fiduciary

Author Topic: Novastar and Caine's Saber Combat System "NCSCS" (1st COMPLETE System!)  (Read 61890 times)

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
Re: Novastar and Caine's Staged Combat System (1st Complete System!)
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2010, 01:59:41 AM »
Nope, not as long as Duke4ever... hahahah!!  ALTHOOOOUUUUUGGGHHH.... apparently... Duke Nukem Forever... *IS* apparently coming out soon!!!??!?!  Not a joke.  I did some thread about it in my sound studio.

But anyway, back on topic, we recorded a few more things this past Friday and are almost ready now to start editing/building DVD#1.  Shouldn't be long now.

One BAD thing... :(   (Wwwwaaaaaaah!!!!)  My bloody staff broke... at least... the "sound" half of it is not working (no light, no sound)... and I have no idea why.  There actually isn't any GOOD reason it should have failed so completely... unless the battery is now (magically?) totally dead... which is rare for Li-Ion unless you've really pushed it to the absolute limit.

So... I gotta tear it apart and see what's happening.  I don't have any other LED staff and neither does Caine.  It wouldn't be that big of a deal to me except that it PISSES ME OFF because I want to keep filming staff stuff for *YOU* guys!!  So it drives me bonkers that I can't DO anything with it for now.

I haven't had time to repair it and/or assess repairs on it, but... maybe I'll have time soon enough.

It wasn't the best setup ANYHOW, so... chances are, I'll just remake it only better...
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Outside Enemy

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2010, 07:50:36 PM »
Well I completely appreciate it, Novastar.  I'm in the process of constructing my first lightsaber, and it's going to be a a double-bladed saber (because that's how I roll).

It'd be awesome if, once complete, I could actually learn how to use it and look cool doing it.  I eagerly await the release of this DVD awesomeness.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2010, 01:20:35 AM »
* Photo shoot for the DVD this Friday...
* Probably 90% or more of what is slated for DVD1 is already filmed...
* Still lots of material that is planned for DVD2, 3, etc. is also there--we just want to make sure #1 comes out strong...
* Still lots to be decided, it's just a long process since Caine and I are sometimes not even able to meet consistently once a week, due to busy schedules teaching classes...

* I'm almost finished repairing the new staff saber I created in order to film staff stuff for these DVDs... the board just "went dead", and really, there is no other explanation than bad luck (??)... I mean, I've never had a board just "die" for *NO* reason, lol... there are no flaws in the wiring, no shorts, no weird things... and I wasn't even feeding it much voltage (just a single Li-Ion).  So... whatever, I needed some other board vs the SW616 I had, and thanks to someone from the forum, I was able to get a Mace board in my hands!

Well, I can't think of anything else too pertinent right now... just that it's a TON of work, and I'll be honest--I'm ~not~ looking forward to the editing on this one, heheh!!  I've already done so many video projects over the years (and recently)... I'm burnin' out on it, hahaha!!

BUT... it has to be done.  :D
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2010, 02:53:51 AM »
Sounds great...

This is going to be EPIC!!!!! :)

Offline JamoUp

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2010, 07:21:55 AM »
make sure to include a bloopers section.

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2010, 11:20:44 AM »
make sure to include a bloopers section.

true dat, true dat....  ;D

Offline Lucien Kane

• Master Force User
    • youtube channel
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2010, 05:32:32 PM »
Truly awesome stuff... My only wish is that I could have been a part of it... I've been wanting to turn the Seven Forms into practical martial arts systems since high school... If only I hadn't come from such a small town.
\"A lightsaber - any weapon - only achieves worth in how it is wielded - in the effort, the struggle of one who holds it.

Offline DuelistN07

• No Force
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2010, 10:26:10 PM »
Master Novastar and Caine i dont know anything about your program but im very interested in it. i would like to know more, plz help i love my saber and would really like to learn how to use it properly. as i asked for help someone refered me to you guys so here i am thank you and MTFBWY.

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2010, 07:34:34 AM »
I look forward to seeing this released... I have had experience in single sword combat, but no formal training in a double blade (which is how I duel) so I am really looking forward to this!!!

Anybody want to lend NOvastar a Staff so he can finish the filming?!?!

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2010, 09:02:32 AM »
Principal filming is done for CD 1. Editing is next....and we will continue to keep you all updated  :)

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2010, 03:03:13 PM »
...Anybody want to lend NOvastar a Staff so he can finish the filming?!?!
I've actually already repaired the staff I built, heheh... but thanks.  Yeah... it was weird.  The little 616 board just sort of "croaked" I guess, I really have no idea--there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, no burns, no possibility for overheating, nothing fancy.  I was even running it at the default 350mA with the LED and just "living with it", heheh.

Oh well, it doesn't matter, I replaced it with a board that will allow a lot more current to flow, so the staff will now look a lot more EVEN anyhow, hahahah.  Before, the other side was direct drive at around 1500mA and waaaaaay brighter than the '616 sound' side @350mA (duh).  :)

Anyway, let's hope December brings me some time to edit video.  Caine and I may still have to film a few follow-up/addendum things for DVD1, but... yeah... it's mostly all filmed up.   ;D

Click here.

Offline Koza

• Shoop Da Woop!
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2010, 05:37:54 PM »
YAHOO!

Offline Darth Midian

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2010, 09:47:18 AM »
I'm really looking forward to the release.  This is going to be awesome.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2010, 01:01:11 AM »
Only update I can make is that Caine and I are getting together this Friday to basically do the following:

* Review all of the footage we've compiled/shot
* Not all of that footage is going on DVD1... the point was--we shot as much as we could to be certain "it was right" for DVD1 to be able to be made, and other stuff is there for the next DVD + we'll (obviously) film more and more as the months progress
* Take note of anything extra/missing(?) we'd like to film for DVD1
* Get an idea of how we want to edit it... as... before, we'd only done "our own things"... now it's a "WE" thing, and so we'll want to split the editing workload and all that jazz, yet stay consistent on the overall presentation so you guys don't feel it's as if we were editing on different planets!!
* In general, the editing will be a "simplistic" presentation, and not attempt to go all Ridley Scott nor James Cameron... :)
* Possibly (keyword: POSSIBLY) find a way to meet much more consistently... as we have RARELY been able to film even once a week consistently due to logistics, scheduling, events + DRL... :)

Now... in case I/we hadn't mentioned it before, the GENERAL categories of videos you'll see on each DVD will be as below.  Each category will have 1 or more videos per DVD:

* BASICS SECTION (there will probably be many of these on DVD1, obviously)
* ADVANCED SECTION (there will probably be many of these on DVD2, 3 etc., obviously)
* SPARRING / COMBAT DRILLS (these are related to "non-choreography", and more "fight" moves/drills)
* STAGED COMBAT EXTRAS (these are related to staged combat, and highlight techniques to entertain an audience or give variety to your choreo)
* MARTIAL ARTS & TRICKING (Tutorials.  Depending on the DVD, these could be basic or advanced tutorials)
* MYTHBUSTING (Oh yes, that's right... we'll be covering some of these.  :)  You'll see what I mean later on)
* SPECIAL BONUSES and/or Bloopers...

This does not mean we'll lay it out ~exactly~ as such, but you get the idea.

The overall goal is exactly as we stated from the beginning--to try to make some sort of COMPLETE system.  Not to say that it will magically cover every single possible action/spin/whatever you could ever do... nor even that we won't be purposely "leaving out" certain things.  But the project is relatively massive when you consider we're trying to allow for as much variety as possible...

You'll see "practical" drills... which are (from a martial arts perspective) foundational and applicable to many and/or ALL martial arts...
You'll see "saber spinning"... of course we'll merely identify many spins, and leave the great tutorials for singular spins to Anakin (aka Paul / Banditcar!!!)
You'll see "combat actions"... naturally stemming from the 1-10 foundational system I've worked hard on building over the years.
You'll see "mythbusting"... where we'll be either de-bunking some stupid & useless technique... or just experimenting to see what happens when you have X & Y and do Z (such as Lightwhip vs. Saber!!)
etc.

So... lots of stuff, probably something for everyone, that's sure.

Oh and don't forget that Saber Staff actions will also be present pretty much all throughout all of the DVDs as well.  :)

Cheers!

Click here.

Offline Darth Midian

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2010, 05:48:38 PM »
This is really exciting, it seems like you guys are getting close to completing the first DVD.  I'm really stoked.  I can't wait.  I'm biting my nails with anticipation. ;D  I would like to thank you guys in advance for taking the time to put this together for everyone.  Thank you.

retrousse