fiduciary

Author Topic: Loading fonts  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
Loading fonts
« on: September 18, 2016, 12:14:18 PM »
Hello saber nuts. So, I've just purchased 'Rogue' and 'Unhinged' by Madcow. I fully formatted the sd card before loading but I just get the 'unhappy bleep' no other sound and no ignition. The sound fonts are designed for a CF8 but It was my understanding that the NB will ignore the extra files.
As I could not figure out the error I removed the files and reloaded the original light and dark meat files and now I get the same 'unhappy bleep' and I'm puzzled. I've had no problems loading files previously for other Sabers, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. If any of you kind folk could shed some light I would be most greatful.
Thanks in advance
Greenie.

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
Re: Loading fonts
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 03:16:41 PM »
A few random questions:

Are you using a Mac or a Windows PC?

Can you please list out the file structure as you are putting it onto the card - everything has to be in the right directory (bank1, bank2 etc. containing the sound files and config files, with a prefs.txt file at the top level (for a NB, there are more with other cards))

Have you tried putting the default setup (can be downloaded from Plecter labs if you don't have it anymore)? This has the two default fonts and default config files.

Offline adegon

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 08:05:35 PM »
Sounds like you are missing a config in all your fonts?

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 12:40:02 AM »
Sounds like you are missing a config in all your fonts?

Yes that's one of the possibilities - or the config files have been edited with an editor that mixes up carriage returns and line feeds (hence the Mac/Windows question) as this can also cause the card to not recognise parts or all of the configs.

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 01:19:07 PM »
Many thanks for the assistance guys.   :kiss:  I found the problem, after resetting the 'default allocation' when formatting, it loaded first time.
Me and PCs, user error every time.  :cheesy:

retrousse