fiduciary

Author Topic: Hi to all! Looking for a Sabre.  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Skywalker777

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Hi to all! Looking for a Sabre.
« on: May 02, 2018, 10:10:30 AM »
Just wanted to say hi. I am new to the forum and am impressed at the work many do here to build custom sabers!

I have been a life long SW fan through and through and own alot of props and other SW stuff.

I have always wanted a Luke NH or Empire Lightsaber. I have several old early 2000s Master Replicas Force FX which are ok. I couldn't afford the prop series as I was still in high school. To be frank the MRs I have are no where close the colors are wrong the ears are straight the button is wrong color etc.

Is there a company or somewhere I can look to get a good replica of Lukes ANH or Empire saber I know they are slightly different. I almost got one from Prop Shop but then they closed!

Thanks for any tips!

Offline Darth Chasm

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
Re: Hi to all! Looking for a Sabre.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 02:07:00 PM »
Welcome.

Are you looking to make one yourself or have one made for you?

Offline Jediseth

• Force User
  • Jediseth sound fonts available at saberfont.com
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 07:57:32 PM »
I’d take a look at Romans Props, but then your either going to have to do the install yourself or hire someone. We have several who can do that for you. You can find good sabers like that from time to time posted for sale here on the forums all ready to go.

Welcome!!! MTFBWY

Offline bruno1067

• Padawan Learner
  • Size matters not
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 03:36:47 AM »
Is there a company or somewhere I can look to get a good replica of Lukes ANH or Empire saber I know they are slightly different.

Vader's Vault will be doing a Graflex run today if you are interested

Offline Skywalker777

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 08:51:13 PM »
Ya looks like I am to late on the Flex from them says configuration not avail.

Offline Morannon

• Force User
  • “Luminous beings are we…not this crude matter.”
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 09:05:13 AM »
Ya looks like I am to late on the Flex from them says configuration not avail.

All sold out until the next run. They tend to sell out in a few minutes.

Rebellion Run Jacen Solo
GCS Ascend

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 03:34:02 PM »
89 Sabers and The Graflex Shop offer very screen accurate graflex replica kits.

Offline Doaln

• No Force
  • Impressive. Most impressive.
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 10:37:45 PM »
By your description, you have a Master Replica Anakin lightsaber from Revenge of the Sith. While it's canonically the same lightsaber that Obi-Wan gives to Luke, in the movie it was a very different looking lightsaber. As you said, it has straight bunny ears, the thumb button is gold, instead of a glass eye it has gold eye, instead of a clamp lever it has a gold switch, instead of a bubble card it has a gold electronics-looking card.

This is good for you because it's rarer and usually more expensive secondhand than any of the actual Luke ANH Force FX lightsabers. (Hasbro or Master Replica).

Pictures and a link for the Anakin lightsaber.

Anakin Skywalker ROTS FX-Lightsaber (2005) - Saberproject - Everything about

What's your budget for a Luke ANH/ESB lightsaber? Are you looking for a static prop or one with light & sound too? Honestly, the actual Luke ANH Force FX is accurate enough for 99% of people out there. If you want the blade removable, there is a conversion available for that (which I've done a couple times and am about to sell one). You can pickup Luke ANH Force FX lightsabers NEW for $130 in stores.

If you're looking to spend $200+ on a static prop, the hilts already mentioned by others are excellent. Electronics will run you another 200-300, so you'd be looking at $400-600+ for the whole thing.

retrousse