fiduciary

Author Topic: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS EBAY SELLER!!! (Update 6-9-2007)  (Read 41761 times)

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=150107641840&rd=1

On April 7th, I paid for a MR .45 Luke ESB Lightsaber and they sent me the tracking # and all it said was Electronic Info recieved. That was on April 11th.

I tried emailing them several times and they never responded. I opened up a dispute and after 3 weeks of them not responding, I closed the dispute and let Ebay deal with them, if they will at all.

I left negative feedback knowing that they will do the same, but it's been nearly TWO FREAKING MONTHS and still no item!   >:( >:( >:(

So when I closed the dispute, I let them know that I would be posting this on every prop forum that I am a member of.

So consider yourselves warned, this guy rips people off on occasion so if you do business with them, you are rolling the dice and taking your chances!

-Joclad
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 12:58:18 PM by JOCLAD DANVA »

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
Re: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS EBAY SELLER!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 07:40:48 AM »
wow im surprised Master Danva.....states he's a powerseller. you would think he's responsible enought. sorry to hear about this my old friend.
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline Garth_Vader

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 07:47:50 AM »
I don't know what to say.   I bought from them with out a problem.  Maybe this is just an unlucky isolated incident.  Sorry to hear this though.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 07:50:09 AM »
If you look through their feedback, you will see other sellers leaving negative feeback saying that it had been a month or more and no item. :-\

So I don't think of this as an isolated incident.

-Joclad

10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Garth_Vader

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 08:10:26 AM »
Maybe I just got lucky.  Well for your sake I hope everything turns out for the best with this.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 08:20:49 AM »
Well, I've already cut my losses, and left them negative feedback knowing that I will receive the same. That, and I am posting this thread in several other sites too.

-Joclad

Offline PRINCESS LEIA

• Her Worshipfulness
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Well,Somebody has to save our skins!!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 08:22:49 AM »
that's a shame! Joclad have you got your Qui-Gon EL yet?

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent-now get outta here
I'm out of it a little while and everyone has delusions of granduer

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 08:26:23 AM »
No. Due to a Payroll error, I didn't have the money to pay for it last Friday. I will be overnighting the money order to him so he gets it by tomorrow. I should have it sometime next week for sure now! :)

-Joclad

Offline ryanlb

• Experienced Force User
    • A Clone's Paradise
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 08:37:24 AM »
That is too bad.  I have dealt with them a couple of times before and never had a problem, though I have heard a couple of times now of something like this happening.  I hope that's not where I recently ordered my Luke ESB mini saber.

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 08:42:43 AM »
That's why I do two things when dealing with people on ebay, or out of ebay, after having gotten scammed ONCE on Ebay and once on HERE:

1) ALWAYS pay through paypal.  I have NEVER had any problem getting my money back when I demanded the refund.

2) I never deal with people with less than 99.0% Ebay rating.  Also, if they are a "POWERSELLER" I look at their total transactions over the course of a month, 6months, and year and if their negative and neutral feedbacks equal 10% of their total feedbacks....I don't deal with them at all.

Hope you are able to get your money back Master Danva.

Offline BIGGS DARKLIGHTER

• Formerly known as Heimidal
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 09:07:28 AM »
I've almost bought from Sphiatt several times now but I never have because (Much like ToyNK on EBAY) they state within their item descriptions that the item may not necessarily be in stock. That seriously bothers me. How can you sell something that you might not have? Given the problems some people have had with ToyNK I've avoided Sphiatt like the plague. Thanks for posting this!

I'm with DARTH VADER. I always pay via PayPal as well and I never deal with anyone with less that 99% ratings. 

I hope you get your money back!!

This is why I don't like using Ebay that often. There's just too much trust involved. Thankfully all I've still got out there from EBAY right now is a .33 Stormtrooper blaster (That I got for 20$ shipped!!) that I'll hopefully have show up next week.

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 09:15:01 AM »
i agree with my fellow members......

paypal is the ONLY way to go.
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 09:34:21 AM »
I've never dealt with this eBay Seller, nor will I now. I mean, I have specific ones I deal with basically and that is it. Besides, being from Canada, I can't bid from this guy anyway. As for Toynk, I had one issue with them, because of them stating one thing in their auction and the actual item not being it. PayPal dealt with them and all was cool. In fact, I even got my Ani ROTS LE from them no issues. I don't know the background on Sphiatt, so I cannot comment.

But like Master Kolar and Darth Vader state, use PayPal. Besides, Money Orders are non-refundable (At least here in the sticks) and Credit Cards charge their interest rates.

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• Formerly known as Lazbum
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I wish I had quotes as cool as Admiral Ackbar!
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 11:15:51 AM »
You don't have to worry about the seller leaving you negative feedback.  One person did that to me but ebay immediately retracted the feedback since I won the claim dispute.

Thanks to Darth Nerdold for the sig!
Proud Owner of a Graflex V from Yoda!

Offline killphil

• Master Force User
  • ...you know, as in Kill Bill?
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 11:30:34 AM »
Man, I wish I had posted something like this last Nov.

I purchased an Obi Wan From Sphiatte and waited a whole month. Nothing. Site said it would ship items within a week and said they would respond to emails. Well, he wouldn't respond to my emails and I finally had to wind up filing a claim to get my $ back.

Once I did that and left him neg FB, then he was all emailing me trying to get me to take back the neg FB. I wouldn't do it, though. He even left me neg FB in response saying: "Beware, buyer hard to please." I don't know what his definition of pleasing customers is, but not shipping the item one payed for and not responding to numerous email inquiries after a months time does not  equate to "reasonable" business practices in my mind.  I wound up buying my Obi Wan thru Target on Amazon instead.

Again, I wish I would have made a thread here after it happened, but it slipped my mind. Sorry, Joclad :-\

retrousse