fiduciary

Author Topic: Juansith´s GRAFLEX IV V AND MPP HD FOR CFv8 UPDATE!!!  (Read 4570 times)

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
  • The Leeroy Jenkins of the bidding wars
Juansith´s GRAFLEX IV V AND MPP HD FOR CFv8 UPDATE!!!
« on: August 21, 2016, 01:53:06 PM »
Hello saberland,

As all of you know Saberfont.com has been having a major upgrade in the past few months, the site will be ready soon with new fonts i made but right now i want to talk about the new Graflex IV, V and the MPP HD upgrades for the CFv7 and the CFv8.

These fonts were made for the CFv5 a few years ago and since then they have become a favorite for many saber fans and recently i have been asked when will i update these fonts for the new versions of the Crystal Focus. The answer is the updates are finished, and i wont make you who have have already bought them wait for them to be at the Saberfont website.

You don't know this but the font's projects and files were lost because the hard drive is damaged, so remastering these fonts has been the hardest i have ever worked on any font. Also, since i don't own a CFv7 or v8 saber its been even tougher to test the fonts and to deliver the quality all of you deserve. I have worked on these for weeks non stop and now i'm really happy with the results.

Many of these new samples i used for the upgrades are from new sources which gave me access to the cleanest samples i have ever heard from SW lightsabers. On these upgrades you will find new swings,clashes to complete the 16 slots plus color samples, spins and stabs to full fill the CFv7,8 experience. Combos you will not find for now because im not a fan of those im afraid  :angel:

Some have asked me how much will the HD Fonts upgrade cost when they are released, some even have offered money to get the upgrade done. This is my take on the matter:

I want to thank everyone that has supported my work all these years, to all of you who got interested by my fonts, even before The Force Awakens came out and Star Wars got on top of the world again. These past months all us font makers have seen our work remunerated and recognized in an incredible way. Its golden times for Star Wars and it amazes me that both saber builders and font makers are doing so great and selling tons of fonts and selling sabers for thousands. I´m sure that for most of us it has never been about the money, but about sharing our passion and love for Star Wars.

... And since it has never been about the money, and because i believe that being an FX sabers member means something, i will give the upgrades to all members who already bought my Graflex IV, V and MPP fonts for free.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2nkqxzl30rmt3sn/GRAFLEX%20IV%20HD%20CF8%20EXPANSION%20V2.0.zip?dl=0

http://www.dropbox.com/s/f2880avgbcncmgm/GRAFLEX%20V%20HD%20CF8%20EXPANSION%20V2.0.zip?dl=0

http://www.dropbox.com/s/bc3cfrvy2z8ku19/MPP%20V%20CF8%20EXPANSION%20V2.0.zip?dl=0

The complete CFv8 version of these fonts will be available when Saberfont.com gets updated but obviously these upgrade packs are compatible with the Graflex MPP fonts you already have. You just need to add the new samples to the folder.

This is my way of saying THANK YOU. For believing in my work and for all your kind words through the years.

I hope you enjoy them, like i said it was tough to test them so if you have any suggestions or if you find an issue with any of the samples please pm me so we can all make these fonts as awesome as ever.

Have a good Day.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:43:48 PM by Juansith »

Offline Habbena

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • "I See You Have Constructed a New Lightsaber"
    • Illuminated Saber Design and Concepts
Re: Juansith´s GRAFLEX IV V AND MPP HD FOR CFv8 UPDATE!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 02:28:49 PM »
Some of the best fonts in the business.

Thanks. 

Offline Starwinder

• Master Force User
  • I don't like sand...
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 03:39:49 PM »
This is so awesome!  Thank you!

Offline xl97

• Force User
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 04:24:46 PM »
pretty cool!  (thumbsup)

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 12:11:17 PM »
Thanks so much for doing these expansion packs Juansith, it is very much appreciated  :grin:

Just a couple of minor comments:

* In all of them the stab.wav will need to be renamed to stab1.wav, and the spin.wav to spin1.wav - the CF7+ cards use numbers for all of those sounds (spin1-4.wav and stab1-4.wav rather than like the blasters where the first one is unnumbered).
* On the MPP expansion the spins and stabs have the extended hum at the end of them - I'm not sure if this will work for the spins (i.e. if they repeat well if they are extended). The Graflex ones just have the short sharp sounds which I know will work. They could work fine with the hums on there (like the other clashes and swings), but just thought I'd mention it in case anyone has issues.

I haven't had a chance to try these out on a saber yet - but can't wait to do so. Both Graflex HD fonts are two of my favourite fonts ever, so was very happy to see them updated  :grin:

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 01:01:40 PM »
Dear Mikey,
As always top comments from you.
Ok so i will change the stab naming.
As for the stabs and spins having the hum tail, that is intentional and actually i asked someone about it and told me it could be possible to have the hum tail since stabs and spins can be interrupted by other sounds. Hopefully it works.

The reason why MPP has that hum tail is because Vader's lightsaber in ESB has actually two hums instead of one: the one that is triggered when he powers on the saber and a lower one.

So yeah a high agressive hum and the standard low hum.

Graflex sabers have only one main hum, that is why i can do short spins,stabs, forces and blasters.

I would LOVE to have the spins and stabs within the low hum instead of cutting back to the agressive high hum because when testing it i didnt like how it sounded. It felt more organic to stay on the main low hum rather than abruptly cut to the agressive high hum.

As a favor, please check the expansion packs on your sabers and let me know what needs tweaking.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:03:56 PM by Juansith »

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 01:17:20 PM »
Dear Mikey,
As always top comments from you.
Ok so i will change the stab naming.
As for the stabs and spins having the hum tail, that is intentional and actually i asked someone about it and told me it could be possible to have the hum tail since stabs and spins can be interrupted by other sounds. Hopefully it works.

The reason why MPP has that hum tail is because Vader's lightsaber in ESB has actually two hums instead of one: the one that is triggered when he powers on the saber and a lower one.

So yeah a high agressive hum and the standard low hum.

Graflex sabers have only one main hum, that is why i can do short spins,stabs, forces and blasters.

I would LOVE to have the spins and stabs within the low hum instead of cutting back to the agressive high hum because when testing it i didnt like how it sounded. It felt more organic to stay on the main low hum rather than abruptly cut to the agressive high hum.

As a favor, please check the expansion packs on your sabers and let me know what needs tweaking.

Ah - awesome - I remembered about the two hums on the MPP, but hadn't put together that this was the reason you were doing it  :smiley:
It's probably true that they will just get interrupted like the clashes and swings - so hopefully will work fine like they do and keep the twin hum thing going.

It might be a few days before I get a chance to load them onto a saber - but I'll let you know when  I do. Again thanks for posting updates to these awesome fonts.

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 07:45:11 PM »
Fixed the stab and spin naming.

Offline adegon

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 09:36:40 PM »
Jaunsith how can I contact you? I would like to have access to the cf8 upgrades as I am going to buy your original fonts of saberfont.com, since the website is taking longer to update than I thought.
(I have an event coming up) :)

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 02:45:31 PM »
Certainly.
Pm me please.

Offline adegon

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 04:53:45 AM »
pm sent :)

Offline omnicloud7

• No Force
  • Star Wars and Nintendo are my life.
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 04:17:31 PM »
PM sent :)

Offline Darth PJs

• Force User
  • Don't Question R2-D2's street cred!
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 07:26:35 PM »
Greetings,

I clicked on the links and kept getting an error message. Am I perhaps doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Offline surgeonbenz

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 09:06:40 AM »
Do you have any NEC soundfonts? I would like to buy them.

PM sent.

Offline Musiclover221

• No Force
  • May The Force Be With You
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2016, 01:59:42 PM »
PM Sent
[nofollow]
Light Side Points please
"May The Force Be With You"
"I need not a name but to know im a Jedi"
"With the force anything is possible just stick to it and everything with come together"
Saber's I Own:
Darth Vader Force FX Prizm V5*
Dark Sentinel LE V4 Stunt Tri-Artic Blue
Sabers I'm Going To Buying In The Future:
Neopixel GCS Ascend Crystal Focus 10

retrousse