fiduciary

Author Topic: LEGACY – The Killer Penny tribute run  (Read 44611 times)

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
Re: LEGACY – The Killer Penny tribute run
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2014, 06:44:22 AM »
Deposit sent  :D
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2014, 08:43:41 AM »
OK, sorry I haven't kept up with thread the past week - I have been sick the past few days and just trying to get through the work day.

I will read throught hte thread later today or over the weekend and address the questions I have been asked.

Also, the 13th spot is open again.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2014, 08:57:31 AM »
deposit sent

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Corbin_Das

• Force User
  • Keeper of the Killer Penny
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2014, 04:43:15 PM »

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2014, 05:36:43 PM »
Tell me that's what I think it is. 

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2014, 07:54:39 PM »
Here I am, trying to use all my willpower to not think about the Legacy, must not think about it whilst driving, must not think about it whilst eating..sleeping, walking, drinking....then THIS is put before me, like a beacon..beckoning... Think about the Legacy..THINK about the LEGACY... ha ha, Corbins graphics and schematics of his reborn Killer Penny are amazing, if you have not seen them yet..

Offline Corbin_Das

• Force User
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2014, 09:38:20 PM »
 I didn't mean to cause blood pressures to rise. I just saw this (with a Vader saber drawing) and thought I'd add the Penny instead. Took me a bit of searching to find an original drawing of the Penny rather than the current one with added greeblies and such, but I did. I had posted the newer Penny version on Facebook and decided to make a similar one for the original Legacy run.

Not many folks know it, but my original intention was to call the Killer Penny by the name "Legacy". One day when Wat and I were discussing the design, and the fact that it had 3 pounds of copper on it, one of us commented "That's one KILLER PENNY!". The name sorta stuck.

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2014, 06:39:53 AM »
Looks like a great t shirt design.  *jedi mind trick*

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2014, 10:31:09 AM »
Been 3 months since the announcement already.
Still dreaming about this saber every day.

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2014, 06:44:40 PM »
I know exactly how you feel my friend, ha ha, my heart pounded when my e mail notified me there was a post on this thread (sorry to anyone else who may have the same experience via me), I think Wat still has the Skinnyflex run going, a pretty awesome creation in its own right, and over SIXTY of them being made. So there might be a little wait yet, have strength!! ha ha. If you want some inspiration/ entertainment, have a look at Corbins work upgrading his original Penny somewhere on this forum, as well as a more detailed (and truly amazing) look over at Imperial Royal Arms.
I still cannot believe he gave permission for a run of these, but so grateful he did!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:46:30 PM by basalter »

Offline Corbin_Das

• Force User
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2014, 01:29:41 AM »
 I look forward to seeing these in people's hands. They're going to be quite impressive, like all of Wat's work.

It took me quite a while to get to a point where I was willing to have copies of the Penny done. But I'm truly touched that so many folks seem to enjoy the design so much, even after all this time. While I can't convey the countless hours I had in trying to narrow down the original design, a very large portion of my decisions were based on feedback I got from Wat. I have no doubt that there were several times where he wanted to strangle me. LOL. But he was always the professional.

I hope to have the original KP finished shortly. I'll take some pics of the two, side by side, if people want. Granted, the original will look a tad different now. Perhaps a side by side picture comparison of the Penny in its original form would be more appropriate. Whatever folks want.

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2014, 03:01:15 AM »
I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the original Killer Penny metamorphosize into its new guise, through, what seems like, Corbins wishes that the saber could have been, but technology was not yet there, and new ideas formed both over the years, and as the build currently continued. Personally I would love to see comparisons to the new Legacy, the original Penny AND the new Penny. For me there can not be enough information on all aspects of this saber. From concept, build, modifications, alternate attempts, improvements and even future ideas. It is my Millennium Falcon of sabers, ever since I first saw it. And as far as the throat throttling Wat may have felt toward Corbin, (real or imagined, ha ha) I see it all as an indication to the amount of energy that was being invested in this piece of art. Energy we now get to enjoy ourselves in the Legacy. And I will say it again..Thank you both SO much Wat and Corbin! for offering the Legacy to this community!

Offline Corbin_Das

• Force User
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2014, 06:42:11 PM »
Thanks Basalter

I'll probably take pics with them side by side. Unfortunately, I gotta find a new machinist to help me finish the Penny. Mostly just a few tweeks here and there, but tweeks I need done.

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2014, 06:57:24 PM »
...I gotta find a new machinist to help me finish the Penny...

:(

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2014, 08:05:06 PM »
Thanks Basalter

I'll probably take pics with them side by side. Unfortunately, I gotta find a new machinist to help me finish the Penny. Mostly just a few tweeks here and there, but tweeks I need done.
That is slightly sad news mate, I know how long you have been working on the upgrades, to be so near...I keep an eye out every day on IRA hoping your updates will go from page 5 to page 6-7...
I realize all good things take time but, even the pyramids did eventually get finished! Hope a good machinist turns up near to you.

retrousse