fiduciary

Author Topic: Unofficial 2021 challenge poll  (Read 2906 times)

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
Re: Unofficial 2021 challenge poll
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2021, 04:23:37 PM »
Good news everyone, I messaged FJK, and he's onboard as our Grand Contest Adjudicator!

Re: a video story, I'd argue that while it's a cool idea and I'd be up for that, I think it should be kept as a separate thing from this contest, though. I feel that The Golden Saber is what this contest is about, not slickness of video production.
Better late than never.

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2021, 03:59:52 PM »
I think all the entries should be judged on the one video, as described by Eastern 57. Back stories and build logs will make entertaining 'bonus material' after the reveal and keep us talking about the ideas and concepts. And the intrigue of how and why, may influence the vote more fairly.

Greenie.

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2021, 12:53:15 PM »
Will have to be extra careful on video, eastern is a sleuth and can put you based on the smallest detail!

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2021, 04:52:39 AM »
Will have to be extra careful on video, eastern is a sleuth and can put you based on the smallest detail!

I mean, if you're going to make it easy and leave the metadata in your jpegs...  :tongue:
Better late than never.

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2021, 06:45:19 AM »
Looking forward to starting on this. I am already beginning to accrue some parts.  :grin:

Let's set a due date. The longer we wait, the later the due date people will want.

The video is fine by me. No talking, just putting it together and turning it on. It is really hard to express that in just photos. I got a lot of questions on how mine opened up last time at the joint of the flash unit. Video would be better to show assembly/disassembly.

Gloves required for the videos?

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2021, 11:00:34 AM »
Since everyone seems to be anxious to get started, I am looking into the various possibilities of hosting videos in a central spot. I haven’t settled on anything definite yet. With that said, I don’t see that as an impediment to your collective suffering,  :evil: so if you want to start the contest, I don’t mind.

Once I settle on how to handle the videos, I’ll let you all know.

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Darth Brooks

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2021, 11:41:59 AM »
Maybe this was said but we should require like a black or white background or something? Some folks post many more vids than others that it'll be a dead give away who the entrant is. That is if we're trying to stay anonymous for judging purposes?

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2021, 04:02:37 PM »
I agree we should get started.  I think we've more or less decided on a Thanksgiving deadline/stop/submit-by and a Christmas winner reveal.  That should be sufficient... even for all those sneaksey DRL'ses..

I think Thunder was helmed to lead this off, but if he's indisposed, I could write something up this weekend.

@Darth Brooks, Backgrounds have been mentioned.  I think something like, "Blank white, neutral, unrecognizable background - just NOT your usual show-off spot." would work fine for our purposes. 

I don't think the mirror background will work.  It was fine for still shots, but it probably won't work for video, especially since you have to get all up in there.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2021, 05:02:36 PM »
I agree we should get started.  I think we've more or less decided on a Thanksgiving deadline/stop/submit-by and a Christmas winner reveal.  That should be sufficient... even for all those sneaksey DRL'ses..

I think Thunder was helmed to lead this off, but if he's indisposed, I could write something up this weekend.

Look out for an announcement in LED Sabers, tomorrow.

...It would have been tonight, but it's 1AM on my side of the Atlantic, and I need some shuteye  :wink:
Better late than never.

retrousse