fiduciary

Author Topic: SABERFONT IS UPDATED!!!! QUICK GRAB YOUR WALLETS!  (Read 5086 times)

Offline Erik Carson

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: SABERFONT IS UPDATED!!!! QUICK GRAB YOUR WALLETS!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2016, 11:55:51 PM »
Has anyone else been charged for shipping? I purchased 14 fonts Friday evening and got charged an almost $12 shipping fee which doesn't make any sense at all since nothing is being shipped. I've made a few small purchases since then and haven't been charged for shipping so hopefully it was just a one time glitch that they can reimburse me for.

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2016, 03:21:21 PM »
Shameem's Saber Customization Services have quite a few fonts on the new Saberfont site and I'd like to contact them. Does anyone have any way to contact them other than Facebook?

[EDIT] Someone has got me a contact for them - thanks!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 01:11:57 AM by MikeyX »

Offline xl97

• Force User
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2016, 09:33:36 AM »
flush/clear any DNS settings if parsing the new site isnt working.

Offline jamiemp

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 03:46:57 AM »
Whoo hoo finally!

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 12:30:57 AM »
Now that saberfont.com has accounts and keeps a history of your orders there is now the opportunity to offer an 'update' feature for fonts you have previously purchased. When issues with fonts are fixed or updated in a minor way then you could let previous purchasers know, and download the fixed files.

For example I have found some issues with the new batch of fonts, most of which either have already been fixed, or will shortly be fixed - but I'm stuck with the un-fixed versions unless I buy it again, or the files are provided directly by the font maker.

Is this something that has been considered or has it already been implemented on the new site?

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 09:57:25 AM »
If it helps, in regards to my fonts....

If there is a technical issue with one of my fonts, or missing files or whatever, You can always contact me for questions and I will help as best I can! :)

If it is a payment or delivery thing, That will be handled by the Saberfont team

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 01:10:38 PM »
If it helps, in regards to my fonts....

If there is a technical issue with one of my fonts, or missing files or whatever, You can always contact me for questions and I will help as best I can! :)

If it is a payment or delivery thing, That will be handled by the Saberfont team

As always you are very willing to fix and patch your fonts - the issues I've had have not been with any of yours, and I picked up a load of your new ones - Old Master might be my new favourite font that you've put together  :grin:

What I was thinking though is that for those that purchase a font and later there is found to be an issue with it, unless the font author posts a patch here or on another website and you happen to notice, or if they send it to you directly when you spot the issue, there is no way to get the update.

So if you never knew there was an issue you would go on using the un-patched version. For example one of the fonts I found an issue with would be severely hampered if you got the version I did and didn't know there was an issue (which is entirely possible as the font works - just sub-optimally) - in that example you'd literally be missing out on most of the font. The font maker has already sent an update to Saberfont which all the new purchasers will get, but for those who got it originally when I did they may never know - and worse might just think it's a rubbish font when a simple patch would unlock all its awesomeness  :smiley:.

Since Saberfont now have an order history and know who bought what font, and when they did so, they could in theory notify folks of a patch, and even provide the patched files as a subsequent download. This may well get a bit complicated, and it's just a thought, even if it was just a notification to contact the font maker that might help tip people off.

I notice the new site asks for comments and suggestions so I might send as a suggestion directly to them.

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 07:50:58 AM »
I don't know why buying a font only give you an active download link for a few days..

retrousse