fiduciary

Author Topic: Crystal Focus for Led Strips / CFV5-LS [NOW CFv6.50-LS]  (Read 78061 times)

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
Re: Crystal Focus for Led Strips / CFV5-LS [NOW CFv6.50-LS]
« Reply #390 on: July 10, 2013, 10:57:39 AM »
as we discussed via email, the way the accent pad #1 settings function during poweron and poweroff could use some perfecting.  I cannot remember if the issue existed on CFv6 or CFv5, but I do know that the luxeon mirror setting is interrupted by ignition and retraction animations of the accent leds on CFv6 LS.  I seem to recall it working fine on the CFv6 regular version, but I'd have to ask Darth Smorgis, as his obi tpm has the same crystal configuration.

@ DS, if you see this, check in will ya? 

Also, another general question about CFLS, how do you prevent (or reduce) the shadowing of the negative wires blocking the light?  I can't imagine being able to pack the wires all the way across (7 wires wide x 1 wire thick) and I definitely noticed some shadowing on my blade.  The only solution I could think of is to use a dual string with the negative wires going through the middle of the strands.  I doubt I'd be able to pack 2 full strings plus my flash string into the MR foam though. 

this is my string blade next to a single rebel green (from a color mixing saber).  the camera isn't doing it justice though.  the luxeon blade is much dimmer in comparison.  Just wanted to show it off here as well. 

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #391 on: July 10, 2013, 09:05:33 PM »
that's BRIGHT  8)

you might be right (I have to test on a V6 too), accent pad function might be reset only at the end of the power off sequence only, hence allowing a smooth power off mirroring the blade. Added to the bug list / todo list anyway.

for the shadowing, as the seriallel wiring doesn't use too much current I'm using some *white* ultra thin wire (gage between 28 and 30). The wire color and size produce like no shadow at all

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #392 on: July 10, 2013, 10:22:47 PM »
the lux meter on my phone gets 6000 lux average on a full battery, 5500 on a low battery.  I'm actually thinking the flash strip will decrease the shadowing by catching the light more in the right spots, but I won't know for sure till tomorrow when I make my flash strip. 

I also am losing some diffusion by using a 7/8" blade instead of a 1" with an extra diffuser layer.  hoping to get my saber totally wrapped up tomorrow so I can give some actual feedback for the board.  so far I 100% love it. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 07:15:29 AM by Alex Gordon »

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
« Reply #393 on: July 10, 2013, 10:26:58 PM »
I'll be looking forward to that feedback ! I just bought one of those boards and have plans for it !! :)  Very bright stuff !!

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
« Reply #394 on: August 08, 2013, 01:39:06 PM »
Super stumped....

I don't understand HOW to change the ignition and retraction speed of the segments at all..

I also have the first run firmware board in front of me and the drive parameter was at 130

Is this first firmware on the same parameters as the 6.5??? If I set it to 1023... is this still valid for the first CFLS release?

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #395 on: August 08, 2013, 07:39:58 PM »
ignition speed is defined by quick on and quick off parameters (in ms). Then you add on top of that the ignition SEQUENCE which is something else.

first run max drive is 511, second run (6.5) with new hardware (similar to regular CFv6) max drive is 1023.

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
« Reply #396 on: August 08, 2013, 11:10:23 PM »
Thanks ERV!

Got it...

What I had trouble getting was the parameter. In the manual it says a number of 200-400 was a good starting point for quick power on/off. But I had to enter it as "0400".

It's awesome!!!

MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
« Reply #397 on: August 09, 2013, 12:05:52 PM »
Is there a way to delay the retraction sequence. Having it fast is good but its too fast for the sound. I'd like to have it wait a little it before retracting.

MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #398 on: August 09, 2013, 12:15:30 PM »
as far as I know there has yet to be a delay parameter for either the.poweron or poweroff.  maybe that's why I couldn't find a faster setting than 750ms that I liked. 

Offline Jedi_Corellian

• Experienced Force User
  • There must be a balance between light and dark...
    • Kerwin Kels Productions
« Reply #399 on: August 10, 2013, 06:47:32 PM »
Hey, just wondering about this new sound board...Is the CF v6.5 only designed for LED strips or can it also be used for the other LED's or is that only reserved for the CF v6.1?  :o

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #400 on: August 10, 2013, 06:58:35 PM »
Hey, just wondering about this new sound board...Is the CF v6.5 only designed for LED strips or can it also be used for the other LED's or is that only reserved for the CF v6.1?  :o

Ones that are marked LS are specifically for LED strips, the others like CF v6.5 are for "other LED's" but that board isn't listed in the store at the moment, so I am guessing he has temporarily sold out of those.  8)

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Jedi_Corellian

• Experienced Force User
  • There must be a balance between light and dark...
    • Kerwin Kels Productions
« Reply #401 on: August 10, 2013, 07:59:04 PM »

Ones that are marked LS are specifically for LED strips, the others like CF v6.5 are for "other LED's" but that board isn't listed in the store at the moment, so I am guessing he has temporarily sold out of those.  8)

Ah, I see....I was wondering about that too. Thanks for the insight, it's much appreciated!

Offline Sethski

• Master Force User
« Reply #402 on: November 23, 2013, 09:27:54 AM »
I'm getting the bits and stuff ordered for making a string blade. I read earlier in a post from Erv that, with the relatively low current, white gauge 28 or 30 wire is OK in the blade itself to help to minimise any shadows from the wiring.

Is it better to use stranded, rather than solid core, wire (or vice versa)? I guess at these gauges the solid core wire will be pretty flexible as it's so thin, so wanted to check before ordering if it makes any odds or one or the other is recommended, and any other points to consider when buying. Thanks.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #403 on: November 23, 2013, 10:09:34 AM »
that's indeed what I've used, 0.05mm2 wire, standed

Offline Sethski

• Master Force User
« Reply #404 on: November 23, 2013, 10:29:39 AM »
Cheers, Erv, I'll get me some of that, then ;)

retrousse