fiduciary

Author Topic: TFU II Starkiller Concept Saber "TFU-GM" Run DEPOSIT THREAD!!!  (Read 103652 times)

Offline onigiri34

• Experienced Force User
  • Swoosh Swoosh that's the sound of the saber!
Re: TFU II Starkiller Concept Saber "TFU-GM" Run DEPOSIT THREAD!!!
« Reply #300 on: October 13, 2021, 01:18:43 AM »
Nope, not yet, no news.

Offline SharkyMcShark

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #301 on: October 14, 2021, 12:11:28 AM »
I'd imagine there are a few in the run hanging on for resale value at this point.

VV have said that they're going to be selling spares for triple the original run price.

Not much sense in getting your $400 deposit back when you could be making a $3000 profit by selling it on yourself once its in your hands.

I've got an agreement to purchase one of the hilts for a price in a mid point of that from one of the run members. Can't wait to see them all done up.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #302 on: October 15, 2021, 09:09:37 AM »
I have dealt many times with VV over the years, and Alan and Deanna are good people! I am also frustrated by the long wait, but very hopeful that the saber will be worth the wait!

I own "Modi" which is in the VV saber gallery on their website and the top half has a TFU trailer design that was done by Orbital Machining and it is still among my most prized hilts, so I trust that VV will deliver an amazing saber!

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #303 on: October 18, 2021, 12:30:35 PM »
Pictures will be posted when I have them to post.  Obviously no one has received their sabers, we would have made an announcement if they had been.  I am very sorry  :cry:. I get that people are frustrated.  Again, please take the refund if you are not wanting to wait any longer as we are doing everything we can to move this forward but also have staffing issues, supply chain issues, and other projects.  This particular saber is a very very involved install and we are still having some growing pains with it. The original design was made for We are working out the process issues we had with the first one and moving forward.  As mentioned in the previous post we had Megacon and then, unfortunately, had to roll right into NYCC.  We have a dearth of time right now.  We are juggling a million things. This project is definitely one of those projects on the current plate and we are working to get through it.  I know the length of time it has been.  I wish I could say they are all going to be done tomorrow, but they are not.  And likely while a couple may be done before the end of the year, the run is not going to be.  I wish I had better news but I just do not.  I am just going to continue to plug away and get them done as soon as we can.

MTFBWY
Lumi

Facebook: VVFB

Offline shardan501

• No Force
  • Yo!
« Reply #304 on: October 18, 2021, 01:51:59 PM »
I for one don't mind the wait. I knew when I first started looking at lightsabers I was probably going to go with Vader's Vault for at least my first one. Then you folks announced you were doing this run and I had to get in on it.  It might be a minority opinion, but I would rather you took the time needed in order to meet the standard of quality you guys are known for, than to do a rush job simply for the sake of finishing the run.

MTFBWY
To do what is right, regardless of what is accepted...

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #305 on: October 22, 2021, 12:25:54 PM »
Thank you for the update Deanna.

I plan to wait and look forward to this saber being Epic!

MTFBWY.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #306 on: November 18, 2021, 10:46:06 AM »
Another update and I know it is not going to be a happy one for anyone.  These are not shipping this year.  I thought the one that was successfully installed was going to be a benchmark, but upon working on subsequent hilts, a major issue showed up that has to be corrected resulting in one piece of the chassis having to be remade, again  :cry:.  With manufacturing lengths of time right now, that is going to add at least a couple of months and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.  I will update again once we have it in hand.  I am so sorry folks, I was really hoping to have at least the first few shipping before the holiday but after this length of time I am not going to move forward with something I know is going to have issues.  Today's electronics just require a ton more wires than in the past so it is a real issue getting everything to fit and function based on our vision. 

Again, I cannot apologize enough for all of the delays and the length of time this has taken. It is only out of sheer stubborness that I did not cancel the run long ago.  The frustration is that everything is gorgeous.  It is just getting everything to gel perfectly so that the final product is as functionally beautiful as it is aesthetically that has given ongoing fits. 

As mentioned since early on, anyone desiring a refund, please message me. Happy to get it right over to you. Otherwise I will be back here again as soon as I have more to report.  Hopefully better news with the next update :cry:.

I do want to wish you all a Happy Holiday Season!

MTFBWY
Lumi

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #307 on: November 20, 2021, 11:50:33 AM »
thats unfortunate im not on the run but have been following it, at least it will be the very best it can be once it finished.
i just realised that this project started in 2014  :shocked:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 10:06:06 AM by Scorpion »

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #308 on: November 24, 2021, 08:51:18 AM »
Thank you for the update Deanna.

I hope you, Alan and your family have a happy & healthy Thanks Giving!

MTFBWY.

Howard

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #309 on: March 09, 2022, 01:48:19 PM »
Another update and I know it is not going to be a happy one for anyone.  These are not shipping this year.  I thought the one that was successfully installed was going to be a benchmark, but upon working on subsequent hilts, a major issue showed up that has to be corrected resulting in one piece of the chassis having to be remade, again  :cry:.  With manufacturing lengths of time right now, that is going to add at least a couple of months and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.  I will update again once we have it in hand.  I am so sorry folks, I was really hoping to have at least the first few shipping before the holiday but after this length of time I am not going to move forward with something I know is going to have issues.  Today's electronics just require a ton more wires than in the past so it is a real issue getting everything to fit and function based on our vision. 

Again, I cannot apologize enough for all of the delays and the length of time this has taken. It is only out of sheer stubborness that I did not cancel the run long ago.  The frustration is that everything is gorgeous.  It is just getting everything to gel perfectly so that the final product is as functionally beautiful as it is aesthetically that has given ongoing fits. 

As mentioned since early on, anyone desiring a refund, please message me. Happy to get it right over to you. Otherwise I will be back here again as soon as I have more to report.  Hopefully better news with the next update :cry:.

I do want to wish you all a Happy Holiday Season!

MTFBWY
Lumi

Hi Deanna,  Hope all's well with you and the VV family! Just wanted to see if you have any updates at all?

Thank you,
Howard

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #310 on: March 16, 2022, 12:03:22 PM »
I do not.  We are in the process of attempting to either remake one piece or some up with a different electronics routing solution.  I will post here when they start moving. 

Again, anyone who would like a refund of their deposit, please let me know via PM :).  We are doing the best we can to continue moving these forward as soon as possible.  I will post here when I have an update.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #311 on: March 18, 2022, 08:39:51 AM »
Thank you Deanna, appreciate the update.

MTFBWY,
Howard

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
« Reply #312 on: May 29, 2022, 01:41:00 PM »
For those still on this run shoot me a PM please.
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #313 on: May 30, 2022, 08:23:01 AM »
Instead of causing even more issues why not just take the refund Pfockerchief? We have been offering everyone on the run a refund for years.  I am not coercing anyone to stick it out and I am not just sitting here ignoring it.  We work on it as much as we can throughout everything else. We are completely overloaded and stressed to the limit.  Running a business during the pandemic has been extremely difficult.  Staffing and supply chain issues have made this impossible and just because the perception is that the pandemic is over that doesn't flip some imaginary switch.  Staffing issues are worse if possible than I have ever seen in almost 40 years of being in some sort of management, and supply chain issues make things extraordinarily difficult.  Accelerometers, processors, bluetooth boards, leds, batteries have all had challenges either currently or in the past 12 months.

This particular run has been cursed.  The last chassis looked great, we did the install and realized that something was done backwards.  It looks aesthetically beautiful but is backwards for wiring and functionality. I have a potential solution but do not have the prototype yet.  At this point, I just do not know what else to do.  I have spent more on the run than the retail price I quoted you all (by quite a bit now).  And I am trying to honor that oommittment by manufacturing this at a loss to honor my word.  I have been called names and bullied throughout the process and am at a breaking point. 

Please, take the refund.  I can't make it go any quicker than it is.  I know for those who do not understand manufacturing it seems like "it is only 20 pieces, should be easy" but that is precisely why it is so difficult.  Most places will not touch a 20 piece order at any price that mortals can afford as it is simply not cost effective.  So we have been having to navigate that all this time everytime something has to be redone.  Right now almost no one is taking this type of work.  I am trying.  When this was first designed it was designed for completely different technology, a smaller battery, and we were early in our engineering prowess which is why we had to hire other engineers to design the internals.  Unfortunately since the engineer who did the externals was different than the one doing the internals, it has been very rocky.  There have been several iterations, each time utilizing expensive metals and when things do not fit properly it is not something we can just squish in and release. I apologize to everyone who is on the run.  When we first set out on this all intentions were to have it done in a year.  But the manufacturing lagged, technology marched on and we have been playing catch up trying to get the internals manufactured the way we envisioned but functional with today's technology.  We were soooo close on this last one, now it is just one part.  Unfortunately an expensive part, and I have been exploring options.  Please for anyone fed up at this point, TAKE THE REFUND.  It will not hurt my feelings in the least.  For those who still after reading this do not want the refund, I am going to have to ask that you continue to have some grace. I can't wave a wand.  There are things still not right that have to be fixed.  I cannot take the stress though.  So please, if you cannot find it in yourself at this point to wait, I get it it has been a long time.  Way too long for any run to have taken.  Please take the refund.  For those still committed, I will continue to plug away at it.

Also, one last thought, we took a small 25% deposit at the time.  It is not like we took the whole amount upfront.  We have also been offering refunds since very early on. If this is something causing you stress or anger, why hang on?  Why continue to cause stress to people just trying to make glowy flashlights to make people happy, and why continue to cause yourself stress?  What is the motivation at that point?  This small 20 piece run has caused me years of stress.  I lose sleep over it.  It was a committment I made to all of you and so I keep fighting to get it done.  Please take the refund and move on.  To those who have remained patient, I thank you from the very bottom of my heart! You guys have been wonderful. 

I am going to reiterate this ONE MORE TIME, anyone tired of waiting or just finished for any reason at all, please take the refund.  I will be checking my PM box in the next week or so, any of you feel free to PM with your Paypal address and I will get it right over upon request.

Warmest Regards,
LUMI

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #314 on: May 30, 2022, 03:39:47 PM »
To be honest Deanna, it really feels like you want us all to take the refund at this point.  This project has taken a back seat for so long and everyone on this run has been amazingly patient and allowed time.  I think we are just about done chasing false hope is the issue.  I have not spoken with anyone else about this run and am just giving my thoughts upon reading your post.  The project doesn’t seem to be cursed, just lacking any sort of focus or priority.  Clearly we still all want the saber or we wouldn’t still be hanging on to our spots, but again I feel like we are just being slowly worn down to accept the refund.

retrousse