fiduciary

Author Topic: A Thank You To The Masters  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Swingblade

• No Force
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me.
    • Heroes In Force
A Thank You To The Masters
« on: February 07, 2016, 07:29:13 PM »
Greetings,
I just want to say a big "Thank you" to all the contributions on this forum. I have been practicing martial arts for 16 years and now help my sensei run his class. Just recently with Star Wars coming out, our class has been very interested in learning lightsaber combat. I studied kendo and Iaido for close to ten years (of course because of Star Wars) so my Sensei asked if I would be up for the challenge of teaching the class the art of lightsabers. Unfortunately, I know nothing of actual lightsaber combat and I won't pretend to be an expert, but I am learning. I have taught a couple of classes but it was just getting proper footwork, form, and basic sword strikes that you would do with a katana. There are a lot of "backyard masters" but I want to be legit with my knowledge and skills since I am teaching. It is important that my students be taught properly and with practical techniques. My training was very traditional (no spinning swords behind my back or throwing it up in the air) and I want to teach them that way as well, although I know some saber techniques are kind of flashy and useless in a real fight. Either way, I just want to say thank you to all of you saber masters for your teachings and guidance to bring this hobby to life. I also want to give a huge shout out to Caine for helping me learn how to do this properly. His videos and tips are extremely useful and have launched me on the right path.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
Re: A Thank You To The Masters
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 09:36:09 PM »
Awesome. You are going to do quite well with this! You know you have my full support.

Offline Swingblade

• No Force
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me.
    • Heroes In Force
Re: A Thank You To The Masters
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 06:08:02 AM »
Awesome. You are going to do quite well with this! You know you have my full support.

Thank you, Caine.

retrousse