fiduciary

Author Topic: AwesomeSauce X11000 'official' run thread - list closed  (Read 52033 times)

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
AwesomeSauce X11000 'official' run thread - list closed
« on: February 10, 2013, 05:10:46 PM »
This is the 'official' run thread for the AwesomeSauce X11000 run. 

Now is your chance to own a limited run, screen accurate double bladed saber that you can finish any way you wish.  You can weather your saber however you like - be it pristine to heavily weathered.   Your will have complete control over who does the install on your saber, whether you choose to do it yourself, work with a recommended installer, or choose another installer, it is totally up to you.  The AwesomeSauce's awesome parts kit will let you choose the budget for your saber by choosing to have an install appropriate for your needs.  You can do anything from a dual CF install to a buckbuck powered, no frills trooping monster (how many batteries can you fit inside?), or even leave it as a static hero display piece. 

Before I get too far into the details of this run, a few points of interest need to be made:
1.  You will have the option of buying 1/2 of the full double saber (single blade) or buying the full (double blade) saber.
2.  I am not offering installs - you may self-install or contact a smith of your choice.  Several quality smiths are recommended below.
3.  ALL sabers will ship unfinished and unassembled.  This run is for full or half parts kit ONLY!

Some pictures of the Phase 2 Proof of Concept saber - painted and fully assembled full parts kit:

General Greivous dual CFV5 install on Phase 2 (painted and assembled parts full parts kit):

video:  http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll317/drdicarlo/Darth%20Maul/Awesomesauce%20x11000/Video/?action=view&current=00001.mp4

Jango Fett single CFV6 install on full parts kit:

video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XspXULZqWo&feature=youtu.be

---------------------

The above picture shows all the parts that will be inculded in the full saber parts kit.  There are 60 seperate machined parts and 16 bought out parts in the full saber kit.

The above picture shows all the parts that will be included in the half saber parts kit.  There are 30 seperate machined parts and 9 bought out parts in the half saber kit.

A full kit will include all the parts needed to make the full double bladed saber which includes the center coupler and o-ring as well as two pommel blanks that you may finish any way you wish.  A half kit will include all the parts needed to make a single bladed saber which will include the blank pommel that you will need to finish.  A half kit will not include the center coupler or o-ring.

As this run is for parts kits only, there will be no finishing offered.  The only exception to this - the red buttons will come red anodized.  It will be up to you to paint the saber as you see fit.  This way, you may make your saber prisitne AFB, or weathered to the degree you wish.  Also, I am not including sound boards, batteries, LEDs, optics, chargers, blades, stands, cases, fonts, boots or anything else - only what you see in those full and half parts kits photos above will be supplied. 

PRICING:

The half saber kit will be $600.00 plus shipping plus 3.5% for Paypal.
The full saber kit will be $1200.00 plus shipping plus 3.5% for Paypal.

I have spoken to General Grievous, who did the double CFV5 install on the first POC saber, and with Jango Fett, who did a single CFV6 install on the second prototype saber, and they have given me some rough estimates on install and finishing costs.

A typical double CF install (no CF, no CEx, no batteries and no LED provided by customer) $540 + CF and elecrtonics cost.  So  ~$890-990 (depends on LED choice, etc.)
A typical single CF install (as above) $270 + CF and electronics cost.  So ~$450+

A typical double PC install (no PC, no batteries and no LED provided by customer) $450 + PC and electronics cost.  So ~$720+
A typical single PC install (as above) $225 + PC and electronics costs.  So ~$360+

Add in $100+ to paint.  If you want powder coating , ~$200+  (finishing is labor intensive)

...So, a double saber with dual CF install and finishing would be in the $2300-2400 range.  And that would be for the equivilant of two fully installed, CF powered. movie accurate sabers...

These are 'estimated' install costs.  Installers are under no obligation to honor these costs.  It will up to you and your installer to work out final pricing.

I have spoken to General Greivous, Jango Fett, MH and Madcow and they have all agreed to take some install commissions on these parts kits.  How many and who they accept will be entirely up to them.  I trust and recommend these four installers and they have confirmed that they expect to have some open spaces for commission.   As a customer, you are not bound by me or anyone else to pick one of these four installers.  You may do your own install or choose anyone whom you like to ask if they will take on your install.  Please remember, install costs are NOT included in the cost of the saber parts kits.

With only buying a parts kit, the purchaser has the ultimate in flexibility to decide on finishing level, install level and ultimate cost of the saber (If you do the painting and install yourself, you can save quite a bit).

This run will be limited to 40 half sabers.  If you want a full saber, I would suggest buying the full parts kit (which would take two half saber slots).  You may purchase a half saber but I do not have plans to do a second run anytime in the near future.

Downpayments and final payments:
To guarantee your spot on this run, you will need to make a non-refundable $200.00 per half saber parts kit ($400.00 for a full saber parts kit) deposit.  Deposit will need to be sent, via Paypal, to sales@orbitalmachining.com as a payment for goods (I do not accept personal payments and if you send a personal payment, I will refund it and ask you to remake the payment as a payment for goods).  Please post in this thread when you make your payment and once I have received it, your name will be added to the list.  As these sabers are extremely time consuming, this run will take quite a while to complete.  It will be your responsibility to have final payment ready when the sabers are completed and ready for shipping.  I will make sure I keep everyone updated as to progress as the work moves on.  And I will make sure all on the list are notified about 30 days from when I think the project will wrap up.  Right now, my best guess is a late year completion in November or December.   I will accept progress payments if you wish to 'pay as you go' while the work progresses.  Once the sabers are ready to ship, I will send everyone a final statement and you will have 30 days to make final payment or risk losing your parts kit.  Please note that the estimated completion time will be pushing up close to the Christmas holidays.  It has been my experience that people often do not take this into consideration when making a purchase.  For this reason I highly recommend that you budget and/or make payments throughout the year. 

I cannot give shipping estimates at the present time.  With the volatility of the US Postal Service, I am not going to quote shipping until the sabers near completion.  If you are having a smith do your install, I will be more than willing to ship directly to them for you.  I will ship USPS Priority in the US and give options for international customers.

I will keep this run thread open for 30 days.  After that I will close the list and order material to get started on this run.  All deposits are due by March 12, 2013.

I think that covers just about everything.  If I missed something, you need clarification on something, or just have a question, please feel free to post in this thread or PM me and I will answer your question.

Full parts kit (double bladed saber) = $1200.00.
Half parts kit (single bladed saber) = $600.00.
Deposit due by March 12, 2013 = $400 for full kit and $200 for half kit.

---------------------------------
1.  scottjua
2.  scottjua
3.  Ladyhawke
4.  Ladyhawke
5.  pick_a_cabin
6.  pick_a_cabin
7.  DARTH MAUL
8.  DARTH MAUL
9.  Jedi Shin
10.  Jedi Shin
11.  Scorpion
12.  Scorpion
13.  Scruffy Nerf Herder
14.  Scruffy Nerf Herder
15.  MACE WINDU
16.  MACE WINDU
17.  Darth Monkey
18.  Darth Monkey
19.  StrengthofRage
20.  StrengthofRage
21.  boshwan527
22.  boshwan527
23.  LUKE SKYWALKER
24.  LUKE SKYWALKER
25.  Darth Xusia
26.  Darth Xusia
27.  Watto
28.  Watto
29.  Iggy
30.  Iggy
31.  ForceFury
32.  ForceFury
33.  Spaznick
34.  Spaznick
35.  Alex Gordon
36.  Alex Gordon
37.  CybKnight (purchased from Forcestruck)
38.  CybKnight (purchased from Forcestruck)
39.  Juansith
40.  Redthumbscrew
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 08:48:54 AM by Wat Tambor »

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
Re: AwesomeSauce X11000 'official' run thread
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 06:05:51 PM »
deposit payment made for FULL KIT!

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

Offline Ladyhawke

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 07:26:57 PM »
Ok i have to get in on this. Deposit sent for full kit!

Offline pick_a_cabin

• No Force
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 07:27:29 PM »
Full Kit please

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 07:36:06 PM »
Deposit sent for full kit.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 07:45:24 PM »

I'd be ashamed if you didn't! LOL!

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 08:08:59 PM »

I'd be ashamed if you didn't! LOL!

Yeah, my last one kinda got trashed...pesky padawans...

Offline Jedi Shin

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 08:35:16 PM »
I have done the deposit payment for Full Kit!

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 10:25:49 PM »
this is awesome thanks for this wat... deposit sent for full doublt hilt kit

where it says saber will need painted/finishing what needs painted? do you mean the black parts only?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:35:37 PM by Scorpion »

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Scruffy Nerf Herder

• #1 supporter of Jar Jar for EPVII main lead character
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 12:55:13 AM »
Awesomesauce?  More like EPICSAUCE!  Deposit sent for full kit!

I wonder if the smiths are going to offer install slots or wait for flooded inboxes lol.

Offline MACE WINDU

• Formerly known as Nightstorm
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Do you have a problem with purple?
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 03:31:25 AM »
Deposit sent for full kit, can't pass this up!

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 04:05:14 AM »
Deposit Sent for 1 Half Kit.

Someone else out there is going to have to get a half now.  :D Personally, I can't seem to wield a staff.  ;D

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline Darth Monkey

• Force User
  • Smell my finger?
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 04:26:18 AM »
Deposit for full kit sent. Thanks for this Wat.

At last, the TPM saber trilogy will be complete!!
FX-Sabers Vintage Graflex ESB CFv4
FX-Sabers Negotiator TPM CFv6
OM/MH Obi-Wan TPM #18 CFv5
SC/VV Qui-Gon TPM #16 CFv5
OM/LDM Double Awesomesauce Maul TPM CFv6
GCS Darth Bane #15 CFv6
LDM Obi-Wan MKIII AFBB/ANH Hybrid PCv2
LDM Lego Saber CSv1
KR/JQ Mace Windu ROTS CSv5 Neopixel
Tri-Cloud/KR Anakin AOTC NBv2
UltimateWorks/SpaceW Dooku AOTC PRIZMv5 Neopixel
VV Luke ROTJ Gen 1 CS4.5 Neopixel
MR/JQ Yoda ROTS CSv3
MR/JQ Vader ESB CSv5
Korbanth Emperor DS3 Proffie Neopixel

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 06:20:38 AM »
Haha. I see how it is. Get pushed to the bottom.  :D It is all good though, since my name is up there.  ;D

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 06:23:22 AM »
Haha. I see how it is. Get pushed to the bottom.  :D It is all good though, since my name is up there.  ;D

Just a way for me to keep track of the full and half kits.  It's nothing personal.

retrousse