fiduciary

Author Topic: Laser Defence  (Read 3538 times)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
Laser Defence
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:10:05 AM »
I got an interesting email a few days ago for a game called Laser Defence.  The owner of the site contacted me Via Email in my Ultra account. 

It looks like it may have some cool potential for events. 

It's based on Laser Tag. BUT you can use a SABER with it to "block" the beams. 8)

http://www.laserdefence.com/home.html

I am thinking of emailing someone in Anaheim California, and Someone in Orlando Florida about this nifty thing. ;D  Who knows.  If they like it enough, it might be something you see on a "Weekend"

Any thoughts?

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
Re: Laser Defence
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 12:36:26 AM »
I see they are developing a home version of this, ...sheet rock repairmen rejoice!!!

I can;t see me buying one, ...but if a commercial "game room" with this would open near by, I would definetly go. Ahhh we can relive the days of photon!!, ...sorta.

I hope that '80's style background music plays everytime the game starts too!!

Worth checking out!

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 01:15:58 AM »
How about Lazer Tag ;D I remember when that was "cool" and even had a tv show... God I feel old at 29 LOL

Well I can see some applications for this like lightsaber training... Did you even notice the blaster sound was similar to SW ;) Lightsabers are so cool people are trying to cash in on it and try to get away with it lol
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 01:19:34 AM by SHAAK TI »
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 05:33:44 AM »
I remember the days of Lazer Tag and Photon in Long Island, and Lazer Quest in PA, when a warrior named Raijlin stalked amongst the indoor urban environment in singles combat and on team Shadow Stalkers.

The thing I liked was the three centers I played in allowed for a 3 dimensional area.  You had to worry about people above you, behind, hidden areas, etc.  It was so different than the cheap sites they have now where all you do is go into a one level room with pillars to hide behind.

I remember actually having my keycard temp banned for 60 days of singles and team combat because me, IG-88, and Noob Saibot thought of the idea of bringing prisms into the combat arena.  LOL...if you're going to get banned, might as well be for thinking ingeniously.

hehehe...

Yeah, I would love to see one of these setup again.  The days of sneaking around smoke generators, in a building that grants 3 levels worth of arena.

Man ...  I'm 31 now.  LOL...

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 11:30:54 AM »
I remember the days of Lazer Tag and Photon in Long Island, and Lazer Quest in PA, when a warrior named Raijlin stalked amongst the indoor urban environment in singles combat and on team Shadow Stalkers.

The thing I liked was the three centers I played in allowed for a 3 dimensional area.  You had to worry about people above you, behind, hidden areas, etc.  It was so different than the cheap sites they have now where all you do is go into a one level room with pillars to hide behind.

I remember actually having my keycard temp banned for 60 days of singles and team combat because me, IG-88, and Noob Saibot thought of the idea of bringing prisms into the combat arena.  LOL...if you're going to get banned, might as well be for thinking ingeniously.

hehehe...

Yeah, I would love to see one of these setup again.  The days of sneaking around smoke generators, in a building that grants 3 levels worth of arena.

Man ...  I'm 31 now.  LOL...

Lord Vader, you need to come to Muncie sometime!  8)  We have a 2 Level arena here in town that has LOTS of cover. I still go out to play there sometimes. It's not the biggest arena around, but it's better than some that I have been to.

There's an arena in Indy that has 4 levels, towers, bunkers, foxholes and turrets. It's only 45 minutes away.  ;D

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 11:58:35 AM »
That's pretty cool,  but would be wated on the Mouse....

We have a Laser tag type arena in Lansing...we've been there a few times,  and it ahs multiple levels too....three,  i think.  Three teams stuck in a three tiered maze with walls and window to hide behind,  and they even use dry ice to smoke the place up so you can actually see the lasers!  It's a blast!

They do still make laser tag blasters,  too....we have four of them.  And yes,  I remember the originals as well...I had a frien that had the laser tag vest and everything!  I got a cheap knock-off that didn't really work.... ::)

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 01:15:13 PM »
You all are sooo lucky, ....we don't have anything like that near us, ....the closest resemblance to anything like that, we have,  is 4 rocks to throw at each other and mouthed the *pew, .....pew, ....zam* sounds.

*And Jedye already lost ONE of them!!!*

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 01:36:58 PM »
We don't have anything like that here in Redding either. Though...we DO have a place called (I think) Need for Speed which has a small fleet of high performance, 1 person racing cars from Italy. Haven't been able to try them since it's like $40 for 16 laps or something like that, per car.
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 01:48:03 PM »
Sounds like it would be fun. We have 2 lazer quest arenas in my state. Both have different 3 level rooms. They use mirrors on stairwell walls so if someone is coming up, you shoot the mirror and it bounces off hitting them. Prisms would be way cool, I never thought of that.

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 05:18:49 PM »
When the multiple lasers fire up is when you need your spinning saber techniques. :o I believe I'd fair well at that game. It's definately a novel concept. Maybe we could all go in on one together.... ;D ::) Just kidding. :o

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 05:28:25 PM »
How about Lazer Tag ;D I remember when that was "cool" and even had a tv show... God I feel old at 29 LOL

Well I can see some applications for this like lightsaber training... Did you even notice the blaster sound was similar to SW ;) Lightsabers are so cool people are trying to cash in on it and try to get away with it lol

Well, I'll be 39 in another 3 months. :P

I rememeber all that too, I even had the Star Trek Wrath of Khan phasers that could disable one another if they took a hit. :D

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
Re: Laser Defence - (Sons birthday to include Laser Tag...LOL)
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 04:15:58 PM »
Well, today we celebrated my youngest sons 2nd birthday at FunWorks Factory.  Of course, the large group wanted to do Laser Tag.  (Lazer Runner there). 

I was kind of upset during the team pairing process, because I soon found myself in the black lit room with a majority of kids under the age of 12.  The two individuals that were older than 12 were my wife, and her 19 year old sister.

** Vader peered around the room and wasn't happy.**

I made mention of this fact, and the issue that I was also the oldest person in the match (nearly 32, come February) and my wife's sister's husband turns around and says:  "Your fault for wearing the Force Reconnaissance T-shirt, old man."   *** snicker snicker snicker *** followed by comments of how this was going to be a slaugther for them.  (You would have thought they would have wanted me on their team?!?)

Their side had 5 guys, ranging from 15-22, and a couple of little kids.  Again...Vader wasn't happy.  LOL...   :D

Let's just say by the end of the match, the RED team (THEIR TEAM) was complaining the whole way out the EXIT.

Not only did the "old man's" GREEN TEAM win, but Vader came in with 4,700 of the 9,400 points for the GREEN TEAM.

Hit: 44 times.
Oppenents Killed: 110

Not bad for an old man in a 10:00 match.

Of course...I wasn't walking around very well afterwards and am now sitting at home having taken 2 pain meds for my knees and back.  LOL...

The kids were laughing and jeering at the older teenagers the rest of the night, showing their print-offs of the match.

LOL...

Not bad for "Solar Captain" Vader.   ;D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 04:20:59 PM by DARTH VADER »

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 06:30:25 PM »
ROFL :d

I love schooling some in Lazer Tag.  I need to go play again in Indy.  They have Trooper tag there. ;)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 06:49:55 PM »
I remember when this was popular in my neighborhood, when I was a kid.

My parents could not afford to get the standard gun and vest set, when everyone else got them. I had to play referee  :'(

I think it was my birthday, when I unwrapped the lazertag rifle.

Yup, pwned the whole block every time we played after that.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

retrousse