fiduciary

Author Topic: LEGACY – The Killer Penny tribute run  (Read 44601 times)

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
Re: LEGACY – The Killer Penny tribute run
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2014, 01:51:18 PM »
Get even more excited by visiting Wats Facebook page! (Hope this is not taking liberties Erik.) It is under Orbital Machining, and I recommend it purely as an exercise in witnessing an artist producing beautiful work, let alone the fact they are light sabers!

Nope, no problems if you want to mention the FB page.  Sometimes I post there and other times here.  I usually forget to post both places though.  I can post pictures directly to FB from the computer, but need to host them at Photobucket to post them here.  Just depends on how much time I have any given day.

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2014, 02:21:15 PM »
I also found Wats Facebook page a month or two ago.  I have been checking that more often because it seems to get updated more frequently.  I am so excited to see the progress pics almost weekly.  A little bit closer every day.

Offline GusManB

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2014, 03:17:38 PM »
Hmm thats good to know :) I will check his FB as I am on his other run.

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
Re: LEGACY – The Killer Penny tribute run - two final spots open for sale
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2014, 02:59:49 PM »
Well, I think I am at a safe spot to say that for this run, I expect to have two extra sabers for sale.  I have been extremely careful to maximize material and not make any mistakes and have been lucky to have enough parts so far to make two extra sabers.  So, I am offering those last two spots up for sale now.

These are in progress and not ready to ship just yet (about another month or so and they will be finished). 

Unfortunately, you will not get to pick the options on these sabers.  As they have already been machined past the point of the options, I chose how to best option each of these two remaining sabers.

The first saber has the following options:
Sound holes - yes
PLI switch - yes
PLI slot - yes
RICE port - this is no longer an option, the sabers come with parts for the brass button detail or a RICE port addition - you may choose when you install your saber.
Two switches - also no longer an option.  You will get both the single and double switch setup and you can decide when you install.
Covertech location - 6 o'clock (when saber is viewed from rear with thumbscrew at 12 o'clock)
PLI box (rear grip box) location - 9 o'clock (when saber is viewed from rear with thumbscrew at 12 o'clock)

This setup is identical to the original Killer Penny with the exception of having sound holes.

The second saber has the following options:
Sound holes - yes
PLI switch - yes
PLI slot - yes
RICE port - this is no longer an option, the sabers come with parts for the brass button detail or a RICE port addition - you may choose when you install your saber.
Two switches - also no longer an option.  You will get both the single and double switch setup and you can decide when you install.
Covertech location - 9 o'clock (when saber is viewed from rear with thumbscrew at 12 o'clock)
PLI box (rear grip box) location - 12 o'clock (when saber is viewed from rear with thumbscrew at 12 o'clock)

This is the option package most people chose (6 sabers in this option package and 3 at the original configuration)

Price wise, these two will be sold at $1500.00 each plus Paypal fees plus shipping to you (or your installer).  As I have already given the other run participants a final '30 day' payment notice, to secure yourself one of the spots, there will be no down payment taken - you will need to pay the full saber price less shipping to lock yourself into the run.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

I can tell you, I am personally excited to be able to offer this run.  Of all the sabers I have done over the past 10 years, this is the one I most wished I had a copy of for my personal collection. 

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
Re: LEGACY – The Killer Penny tribute run - two final spots open for sale
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2014, 07:41:55 PM »
Of all the sabers I have done over the past 10 years, this is the one I most wished I had a copy of for my personal collection.
That says an awful lot, in my opinion, about how incredible this particular saber is. From a biased position of course, I have to call myself, in the case of the Killer Penny and Legacy, a dyed in the wool, weak at the knees, gushing fan! I really think this saber is THE most wonderful of all I have seen. And to place something as number one, either in film, book, art or music has never been possible for me. Shouldn't be possible! But this saber, with respect to other incredible works out there, I am happy to lay on that mantle. I do not even know really why. So to hear there are two more going, it is very difficult to not press BUY for one on that Pay Pal button. I hope two others who really wanted in on this run get to experience this piece now. The work so far looks..well, I have to put the primal sounds of amazement that want to come out of my body into a word, so, 'Incredible' will have to do. Still does not do the workmanship justice.

Offline Sith Emperor

• Padawan Learner
  • Let the hate flow through you!
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2014, 10:04:21 AM »
Agree 1000% with you Basalter. These do look incredible and if bills and kids were not financially draining me...this saber would absolutely be #1 on my list. When this run is finished there are gonna be some happy paople on this forum. This saber is the definition of art on a whole nother level. Just simply fantastic.

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
These are in progress and not ready to ship just yet (about another month or so and they will be finished). 

Been a month since the above quote.  We must be getting close  :D

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »
Yes, they are getting close...

I am now complete with all the lathe turning work.  I am also finished with all the copper parts.  I will finish up the brass plates this weekend and that leaves just the shroud bars.  I still have to clean (tumble in a special brass polishing media) a lot of the small brass and copper parts and those will get done when the shroud bars are finished.

OK, now to change gears a little.  I do apologize that all my projects have been slow this year.  The past year has been extremely tough on me.  Some of you may remember that at about this point last year, I had two operations in the span of two weeks.  The first to break up a 2cm kidney stone (and for my American friends, 1"=2.54 cm) and the second to remove portions of two spinal discs (double spinal disc extrusion).  The recovery from both of those slowed me down considerably for most of the past year.  As a side effect of the disc injuries, I am the proud owner of some moderate spinal nerve damage.  I have tried taking medications for the issue, but as luck would have it, I seem to have a penchant for exhibiting all the nasty side effects that come with the meds - so I have had to be extremely limited in taking them.  Most of the time, I do not notice the discomfort (my foot is pretty much numb and I am more prone to cramping in the lower leg and foot now).  At night however, the discomfort tends to make for erratic sleep patterns and I find that I am lacking sleep.  I am still investigating my treatment options and will hopefully will find something that will work for me.  Oh, and some place along the line, I picked up a nasty sinus infection that I have yet to kick.  It comes and goes every month.  I am allergic to Penicillin and a lot of non-Penicillin based antibiotic, so fighting colds is always a chore.  This one however, just won't leave.

But this past year has not been all bad news.  We found out in April that would be able to adopt our foster son.  He came to us two years ago (two years ago tomorrow as a matter of fact) when he was 8 months old.  In July, we finalized the adoption and made Edward part of our family.  So, since July isn't busy enough (two birthdays and a wedding anniversary in less than two weeks), let's toss in an adoption and party with most of the family coming to visit and celebrate.  This summer was definitely more busy and chaotic - but it was a good chaos.  Recently (three weeks ago) we were graced with another foster care placement.  This time, it was a set of three sibling sisters.  So, as you can imagine, the roller coaster ride has begun again.

I do really appreciate the kind words I have received from my fellow saber enthusiasts - be it for my work on my various project here, well wishes on my health recoveries, or for the additions to our family.  This is a great community to be a member of and I am happy that I can do my part to make others happy as well.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 08:54:03 AM by WAT TAMBOR »

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2014, 05:43:48 AM »
Thank you for sharing that Wat, I was aware of some of the exciting things happening in your world, and unaware of some of the less pleasant. My sincere thoughts are with you on the medical front, as is my joy for your growing family.
I had been visiting out of town for three days, and on my return (today) I found a plain box containing an anything but plain saber, in the form of your K3GR2, at the post office, and fired up the computer tonight to discover the almost completed Legacy! What a day!! I was only thinking the other night 'I wonder if it (the Legacy) might be finished before Christmas' and from the looks of it, Santa might come early! 'All in good time' comes my calmer thoughts, and certainly I now appreciate how hectic things are for you. So again, thank you for your package and the Legacy update.   

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2014, 09:17:43 AM »

Legacy #1 is finished.  I still need to wrap up the last of the machining on the bridge bar base and then get the bridge parts in the tumbler for a cleaning.  I need to do some assembly and correct some timing (alignment of parts) on the sabers than they will be ready to go.  Run participants will be getting PMs this weekend or next week regarding shipping and other matters.

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2014, 09:27:39 AM »
Wow!  It's so beautiful!  I cannot wait to get it! 

Thanks for all of your hard work on this Wat.  You have delivered yet another masterpiece. 

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2014, 09:41:12 AM »
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This brought tears to my eyes.  That is just spectacular :))!

Facebook: VVFB

Offline JediWizard

• Master Force User
  • You cant have a droid Phil
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2014, 10:02:05 AM »
wow that really is pretty, how long will that shine last tho :(

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2014, 10:21:45 AM »
As long as you keep it polished ;D.  Any metal requires maintenance to maintain it's shine.  Some may choose to allow the brass to tarnish and the copper to patina as well.  It depends on what look you want.  For me, "ooooooooooooooo shiny" :)).

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2014, 10:23:22 AM »
Untouchable.  Simply can't wait to hold this beauty in my hands.  Congratulations Wat and thanks for making this a reality!
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

retrousse