fiduciary

Author Topic: LEGO saber deposit thread  (Read 21662 times)

Offline PitDroid

• Padawan Learner
Re: LEGO saber deposit thread
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2013, 02:15:35 PM »
Thanks for the information Wat! Can you please tell me when you will need our final choices, and how you would like to receive them... PM, Email, etc.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 02:48:17 PM »
I have modified my original post with my blade choice options.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 03:59:47 PM »
Thanks for the information Wat! Can you please tell me when you will need our final choices, and how you would like to receive them... PM, Email, etc.

When I close the list, I will PM everyone on the list to get their blade choices sorted out.  You have a couple weeks to think about what type of blade you want, if you want to purchase an extra blade(s) and what color LED you want for the saber.

Offline Solan Starr

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 01:54:47 PM »
Gonna give this thread a bump.

I plan to have my deposit in by the 28th!  Wat, I plan on going with the clear blade for showing off, but plan on displaying it with 2 colored blades as a saber staff.  Will you be boring out both ends to accommodate the clear blade, thus needing to tell you I need 2 shims, or just one?

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 09:50:57 AM »
Just a reminder, the list for this run is scheduled to close this coming Sunday.

Offline Solan Starr

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 06:06:52 PM »
Deposit sent for CSV1 with FOC

Thanks Wat!

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2013, 07:21:54 PM »
Thanks for catching that - too many members with similar names and I was trying to add you to the list before breakfast so I was a little rushed.  Fixed now.
Thanks

Offline Solan Starr

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 08:04:14 PM »
Thanks Wat.  I just wanted to make sure I got in on this run as I own several of your sabers and am looking forward to this one and a couple of the upcoming Rebellion runs.  You make fantastic stuff sir!

Oh! And I'm really looking forward to the LEGO soundfont too!  This run is FoW

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2013, 02:15:54 PM »
Update time:

As some may have noticed, I have not 'officially' closed this deposit thread.  I was hoping the number of commits would have been a bit higher, and I decided to leave this thread open a bit longer while I look at another venue to try and sell a few more spots on the list.  If anyone else wants in on this run, there is still some time.  I do not have an exact closing date yet, but will post it when I know for sure.  It will probably be some time in May, and then I will start the run with what orders I do have.

This run is not closed, nor will it be cancelled.  If the run size stays at 15, then I will make 15 sabers and those who got in can be even more excited about the limited nature of the run. 

Offline Darth Monkey

• Force User
  • Smell my finger?
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2013, 02:22:12 PM »
Wat I'm always excited about your runs!  ;D
FX-Sabers Vintage Graflex ESB CFv4
FX-Sabers Negotiator TPM CFv6
OM/MH Obi-Wan TPM #18 CFv5
SC/VV Qui-Gon TPM #16 CFv5
OM/LDM Double Awesomesauce Maul TPM CFv6
GCS Darth Bane #15 CFv6
LDM Obi-Wan MKIII AFBB/ANH Hybrid PCv2
LDM Lego Saber CSv1
KR/JQ Mace Windu ROTS CSv5 Neopixel
Tri-Cloud/KR Anakin AOTC NBv2
UltimateWorks/SpaceW Dooku AOTC PRIZMv5 Neopixel
VV Luke ROTJ Gen 1 CS4.5 Neopixel
MR/JQ Yoda ROTS CSv3
MR/JQ Vader ESB CSv5
Korbanth Emperor DS3 Proffie Neopixel

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2013, 09:40:02 AM »
Looks like there is finally something to update here.  I am sure Clark Kent will be most happy.  :)

This is why I hate doing sabers with big part:

Emitter first half.  Because I can only push 2" od bar through the machine, I have to cut all the 3" bars into chunks and just place in chuck.

Then you are left with 35.5 pounds of material that you can't use.  The only reason you have it is to mount in the chuck and provide tool clearance with the chuck as it spins.  Anyone want a 1 and a half pound papaer weight - I have lots.

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2013, 09:43:29 AM »
woo hooooo, its coming soon, woo hoooo

Wat, you were going to test some blade colors for me, remember i had that question about having the LED white, white, white, and having the blade a cyan color vs. or just doing a cyan blade with cyan LED with red FoC.

you were going to see what was the best option for the LED as far as brightness goes.

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2013, 09:59:08 AM »
woo hooooo, its coming soon, woo hoooo

Wat, you were going to test some blade colors for me, remember i had that question about having the LED white, white, white, and having the blade a cyan color vs. or just doing a cyan blade with cyan LED with red FoC.

you were going to see what was the best option for the LED as far as brightness goes.

I haven't had the heart to gut the original LEGO saber I have for testing purposes - it is actually my son's saber so I prefer it stay the way it is.  I need to make the LED/optic module holder and heatsink portions for this run, then I will have a way to do some tests.  I don't want to order a bunch of blade materials until I know what peopel will be wanting, so that leaves me the original blue acrylic blade I have and the new clear blade sample.  I am not going to run a bunch of different test, most likely just a few to compare the colored acrylic blade with the corresponding colored LED with clear blade.  I might do a couple colors with the clear blade if I have time.  The purpose will be to give some idea of the difference between using the white LED with a colored blade and a colored LED with the clear blade.  I can't really run every possible combination (It's like 28 dollars per colored blade with a minimum order of three blades of each color - with 6 different colors, I can't really afford 500+ dollars just to test the different combinations).  If all goes well this weekend, I may have some comparisons to post next week.  Then I will start asking people to make their final blade color choices.

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2013, 10:07:06 AM »
not a problem Wat. ill stick to my original plan. if its a tri-rebel, ill do WWW with a Cyan blade.
also would like 2 additional white blade and a yellow blade.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:02:17 AM by Clark Kent »

Offline LordBlako

• Master Force User
  • I'm just the Font Maker!
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2013, 03:10:16 AM »
The Lego fonts are done and can be found here: The LEGO Saber Fonts PT & OT

if Wat wants to incorporate the fonts, i think the best solution would be to tell him your choice (OT or PT), so he can install the font on your saber...

retrousse