fiduciary

Author Topic: Internet outages in area between 11-16-2009 and 11-24-2009  (Read 10203 times)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
Internet outages in area between 11-16-2009 and 11-24-2009
« on: November 16, 2009, 08:34:44 PM »
I had made reference to this in my back order list, but I wanted to post it here too as an update.

Comcast is currently working on the network in my neighborhood and the surrounding area this week.  White Vans are swarming the area at all hours of the day while they are fixing signal strength issues.  What this means is that my internet connection may be affected sporadically for the next week.

During this time, my email severs will be affected, and my ability to update may as well.  Please do not take this as me ignoring the problems here that need addressed.  I am doing this update now, because I want to keep everyone in the loop.

Comcast has assured me that they will do everything possible to keep the interruptions at an absolute minimum, as long as it does not hinder their productivity.  They realize that I am operating on a local business account, and take that into consideration.

So if there is any lack of commo during this time, I apologize in advance.  It not only affects us here, but also affects and inconveniences my entire neighborhood.  ::)

Thanks for you understanding in this matter!  8)

~DT

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
Re: Internet outages in area between 11-16-2009 and 11-24-2009
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 10:55:13 PM »
Hey DT. I work for Comcast myself and they usually get commercial accounts up and running  fast. If there are any serious problems, let me know and I can most likely look into them for ya and see if I can speed things up on my end. Since I am in the Michigan area, I'm limited to that state only, but I can go farther up the chain and talk to people from just about anywhere.

If it is a continual problem, I can send detailed info their way and once I hear something let you know personally. Just let me know.

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 07:08:12 PM »
So...any word?

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 06:31:38 PM »
^^Suprised? :D

Bump!

*Disclaimer* Since the original "keep your opinions here" thread has been subsequently locked, I'm going to post here. Hey, it's better than starting a new thread yeah?

Well, since I decided to keep my bumping to a minimum, it seems I've missed alot in the last month or so. Like a brand spanking new....list! I'm so excited to see things progressing smoothly as usual again.  I mean, this feeling of assurance should last at least the next 3 or 4 months. :)

But, it is the holiday season now, so everything is so busy busy busy. I can understand that I guess. I do hope though that everyone involved with this whole fiasco has a great Christmas this year (sincerely)! Especially you Tyranus, just do me a favor if you don't mind. If you could take one present under the tree, whether it's going to a friend or family member or whatever, and sign it "From your pal Shadeslinger" (that's SHADESLINGER all one word ;)). Make sure it's a little extravagant though, like say worth around $190, cuz apparantly ORA is my new favorite charity this year.

See ya'll in Feb. and have a happy new year! :)

-$5.00

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 07:35:02 AM »
How's it going everyone! :)

Well, it's that special time of the month where we reflect back on sabers paid for, yet never delivered. Has anyone heard from this scam artist since his last login? And if anyone happens to have his email address I'd appreciate a nod in the right direction as it seems to have disappeared from my contact list. ???

As much as I enjoy restraining myself to stupid comments and such, my patience has pretty much run it's course. It'll be a year this March since my order has been labeled the ever famous "ready to pack & ship". That's just simply stupid . I'm going to try and contact DT via email again hopefully as soon as I figure out his addy. I've never been one to throw the "L" word around and I don't even know if it'd be worth my time to go to court over 190 hard-earned dollars, but I'm considering it. In fact, with the amount of others who are in the same boat, I might see about a class action suit, but I'm no lawyer and don't have much knowledge about that kind of stuff.

Again, I don't mean to make it sound like I'm all sue happy, but it IS one type of option. If DT even reads this stuff under any of his secret alter-egos maybe it would be in his best interests to respond. After all, it would be alot easier if you just send us our long-ago paid for stuff already Derek.

Consider yourself warned.

-$5.00

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:32:13 AM by JANGO FETT »

Offline Mcich

• No Force
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 02:09:53 AM »
I seriously don't know how people could just sit back and let this man get away with it, I am just glad I never ordered one of those sabers, personally they seemed a tad tacky for my tastes but thats just me, I think Shade has the right idea, I have been keeping an eye on this thread for a while now and he is the only one with any sense (granted it could be insanity but it is still some form of sense ;) lol)

why action has not been taken is beyond my comprehension, after a year and no legal action? come on!!!

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 05:11:39 AM »
Well, I've already talked to a lawyer aquaintence of mine and as I suspected, it probably isn't worth the time or money (especially money seeing how an hour or two of a typical lawyers time is worth more than the item anyway ::)) to go after the guy. There's still a chance of taking him to civil court but....? As much as I hate to admit it, this low-life con-artist will probably get away with it. :-\

As for me being insane..I take GREAT offence to that! I mean, how DARE you think such a thing of someone you've never met!!

:P   :D   ;D

Just kidding of course! My slightly skew take on things is something that people around me seem to find endearing for some reason....especially teh ladies. :o

LOL.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 05:13:11 AM by Shadeslinger »

Offline Mcich

• No Force
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 12:17:52 PM »
lol insanity is it's own reward I find, especially working in a games store selling videogames to the masses, they seem to prefer it if you are mentally unstable ;)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 01:16:57 AM »
Yes, the "low-Life Con artist" is here.

I received the emails.

Thanks to the one mod that still even talks to me for lighting the fire under my cape.  ;)

Shadeslinger, Please send another email with your shipping address, and papyal address to darth_morbius@ comcast.net

Andy,  I need your addy again too.  I got your email, but I don't think that the reply I sent the first time got through.

I've been putting in some mega hours, and have begun gathering all information again.

Currently I have about 25 sabers sitting here in boxes that are going to be shipping in the next month.

I don't think everyone realizes exactly how many sabers I have here that I need to get back to their owners.

I know that it seems like I am ignoring all of this.  I am not.

I made my bed.  I realize this.  I also realize that I have a rather freaking large obligation to a lot of people.

I also realize that I have a rather large obligation to keep a roof over the heads of my family. 

To be frank, I want these xxx sabers out of my hair for good. 

I screwed myself by charging shipping up front,  a rather n00bish mistake.

It's not like shipping costs are going down these days, and it's not like I have hundreds of thousands of dollars to make sure that I can make ends meet, Plus make sure that all things saber related get out the door with express shipping with insurance.

Call your lawyer if you want.  I am working on getting things taken care of.

Darth real life is a pain in the poodoo emitter, but we all know that. I am not here to give excuses, I am here to get things back in line so I can get everything out, and take my leave of this place permanently.

Just so you know.  As soon as I had heard that some pitchforks and torches were being handed out again, I jumped to the forums to update.

But since hostility is not productive, I ask that you send the email again.

I can't help these things, and I am to the point that I give up.  I am doing now so that I do not have to do again.

Once I am clear of all of this, you guys will probably never see another post from me once the last saber is out the door.

So check this out.

IF anyone wants to call.

I am opening my HOME LINE to the public.

(765) 282-8189

I will say this though.  Because I do not take kindly to threats.  If someone shows up on my doorstep looking to "get a piece"  there will be consequences.

Not that I am threatening anyone, but talk of "Finding my addy" is kind of bordering on insanity.

The funny thing is. If you really wanted results... there ARE people on these forums that already have my phone number.

A simple PM to those people would have sufficed instead of all this smack talk jive crap that seems to happen every time I look at this site.

On that note. 

$475,936 in debt, facing foreclosure EVERY month, and not a job to be found that pays worth a pile of slag... Yeah you get the point.  Not to mention healing from the condition I was faced with actually took MUCH longer than I credited myself for. 

I'm working THREE jobs right now...  One is an "on-call" position, one is stuff that I do locally (Game console repair) and The third is a crappy dishwashing job in a restaurant because it was the ONLY thing that was available.

I work from 05:00 until about 02:30 (Yes that is 24 hour time...)  and still have to make time for kids, family, and everyday life stuff.

So yeah, I'll make sure to keep brushed up on my CON ARTIST skills by not taking a single request for any kind of saber work.

Don't worry, I will be contacting The admins.

Oh and for the record.  Over half of the US 2.1 boards I have here are BUNK.  That's right. DOA.  But It isn't like I can get Ultra to even give me the time of day.  xxx, I wasn't even TOLD about the 2.5 "upgrades" for some customers.

Oh well, I think I have vented enough, and I am pretty sure that there will be some moderation team members swooping in quite soon.  :-\

Sorry for causing more work.  :-[

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 01:30:48 AM by DARTH TYRANUS »

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 02:23:21 AM »
No need for moderators to swoop in,  Derek.  I see nothing wrong with your post,  personally.  You actually beat me to the punch here,  I had a nice post all ready to go up yesterday afternoon,  but had to leave for work before I could get it posted.

And yes,  I am the Moderator that has contacted Derek regarding the situation...I have also offered to take some of the back log of work to help him get out the the hole he finds himself in.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 02:51:28 AM »
And it is highly regarded that you have.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 05:46:43 AM »
Contact forum member MH on your bunk US 2.1's
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=22537.0

He is the official US board repair tech.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Smokiewan

• Master Force User
  • Canadian Jedi do it in the snow
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 09:06:39 AM »
Hey DT.

I'm in a sarlacc pit of debt too. Although it is not nearly what you are facing, I also am now working two jobs just to pay bills. You are not alone brother. Life can really suck sometimes and those who don't understand, one day will. I hope those people learn some patience (which is key to a jedi, right?). And to those people waiting, you probably say "easy for you, you're not waiting". Well, I am. I'm waiting (and have been since Dec 16) for a fellow off of eBay to send me a converted Anakin lightsaber. Now if I can be patient for someone off of eBay, don't you think you can be patient for this man?! He is an artist. Did they rush DaVinci to create Mona Lisa? Do you think it'd be as beautiful if they did? Patience my padawan chums!

DT, I'm on your side 1000% brother. Keep pushing and may the farce be with you!

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 06:56:16 PM »
Derek, I understand your problems. But why not respond to emails, and keep people posted...especially in light of your previous absence? Why do you only log on when people are becoming angry again? Why does a "fire" need to be "lit under you" in order to communicate with people? Why wouldn't you post an update at any point in the past three months? Using the phone should not be necessary to get word from you. You know where we all are. One occasional "Hey guys, here's where I'm at" post here on the forum would be enough. It would take five minutes.

I'll email you again with my info. But frankly, I've about given up any hope that I'll see my saber again. Then again, Ultra hasn't responded to my two emails asking for a refund, so I guess I don't have a choice but to rely on whatever chance there is that one of you will communicate with me some day.

Honestly? After my experiences, I think I'm about done with the sabersmithing community as a whole. The entire affair has been a disappointing string of broken promises. I don't say that to put anyone down. It's just how it is.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 07:14:35 PM by Andy Anonymous »

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 11:34:44 AM »
Just how many times do we have to send you the same information DT? Very well then, I'll send you the info again like a good boy. ::)

And just to clarify. I never meant "find your addy" as in to find your home address. I meant your email address aka "addy" (read my post in context please) that shortly after a mod was kind enough to give me again.  I have no intention of trying to "get a piece" or coming to your home. I also have no intention of calling you at home. Why? Because it would turn into nothing but a shouting match, which may sound like some real big fun to you maybe, but if business can't get done with emails or pms (which no one else seems to have a problem with on this site) what's an insult-fest over the phone going to do? If I wanted to be really spiteful, I'd just waste a bunch MORE of my money and try to sue you.

And if "getting my pitchfork" seems to be the way to get a response then maybe I've been mistaken in limiting my posts here. Even if said post is more of the same old drek. And by the way, having worked in shipping for the last decade, I know how much shipping costs have gone up, but if you don't wait to ship something until a year later you can avoid this kind of inflation. Just some friendly advice.

I'm obviously tired of being nice and understanding. You really want me to shut my mouth? Send the item or a refund. That simple. Do that and I promise I'll never bring this situation up again outside of leaving a big fat 0/5 in the feedback section which should be redundant at this point.

And one last thing. I have no problem with people being supportive. This forum EXCELS at that and it's a GREAT thing. Maybe though, some of our newer members (like say, ones who've only joined around 4 months ago) should do a little research before jumping on the wagon. I am NOT trying to discourage being understanding and sympathetic, but in my opinion this is not a guy (former mod, STILL current saber guild member) who deserves it. You doubt me? You can read all about ORA's fall from grace here in the threads that are still around.

Maybe that's wrong of me to say, but that's how I feel. Sorry.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:41:28 AM by Shadeslinger »

retrousse