fiduciary

Author Topic: Advanced Light Weaponry Hilt + Hyperdyne System. Has anyone done this???  (Read 2073 times)

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
I just want to know if someone has that saber.  Or if it is possible (the a.l.w. hilts can hold the electronics of hyperdyne? with sound and all?)
thankx on any info!
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline Jedibum

• WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING
  • Force User
    • Hyperdyne Labs
Re: Advanced Light Weaponry Hilt + Hyperdyne System. Has anyone done this???
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 11:09:31 AM »
Hi levelnext! 

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible.  I have both a Hyperdyne set-up and a saber I bought from ALW about a year ago.  ALW's hilts are very thin.  They have barely enough room for a AAA battery holder and an LED.  The reason for this is so the designer can add thick designed panels to the outside of the metal hilt giving each of their sabers a very unique look.  The outcome makes the sabers look like stunning works-of-art, as you can tell from their website, while still having the saber look and feel like the correct movie thickness ... thinner than MR FX sabers.

I have the new Hyperdyne V2 set-up, and with the V2 you have a new larger rechargeable battery pack.  This one is 11volts instead of the smaller V1 7volt battery pack.  I had an extremely hard time getting the battery pack to fit in an MHS hilt from thecustomsabershop.com ... I had to practically hammer it in.  And the diameter of the MHS hilt pieces are wider than the ALW hilts.  So right off the V2 battery pack wouldn't work ... you'd have to try and find a smaller one that you could fit in but would not under power the blade.

Also, ALW hilts are designed to use 3/4 inch blades instead of the thicker 1 inch blades ... hyperdyne uses the thicker blades.  So you'd have to contact ALW and see if they could custom make your hilt to fit a thicker blade ... I'm sure they could do it the question would be how much extra would it be.

Just adding sound to an AWL hilt is a challenge.  All of their sabers are custom made with extremely heavy metals and detailed designs ... his pommels are very decorative and so thick and heavy that I don't think it would be possible to drill into them.  You would have to see if he could custom make you a pommel that is hollow and can fit a speaker.

So you have a few issues there.  I think the only way to make it work would be to have ALW make you a custom saber that would fit all of the specific measurments that you would need for all of the internals as well as a hollow pommel for the speaker and room for the thicker blade.  This would be a very expensive saber too ... I believe a custom design job from ALW would probably run you $250 - $350 depending on your design.  And a complete Hyperdyne V2 set-up with amplified sound is gonna run you close to $500.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 11:20:24 AM by Jedibum »
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Offline laichai

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 09:58:46 AM »
Very interesting idea. The AIW sabers are one of the best looking custom jobs out there.

I contacted AIW earlier this year and asked about their sabers, I am under the impression that they are not going to do any custom sabers because they are hoping to collabrate with another company to make some saber designs that can be semi-mass produced. My info might be out dated though because they are at least a few months old. 

Offline Jedibum

• WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING
  • Force User
    • Hyperdyne Labs
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 12:17:18 PM »
Hi laichai!

You are right, ALW has merged with Saberology.com to start a new company.  They have been working together for over a year to eventually come out with a new saber line that is highly customizable while being very unique.  About 6 months back I was told by ALW that they were hoping to have some new stuff up before the new year.
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 01:24:21 PM »
he's are neat  and organic
sig removed, ...animation not allowed

Offline laichai

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 08:12:53 PM »
Jedibum:
I can't wait to see what kind of sabers they will release, although I am almost 100% sure I won't be able to afford one =P

I really hope there will be a saber that looks as good as MRFX, small as the limited saber hilt versions and has detechable/durable blade. I think I just need to wait until one day (if ever) MR will release it and is cheapy mass produced.

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 01:05:30 PM »
if everyone had their own machine shop they could make their own styles
sig removed, ...animation not allowed

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 04:21:01 AM »
@Jedibum:  thanks for all the info man, it really helped me.  i am thinking of getting a hyperdyne saber but havent decided on the hilt.  i think it might be anakin rots, i love the thickness on that hilt, i kinda like it more than any other, i would love an anakin rots with the blade holder like the esb OR an ESB hilt with the anakin clamp and anakin's width.

I'll get to this and keep you posted. but thanks on the info.
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Seth Ski-Woo

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 10:54:39 AM »
Hi Folks - an ALW hilt and Hyperdyne insides would be something  ;D I didn't know if anyone has noticed, but on the ALW site, under "hilts", one of the types of hilt on offer is built from a Force FX hilt, so you'd have enough room inside for the Hyperdyne electronics - it wouldn't be as slender and elegant as the other hilts, but retains the unique styling and still looks pretty decent IMO... I'm not sure if it retains the sound from the FX and so has the speaker hole problem pre-figure or not...
But OMG the mind boggles at how much the whole thing would cost!!! Especially for a custom double saber  :o ...mmm, nice thought!!

retrousse