fiduciary

Author Topic: Wooden Nickle a FrankenK3GR1 WIP  (Read 3059 times)

Offline Ari-Jaq Xulden

• Experienced Force User
Wooden Nickle a FrankenK3GR1 WIP
« on: June 21, 2012, 09:37:19 AM »
I thought I'd take you guys on a ride. Things have started to settle down for me finally, I am getting back in the swing of things, saber-wise.

Last year I happen to acquire one of the last red hot K3GR1's, including one of Arkai Halon's LE stands. Unfortunately it was incomplete. It was missing the activation box and plate, but otherwise pristine condition.I had the Anodizing removed from the grips and am starting with what you see here:

As I intend from the start, given the name, to be a tribute to the Killer Penny one of the first things I decided to start with was a tri-rebel. So I bored out the BH to accommodate the tri-rebel lens. and test fit

Next I had to tackle the issue of the plate and box. Try though I might I was unable to run one down, that was available. Nor was I able to have one redone. It was time to get creative. I opted for the box 17 from TCSS. Now as some of you know there isn't a lot room here, so I had to be real creative.I decided I would re-cut the shroud out of thicker material. Wouldn't you know it, the sleeve material from TCSS fits perfectly.

Now this coupled with the box this would probably had been enough for an AV switch had I not already enlarged the bore for the tri-rebel. I had to make a washer/bezel for the top of the box, but I am very pleased with the look.

As stated before I really want this to be a tribute to the Killer Penny. So I asked another FX memeber to do some milling for me. specifically, something that was left out on the build. These little grooves on the BH. He did a fantastic job, I can never thank him enough.

That's all I have for now. Stay tuned though.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
Re: Wooden Nickle a FrankenK3GR1 WIP
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 11:16:30 AM »
Whoa! I dig this!

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

Offline LordBlako

• Master Force User
  • I'm just the Font Maker!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 11:28:06 AM »
dude, this looks really great so far...  :o i'm really digging this design... keep it up, i'll definately follow this build!  :)

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 05:13:59 PM »
Very nice, I'll be following this one too :)

Offline RoHan Solo

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 05:50:09 PM »
Uh... ditto.  :D I love the look of the K#GR1s.

retrousse