that things aren't progressing as expeditiously as we might like. I think this entire project may be cursed. It wouldn't surprise me for all of us to meet with strange and unfortunate accidents after we all get our respective sabers...

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 07:51:41 PM »
It's quiet... too quiet...

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 07:52:46 PM »
Give Jango a chance to work on the sabers! He has always been very good about updating people. If he hasn't posted anything, then there is nothing to post.

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 07:58:07 PM »
I know it. Jango is always on top of things. It's the information that isn't getting to him that's the problem...

FYI - That was not meant as any sort of insult or attack on anyone, just hoping it doesn't take much longer!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 08:31:11 PM by Reaver »

Offline JANGO FETT

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2009, 12:50:10 PM »
I have not received any order info yet on the remaining 9, and frankly I'm tired of waiting. I offered to help DT out in this, but I assumed I would get all the info I need to get this moving in a timely manner.
Still waiting.

These are the options, I'm considering.

1.Packing the whole kit back up and sending it to AZ for US to assemble. They have all the info and parts needed. DT will just need to coordinate with them which ones he is building. I realize this would require opening lines of communication up, but THAT should have been done long ago. I should not have to be middleman in this

2.Completing the orders I have and sending them out, packing the remaining 9 kits back up and sending it to AZ for US to assemble. They have all the info and parts needed. DT will just need to coordinate with them which ones he is building. I realize this would require opening lines of communication up, but THAT should have been done long ago. I should not have to be middleman in this

3. Fronting the $$ myself for parts and build some basic units.
They will be setup with a swappable 4 AAA battery holder and 2 AA hold that will attach via velcro to the back of the speaker unit.
Main MLS units will not be assembled until orders arrive, but hopefully this will speed up the process.
in-hilt recharge will not be setup on any of these.

Exceptions
Darth Matth has a confirmed in-hilt NIMH setup
Orakaa wishes his to be sent to Gemini Concepts for assembly.

I would like to here your thoughts on this Overlord clients, so please chime in. 

Offline hullbreach

• Master Force User
  • Too dangerous to be kept alive
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2009, 12:56:09 PM »
Jango, can you please tell me if the OLs you've received include the stunt version orders? Thanks.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 12:56:51 PM »
15 hilts and 15 soundboards.

No stunts

Offline hullbreach

• Master Force User
  • Too dangerous to be kept alive
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 12:57:55 PM »
Hm. Ah well, refund time.  :-\ Alex, if you're reading this, email request forthcoming.

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 01:19:33 PM »
Build the ones you have and send the rest back to Ultra. Let him and DT hammer it out. It should not of gone on this far and you should not have been the middle man.

Hopefully Ultra will have better luck getting the needed information out of DT. It's quite the mess. After the last appearance of DT it seemed the ball was rolling in the right direction, now it seems stuck in the mud again.......

What parts are still needed? All I really need is my soundboard and the basic hilt with the MLS unit. I have switches, batteries, battery packs, cyan leds, and covertech knobs I can use to complete mine.

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

Offline JANGO FETT

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2009, 01:23:54 PM »
I need the silver button guarded switches, AA & AAA battery holders, speakers, quick disconnects, capacitors, optics for the MLS, Ultrablades

Edit
Oh, and the orders. :)

Offline Gmar

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2009, 01:55:02 PM »
Jango, your efforts here are universally appreciated.

I think that you doing whatever is best for you at this point, is appropriate.   Ultimately, Ultrasabers is responsible for filling these orders. 

I really only have one thing to say to those still waiting on the last run of OverLords:

You can count on me to make things right just like you always have.  If I need to, I will drop everything and make an entire new run of Overlords just for you.  If you don't want one anymore, I'll refund your money. Simple as that.

I'm really hoping it won't come to that. We heard from Derek just last week and he said he's building the sabers and shipping them out. I trust him.

But whatever happens, you can always trust in me and my company.  We've always held up our end of the deal and we'll make sure this deal is upheld as well.  We're not washing our hands of this in any way. We're just asking for a little more time to sort out the builds.  Thanks.

That post back in June gave me some hope.

Unfortunately, I would still like the saber.

I’ll send an e-mail off to Derek and Ultrasabers asking for a concrete, transparent timeline asking yet again to have the unassembled soundless, stunt sent to me.

If still no response, then I’m with Hullbreach.  We press for refunds and say goodbye to Ultrasabers LLC forever.

**EDITED ADDENDUM added to avoid double post**

Email sent to morbius@outerrimarmory.com and shipping@ultrasabers.com,

These are the contact addresses listed on http://www.ultrasabers.com/help_answer.asp?ID=17#46 and http://www.outerrimarmory.com/home/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=1&Itemid=30, respectively.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 03:42:56 PM by Gmar »

Offline Darth Kraytt

• Force User
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2009, 04:58:58 PM »
 Thank you Jango for all your communication and help with everything.
 I two considered to cancel both of mine, but was very optimistic when I heared that everything started moving again and decided to wait another month, but seeing that both of mine are stunts I don't forsee them in the near future... :'(

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 05:12:41 PM »
I have sadly sat by and watched this tragedy at it has unfolded or not unfolded depending how you look at it.

Kraytt, I believe you are correct that it may take a very long time for you to get your sabers from ORA. 

IMO money talks.  IF you all ask for your refund like Alex has promised several times you will get one of two outcomes.  You either get your money back to spend on another saber of your choice that you may actually get or it forces the issue to the forefront and things actually get done.

It is obvious nothing is coming out of ORA any time soon as can be seen in the quote by Alex over 3 months ago saying "We heard from Derek just last week and he said he's building the sabers and shipping them out. I trust him."   The only shipment we have seen is the one Jango got of "unfinished" sabers.

I know you all want your sabers but IMO the only way to move things along at this point is to ask for your refund.  We need to put this sad chapter behind us. :'(

retrousse