fiduciary

Author Topic: Looking for Help With Making a Comic  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
Looking for Help With Making a Comic
« on: June 30, 2009, 05:28:13 AM »
I have a great story idea for a comic book series. It is a fresh new adventure with a deep story line. I have questioned Dark Horse comics and a few others about submitting the idea to them. They have all responded that they are not allowed to use outside submissions for the Star Wars line due to contract terms. I do not need them however to make this a reality. My uncle knows and executive publisher in CA very well. He said that if I could come up with even a rough draft then he would take it to him. He said they are always very interested in new ideas and stories. I already have an in with them as they are currently looking over several t-shirt designs I have to make humorous t-shirts for amputees.
What is needed right now is some one who can write scripts or just able to take a story and turn it into comic style dialog.
Must be skilled in character building, suspense, emotion and generally make a good connection with the reader.
I also need artists. Good ones. Comic art today is not the same as it was when my father was a kid. My kids expect a certain level of professionalism and amazement when buying a comic. My son asked me last week how do they make all the cool pictures in one week. The artist or artists must be able to take what is written and bring it out through their drawings.
Color and ink can be done at a later date if we have too, though it would be nice to have a full color comic to submit.
What would be really cool is if this could end up being the FX-Forum Comics. But that is for a later date.
This is a serious undertaking with the possibility of full publishing.
I am also an artist and can help in that area as well. I am great with color.
Also, I am 33 years old I have made a living doing artwork. I have a wife and three kids. So, I am not just some kid with an idea who can't really back what he is saying. 
Of course there are no guarantees though the possibility is good. Worse case we end up making a really cool FX-Forum comic book that can be offered here for Fx-Fourm members. 
Anyone interested in making this team please PM as there are other details that need to be addressed.
Needed:
Writers
Artist
editors (must be very good with punctuation, spelling and grammar
inkers ( if the artist needs)
Color (if the artist needs)
Printers (ability to make professional comic style pages) I would like to do this without hiring a company for the first few comics. There is lots of paper work if we go outside to do this.
I will post updates as to any other needs or positions filled. There is no money involved at this time. This is simply to make an attempt to get our feet in the door. With luck, well, you never know.

Offline Darth Tenuous

• Padawan Learner
  • Everything is mine! It's just a question of when!
Re: Looking for Help With Making a Comic
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 07:02:36 AM »
I'm willing to lend my help to you're project, however, Myself and a couple of other people on the forum are in a rather difficult stage with a film we are making (i.e. the writing stage), so would not really be available for a few months at the earliest. If I can be of any help, do please let me know and I'll reply as to whether I can do it or not.
Best of luck with your efforts.

MTFBWY
If a tree falls down in the forest and there is no-one around to hear it, do the other trees point and laugh?

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 07:17:10 AM »
PM sent

:)

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 07:44:32 AM »
I'm willing to lend my help to you're project, however, Myself and a couple of other people on the forum are in a rather difficult stage with a film we are making (i.e. the writing stage), so would not really be available for a few months at the earliest. If I can be of any help, do please let me know and I'll reply as to whether I can do it or not.
Best of luck with your efforts.

MTFBWY
Hey that's great! Do you have a topic post for it yet? Probably to early at this stage. I will be keeping my eyes out for that. If you need any injured actors I can play that part great!  ;D 

Offline Paul Lanski

• Master Force User
  • facebook.com/adrigraphics
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 08:50:29 AM »
Hi, I wanna help.. I draw, and do 3D modelling. I'm also a kinda good writer...

Only problem might be that I live in Belgium...

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 09:34:21 AM »
PM sent to Barriss Offee and Paul Lanski

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 05:41:54 AM »
Have some help but still looking for more.  Any artists out there?

Offline Jedi-relik

• Padawan Learner
  • Slightly better aim than a Stormtrooper
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 02:18:49 AM »
Shoot me a short script and I'll put something together for you to see of you like it...

Soon to be a reality!

retrousse