fiduciary

Author Topic: FA - AwesomeSauce X11000 phase 3 - dual CFV5.1 install  (Read 9819 times)

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
FA - AwesomeSauce X11000 phase 3 - dual CFV5.1 install
« on: January 01, 2013, 11:52:46 AM »
Up for auction this week is the phase 3, dual CFV5.1 installed proof of concept.

LDM did a very nice dual CFV5.1 install on the Phase 2 saber for me.  You can check out the particulars and BMT here:  http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=38731.0

Auction specifics:

I will once again use my "Wat Rules" listed below.

"The auction will end at x:xx PM PST on  xx/xx/201x.  This will give people a chance to read these new rules and make sure everyone is on the same page.

At x:xx PM PST on  xx/xx/201x, bidding will conclude.  But I will allow 'final' bids after that time as long as they fall within a short enough interval between bids.  Bidding will end once a five minute interval has passed between any two bids after the (for example) 8:00 PM end time.

For example, member X posts his bid of 1750 at 7:59:53.  Member Z posts his bid of 1825 at 7:59:55 but gets the recent post message and by the time he resubmits his bid, the time shows 8:00:12.  I would still accept the late bid.  

I will not say that once you place a bid after the 8:00 PM PST deadline, you are forbidden to post another bid.  The reason being, I think it might be abused and someone may wait until a member posts his 'final' bid after the 8:00 deadline and then decides to outbid him by a dollar.  I will let bidding continue as long need be after the 8:00 PM MST deadline so long as the bids keep coming in succession.  Once a 5 minute interval has passed (this allows everyone to refresh the page, post a bid, re-post if necessary and see their post) between two bids, the bidding will end.

Following on with the previous example.  Member Z posted his 1825 bid at 8:00:12.  Member Q also had a problem posting his bid at 7:59:58 and his bid of 1800 was posted at 8:00:16.  Member Q sees his bid posted after 8:00 and it is not the winning bid.  He then posts a new bid of 1850 at 8:00:45.  He is now the leading bid even though he posted after 8:00 PM.  This may continue for several minutes with various members posting, re-posting, and refreshing.  Member A posts his bid of 1945 at 8:07:36 and he is now the high bidder.  All other bidders have decided they have reached their limit.  Now, if one of two things happens, the auction ends.  If more than 5 minutes passes after member A's bid of 1945 and no one else makes a bid, the auction ends and member A is the winner.  Or if member X decides he can swing a little more and posts a bid of 1950 at 8:12:52 it will have been more than 5 minutes and his bid will not count.

I am trying to be as fair as possible. I realize this forum is not eBay, but I want to give customers as much of a chance as possible."

Auction will be for one complete, double bladed saber.  Saber will come with two 7/8" x 33" long transwhite blades with bullet tips and the saber will come packed in a plastic hard case.  The saber will include the the coupler to make one double saber and two pommels for when you want to have a 'battle damaged' version.

The saber WILL NOT INCLUDE a charger or a stand.

Auction will run from now until 8:00 AM MST on Saturday, January 5, 2013.  I know this is a bit early for people in the states, but I wanted to give as much a chance at everyone being awake at auction's end as I could.  I figure with 8:00 AM MST, that would be 10:00 AM on the East Coast, 7:00 AM on the West Coast, about midnight in Australia and late afternoon in Eurpoe.  Feel free to ask any questions you might have early as I can't guarantee I will be able to answer them all at the last minute.

This auction will begin at $3200.00 USD.  Bid incriment is whatever you want.  "Wat Rules" in effect for auction's end.  Your winning bid will be subject to a 4% surcharge to cover paypal fees also.  Just something to keep in mind when placing your 'final' bid.  Shipping will be at my discretion based on your location and you will required to pay all shipping cost associated with the shipment of the saber and the two blades (will probably ship in two seperate packages).  In the United States, I will most likely ship USPS Priority.  International will most likely be UPS or FedEx for the saber and USPS Priority for the blades.  I will not ship by any method for which I cannot get enough insurance to cover the package.

Standard 45 day warranty applies to United States buyers.  Unfortunately, with the international customs, and their hit or miss package inspection procedures, I will not offer any warranty on international packages as I will not be held responsible if your customs department opens the package and the sabers and damages them.

Best of luck to all auction participants.

edit:  Forgot to mention, per LDM/GG in his BMT video, the CFV5.1 has the standard font package with the exception of Revenge by Madcow as one font.  After auction conclusion, I will verify that the buyer has the Revenge font from saberfont.com before shipping the saber.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 12:41:50 PM by Wat Tambor »

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
Re: FA - AwesomeSauce X11000 phase 3 - dual CFV5.1 install
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 01:08:50 PM »
Good freaking Lord of all Sabers !!!!!!!   Good luck to all the bidders !!!!! 

I know theres a couple members here who need this piece to complete there display !  :)

Offline Rusty

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 01:13:19 PM »
Man oh man oh man oh man! I would love to have this but alas I have no funds for this. Whoever wins this will have extreme bragging rights.  ;D Good luck with the auction.

Brass Starkiller PC-L By Iggy

Offline Aginor

• Formerly known as Sidewinder
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 01:21:57 PM »
Sweet, it's here! $3200

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 02:34:46 PM »
I'll be $3500 to try and get my saber back  :D

Offline Aginor

• Formerly known as Sidewinder
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 02:41:55 PM »
$3600

Offline Fat Ewok

• Master Force User
    • Gamer Professionals, LLC
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 03:47:04 PM »
Wait, didn't the Maul saber fall with you down the radiator pit?  ::)

Holy cow I can barely pay $300 for a saber and I see everyone paying like $4000 O_O Best of luck everyone!

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 04:00:27 PM »

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 06:31:41 PM »
This looks pretty sweet to me and I wish the best of luck to all bidders. I would bid, for I wanted a complete set of TPM sabers. Too bad it wasn't a 1-piece. That would be more accurate, but it was fantastically executed/installed by LDM and WAT. Hope this means a run can happen, although not anytime soon now that I'm broke for awhile.

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 06:42:38 PM »
This looks pretty sweet to me and I wish the best of luck to all bidders. I would bid, for I wanted a complete set of TPM sabers. Too bad it wasn't a 1-piece. That would be more accurate, but it was fantastically executed/installed by LDM and WAT. Hope this means a run can happen, although not anytime soon now that I'm broke for awhile.

It has a connector to make it a single hilt.  ::)   :P

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 06:50:05 PM »
Yes Iggy, but I meant that the maul saber wasn't meant to be a 2-piece orginally. It was chopped in half by Obi-wan.

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 07:07:10 PM »
Yes Iggy, but I meant that the maul saber wasn't meant to be a 2-piece orginally. It was chopped in half by Obi-wan.

Not true, we've already been through this before. They are two independent sabers joined together. It is just convenient that Obi chopped it at just the right place.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul%27s_lightsaber

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 07:23:52 AM »
Just under 72 hours left on the auction.

Current high bidder is:  Aginor
Current high bid is:  $3600.00

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 11:39:55 AM »

Offline EV-9D9

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 12:30:45 PM »
Holy applesauce Batman, it's double red delicious.  :o
-Graflex V Replica - BB W-FoC - by Master Yoda - CF5
-Obi-Wan Kenobi ANH - BRG - Romans Parts Screen Accurate - by scottjua - CF7+CeX
-Obi-Wan Kenobi TPM - BB BB-FoC - OM Screen Accurate - CF5
-Stormtrooper - RGBW - JQSabers - Upgraded by Lord Bane - CF6+CeX
-Ventress (Force Witch) - RGB - Solo's Hold - CF7+CeX

retrousse