fiduciary

Author Topic: Tell me I'm not the only one that died inside when I saw the light slingshot  (Read 4620 times)

Offline Dimes

• Experienced Force User
  • Formerly known as JMurphy
I love how the internet has given everyone the ability to know exactly how much they approve of something before they actually experience it

They took our joooooobs!!
Of Course I know him, he's me!

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
Guys, everyone is entitled to his opinion.  If you love the Peashooter of Destiny, that's fine.  But really no need to criticize those of us who don't.  Just because someone doesn't like a certain element that really is completely inconsistent with the rest of the Star Wars Universe doesn't make them any less of a fan than you. 

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Dimes

• Experienced Force User
  • Formerly known as JMurphy
^The above is very true. To add something more helpful to the discussion, in spite of my earlier comment. I think it also depends on the age group the show is targeting. Kids will love that sort of thing. While we will want to cast such things into the fire, as long as it is succeeding with the target audience, well done I guess.
Of Course I know him, he's me!

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
Guys, everyone is entitled to his opinion.  If you love the Peashooter of Destiny, that's fine.  But really no need to criticize those of us who don't.  Just because someone doesn't like a certain element that really is completely inconsistent with the rest of the Star Wars Universe doesn't make them any less of a fan than you.

Wait a second!
My comment wasn't directed and anyone who thinks the slingshot is silly.

I think it's INCREDIBLY silly.

Not giving the show a try or assuming you won't like it before experiencing it was what I was warning against.

I judged the clone wars show because of the theatrical release, and starting watching at season Two by accident and fell in love

If you where a person telling me you wouldn't see ROTJ before it came out cuz you saw a picture of the Ewoks, I would say the same things.

I Just don't don't think it's fair to write off something that a lot of intelligent hard working people poured their hearts into before actually experiencing it.

This is a show on Disney XD. Real business decisions are made. As this a product and part of a business.

They probably didn't immediately want to give the youngest character  on the show "young like a majority of the viewers may likely be" a Gun.
Kids+Guns. Sensitive issue, especially in this country. He will probably get his blaster and saber as time goes on, IMHO

Didn't meant to offend anyone. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, let's try to be fair though.

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Formerly known as Bayne-Fett
  • Master Force User
  • "Dead or Alive, you’re worth Credits to me"
Here, here... Well stated Sir. ;)

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
It is definitely all about marketing to kids

That's what happen when Disney takes over

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
It is definitely all about marketing to kids

That's what happen when Disney takes over

If they have to market to kids to sell the toys that in turn make profit and allow them to have bottomless film budgets so they can make awesome movies like in the marvel cinematic Universe, then Im ALL for it.

Offline DarthRaevus

• Master Force User
  • Friendly neighborhood machinist...
And this certainly isn't the first time in Star Wars that certain decisions were made in order to sell toys.  Such things were done even Lucas was in charge, its just a business thing - good, bad, or different.  And for all we know, the rest of the show will be much more grown up (here's hoping :)).

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
I think anyone expecting that Star Wars under Disney control will be in any way for adults not all about kids and stupid people and foreign box office audiences who may be illiterate in English so wouldn't appreciate intelligent dialogue but will go 'ooooh' over "splosions" and glowy eyecandy things no matter how moronic like this...well they are expecting too much from the House Of The Mouse That Ruined Copyright [but that's another issue].

What is truly sad is as mentioned that intelligent elements of the EU are thrown out wholesale but idiocy like this will be full G canon going forward...so even if anyone ever wants to write intelligent SW material in the future they will have to deal with such dreck being 'established'.

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline TrypWyr

• Master Force User
I have to agree with Justin here... if Disney can do with SW what has been done with the Marvel CU, I'm all in. If a cartoon on the legitimate kid's TV channel has something stupid in it, so be it.

But yeah, the slingshot is a stupid idea... ;)

Offline Lord Bane

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • LB CUSTOM SABERS
Oh...Wow!!! That is very disappointing. Not good at all. I'm losing hope now. Man what a bummer!

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"

Wait a second!
My comment wasn't directed and anyone who thinks the slingshot is silly.

I think it's INCREDIBLY silly.

Not giving the show a try or assuming you won't like it before experiencing it was what I was warning against.

I judged the clone wars show because of the theatrical release, and starting watching at season Two by accident and fell in love

If you where a person telling me you wouldn't see ROTJ before it came out cuz you saw a picture of the Ewoks, I would say the same things.

I Just don't don't think it's fair to write off something that a lot of intelligent hard working people poured their hearts into before actually experiencing it.

This is a show on Disney XD. Real business decisions are made. As this a product and part of a business.

They probably didn't immediately want to give the youngest character  on the show "young like a majority of the viewers may likely be" a Gun.
Kids+Guns. Sensitive issue, especially in this country. He will probably get his blaster and saber as time goes on, IMHO

Didn't meant to offend anyone. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, let's try to be fair though.
Pretty much what I was thinking.... it's weird to me that people are willing to throw over an entire show and all the creative work that has gone into it before they even get to experience it just because of one prop... It's like um no I don't think I will try that banana split even though it might taste great because I don't like way the cherry looks on the top of it... looks on the top of it...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 08:47:11 AM by KI-ADI-MUNDI »

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline Lord Bane

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • LB CUSTOM SABERS
Let's face it though, this will be completely driven towards a kid audience where the Clone Wars was a bit of both. To me that is understandable because it is a Disney franchise but it is a bit of a bummer because the time line should be darker, especially a time where Vader was still in the process of hunting down the remaining Jedi and the Empire was in full force of conquering the Galaxy. I am very skeptical but I am willing to be open and give it a chance. I hated The Clone Wars movie but as I watched the series evolve it grew on me and I love both the series and movie. Hopefully the Rebels series will evolve into something great.

Offline Darth Hizzo

• Padawan Learner
  • Formerly Known as Darth Santa Naughty ... or nice?
Let's face it though, this will be completely driven towards a kid audience where the Clone Wars was a bit of both. To me that is understandable because it is a Disney franchise but it is a bit of a bummer because the time line should be darker, especially a time where Vader was still in the process of hunting down the remaining Jedi and the Empire was in full force of conquering the Galaxy. I am very skeptical but I am willing to be open and give it a chance. I hated The Clone Wars movie but as I watched the series evolve it grew on me and I love both the series and movie. Hopefully the Rebels series will evolve into something great.

I agree.  This show will be driven towards a kids audience because Disney wants to suck in a new generation of Star Wars fans.  It looks like it isn't meant for fans of all ages, which the Clone Wars turned out to be.  We simply need to accept that this is the purpose of the show.  It's for kids.  Hopefully it serves its purpose and turns a bunch of little ones into life long star wars fans. 

retrousse