fiduciary

Author Topic: OM Stormtrooper CFv6 reveal!  (Read 9881 times)

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
OM Stormtrooper CFv6 reveal!
« on: September 23, 2012, 06:54:22 AM »
Hey everyone! :) I thought this most definitely deserved it's own thread, yet it is part of my Stormtrooper project, located here: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=36046.0

I'm always excited to do reviews for you guys, and this is no exception. This one is a little different for me, and exciting in a whole new way. Whether it's a run announcement, or an epic reveal thread by a sabersmith, the artist behind the saber or install always likes to present their work. My installer knew how excited I was about this, plus due to the fact that this is an ongoing project, he said it would be okay if I revealed this to the world. So this a first for me :D Thanks Pete!

So, with Phase one being the step of acquiring the empty hilt from the run and reviewing that, and Phase two was the custom Sanjuro stand...that brings us to here. I promised you guys this would be a massive one, and that's exactly what it is! Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you:

Phase Three:

Even though you've all read the title of the thread which has given it away, let's pretend for a second this is the first time you're hearing it :D My OM Stormtrooper saber has had a CF6 installation! That isn't all though, this saber really has maxed out insides, using the CF6 to it's ABSOLUTE maximum potential. This transformation has turned this saber into a fully functional masterpiece. I'm just going to hit you all with every bit of info at once in the form of a specs list, and then I will go through each thing individually. Let's go then!

Okay...are you ready for this??

Are you sure?? :D

Orbital Machining Stormtrooper limited edition 1 of 19
CFv6.1
Colour Xtender (CeX)
RGGB 10W LEDengin (G as main, R as LED2 and B as LED3)
7.4V 1600mAh 14650 stick battery pack with 7.4V protection PCB sealed using Plasti-Dip
Acrylic sheet sleeve insert for insulation
2W Erv' Deluxe Speaker
TCSS pommel insert style 13, sprayed Epoxy Enamel Gloss White polished edges for ease of turning/spinning in pommel
Reduced C-clip thickness assisting pommel insert spin freely and reduced tool hole to prevent being seen through pommel grill
Rumble pager motor with nylon housed isolation switch
Xenon White pommel idle LED wired to accent 1 - mimic main blade
Xenon White pommel blinkie
SMD 0403 resistors for accent LEDs - Blue, Red (switch), Arctic White, Aqua Green (aux)
2.1mm Kill Key
3.5mm RICE socket
Modified accent LED/switch assembly for true even brightness.

As you can see, there is some major cram-fu going on here, and some seriously cool features. A lot of which are completely new to me, and one of which I didn't even know was possible. More on that later though.

The story behind me acquiring the Stormtrooper is documented in my Stormtrooper project thread, so with all that into consideration this has been a long time coming. In this particular instance, good things indeed come to those that wait. In receiving my empty Stormtrooper hilt, it was clear in my mind that I wanted a Crystal Focus soundboard in the saber. The CF is my favourite soundboard, all but one of my sabers (Legacy with the Crystal Shard) have a CF inside. A saber of such high quality like this more than deserves some CF goodness, so that's what it was going to get! At the time of the hilt coming my way, the CFV5 was the latest board, so that's what I was going to go with. However, whilst getting a few other things for my Stormtrooper project sorted, Erv' unleashed the CFV6 on the public! Reading through all these fantastic new features it had, I instantly thought how great they would work with this OM Stormtrooper saber. The colour mixing and different colours available on each font was exactly what this saber needed, and overcame something that plays into another part of the project (Phase four clue!). So the stars were certainly starting to align.

As Erv' announced the CFV6, STARKILLER and LUMINARA just couldn't wait another second, and revealed to everybody on the second VV Starkiller run that we would all have V6's in our Starkillers :) This was fantastic news, as the Starkiller of course changes colours on The Force Unleashed, so this would add to the aspect of owning a real Starkiller saber. I was excited, and had similar thoughts with my Stormtrooper saber. In the concept art of the Stormtrooper sabers, they had white sabers in some pictures, and red in others. This made for my decision on LED colour a harder one. They both fit so perfectly, and I was torn between the two. I had decided on white in the end, but was disappointed I couldn't have both. I also felt like Stormtroopers could be sporting other colour blades, such as a fire orange, or even something a bit wild like a purple or cyan. Call me crazy, but it just works with the hilt. The beautiful white Powder Coating job by MH opens this saber up to a wide range of blade colours. So you can imagine how cool it was when I didn't have to choose between a white or red LED :)

As soon as Erv' released his first batch of CFV6's......................I was out for the day. Disaster! What if I didn't get one? Well luckily for me, I have some great friends in the saber-scene, one of which is my installer for this project. The announcement happened during a Sunday afternoon I believe, which is fantastic for us Aussies to get a chance at some CF's (thanks again Erv'!). As my friend was only getting one himself, he was able to purchase me a CF and a cEx :) The Colour Xtenders were less in numbers compared to the CFV6, so if he didn't do that for me, I would have missed out and I would definitely not have this saber in my hands right now. So a huge thanks! Plus, as it was getting sent straight to him, that would cut out a leg of shipping too. I had acquired my CFV6 for the project, as well as the cEx! We were just about ready to go...

I'm proud to say that I'm good friends with Pete outside of the forums, and we have great discussions about, well anything really. Being over this side of the world has caused me my fair share of issues with shipping and customs as a lot of you know (the major one is in regards to one of these very sabers on the run). When I receive a saber that's been messed around with by customs or shipping monkeys and it's DOA, boy is it frustrating. Sending it back and forth and dealing with customs again is the biggest hassle (and expense) ever. Then if a saber is on the way back, what's to say the exact same thing won't happen again?

Anyway, after dealing with this a few times, I really had just had enough. I personally knew of Pete's electronics and saber install/repair skills, so I enquired as to whether I could send a high end custom saber over to him for repair, rather than back and forth across the globe. The saber in question was my OM Obi TPM, that customs had tampered with. LDM was my installer for the saber, and he had worked with Pete professionally before, with Pete doing some repairs for him in similar situations. So LDM had faith in Pete, and rightfully so. My saber arrived back within the week working 100% :) Next up, I had another similar shipping damage issue, this time with a VV saber. I explained the situation to STARKILLER, and they were both fine with me doing the same thing. Once again, within a week, my saber was completely fixed. So I'd just like to publically thank Pete once again for doing those super quick repairs for me, and it's fantastic that I have someone over here that can do this kind of thing for me :)

Pete and I had a bit of a private transaction going on, and it popped into my head that I could see if he could do the install on the Stormtrooper as a "trade" for this particular transaction, rather than sending me money. He said that was fine, and all systems were go! I told Pete exactly what I was after, and really I thought I was asking too much. Having all of these things in this rather small hilt surely wouldn't be possible...would it?

Well apparently it was, and it's done to absolute perfection in this hilt. Throughout the build process, Pete kept in regular contact (as we do anyway), and gave me regular updates and asked questions where necessary to make my vision of what I wanted this saber to be come to life. Part of the way through the build, I was asked what fonts I would want on the saber, as at that stage I wouldn't be able to easily access the SD card to change fonts due to the limited amount of space in the saber and the internal setup. I was sort of unsure, and didn't have six definite fonts that would be locked in so to speak. As the build progressed though, I was told that I would indeed easily be able to change fonts around as access to the SD card was now possible in the hilt! This was amazing news, as now I can change fonts at will. Seeing the saber in person, I truly appreciate the chassis and internal placement of everything. The CF itself has no movement inside the saber, so I can very securely remove the SD card at will. From unscrewing the pommel, you are treated to some really neat features, that I will get to very soon.

THE POMMEL:

Rather than starting at the top of the hilt and working my way down as I like to do in my reviews, as a lot of the goodness is down near the pommel, we'll start down there this time. A TCSS pommel insert has been utilized on this build, with a slot for the kill key and RICE port. I really like the overall design of this particular insert, it goes really well with the saber. The gloss white matches the MH PC'ing job perfectly :) It is placed so the kill key and RICE port matches up with the control box of the saber.

The sound vents in the pommel contribute to this being one LOUD saber! The crisp sound of the 2W speaker travels nicely through the pommel, and even gives off that nice subtle rumble that we know and love from our 2W speakers. Clarity of sound is most important in this saber, as I have a lot of custom boot sounds loaded onto the SD card. So the fact that the sound quality is amazing is a huge plus. The kill key itself is white, although I made sure I grabbed a black one off of JANGO too, as they both look great! I think I slightly favour the white though, so that one is in most of the time. This kill key is nice and easy to remove, with a nice section to grip with plenty of room. This, being my first CFv6 saber, is obviously too my first saber with a RICE port. Let me just say that it is REALLY cool that I have a saber I can plug into my computer via USB to change settings around on.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020548_zps49273926.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020549_zps1a83f43b.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020551_zpsae8e1c97.jpg

So let's pull the kill key and see what happens...

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020554_zps7a9af9b4.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020555_zpsc210a943.jpg

As requested, I have two white LEDs (Xenon white to be exact) inside the pommel. I really love LDM's crystal pommels in his sabers that he does, and this saber to me really needs some LEDs in the pommel. JANGO has done a few of these Stormtroopers with the LEDs in the pommel, and they looked fantastic. I'm really glad I got these added in, as it's great to see them sequencing through in the dark, and also it's really cool that one of them mimics the main blade of the saber. They glow a really nice blue-ish white colour through the pommel, and are very bright indeed. I really enjoy watching the pommel just blinking in quick flashes during stand by mode too, it looks great with the pattern of the pommel insert. A great feature that I would certainly love in future sabers.

So as I mentioned earlier, SD access was made nice and easy in this saber. It is nice and easy to spin the pommel off for access to the Crystal Focus and other features inside. So as we remove the pommel...you know, I'm just going to get straight to this next part, because it's surely going to be the first thing you see. That switch inside there. Well this is a feature for something else in this saber:

THE RUMBLE MOTOR:

Okay, I can hear the collective groans all the way over here :P Rumble motors are not too popular with the majority here I think it's safe to say. Unwanted, erratic swings. Sitting your saber down on a stand and it just keeps setting off swing sounds. Well, I am happy to say that Pete has added a feature that 100% ABSOLUTELY solves this problem. A custom switch, that allows you to turn the rumble motor off, completely. Yep, that's right. If you want to display the saber on a stand and show it off, you slide the little switch in here to the "off" position, and it disables the rumble motor altogether. This is a feature that I was unaware of, and I don't believe I've ever seen it in another build before. So to hear Pete suggest this to me was such a great thing. I of course wanted this feature, and am very happy that I chose to get it done.

I really believe that some sabers lend themselves to a rumble motor. The Stormtrooper is one of them in my eyes. I can't really explain what it is exactly, but it just works in this particular hilt. The Corran Horn is another example, that one is due to the speeder bike handle I would say. I think the grip section plays a part in why I think that in this saber, it just feels like it should have one. If you own one, I hope you know what I'm talking about :D I've never owned a rumble motor in a saber before, and yet I've always been curious and wanted one. I thought it was a cool concept, until I heard all the bad reviews due to the unwanted swings. This put me off for a while, but I still wanted to at least at some point try one out. This is the perfect solution like I said, and this rumble motor is nothing short of amazing.

The speaker like I said, gives a slight rumble to the saber. Not much, but enough that you can feel it. The rumble motor itself is possibly, if I had to guess, twice as strong as what the speaker feels like. Sounds like a lot, but you can really barely feel the speaker rumble. So it's a nice, perfect subtle rumbling. I like it a lot, gives the saber a more "alive" feel. It definitely wouldn't work in every saber, that's for sure...but here it works really nicely. Especially with the added bonus of the switch.

...that's not all though!!! Just when I thought it couldn't get any cooler, Pete revealed to me that he had wired up just the G (green) die to activate the rumble motor. What does that mean exactly? Well, basically any colour you have created that uses the green die will turn the rumble motor on. Any colour that doesn't use it, will not activate it. Sounds a bit strange? Not so sure it's a good idea? Well let me tell you exactly what it can do. I have a purple main LED running for instance (blue and red die in use), and then a nice green for FoC...that means that during the main blade it won't be activated...and then BAM! it kicks in for the FoC or lock up 8) Really a cool thing, and once again it's something else that brings life to the saber. You can have just about any colour and add a bit of green in if you want the rumble motor on for both main and FoC, that's the beauty of the amazing colour mixing with CFv6. It's just a cool bonus that you can turn it off for the main blade, and have it activate for FoC. Very cool indeed.

INSIDE THE POMMEL:

Back to the insides of the saber. You can now see how I mentioned that the Crystal Focus really has no movement in there, which is great to be able to safely remove the SD card. There isn't much room in there as you can see, as to be expected with all the features this saber has. The stick battery pack is nicely slotted in there, nice and snug. The acrylic sheet sleeve insert that Pete made up for the chassis is great to make this saber even more duel-worthy than it is. Nothing is moving around in this saber at all, so there's nothing to worry about there when dueling. Now, the wiring is fantastic. Nice and clean, all wires neatly together in there. You can see for yourselves just how great this looks. This is really, REALLY incredible work that I am incredibly pleased with and proud to own :)

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020540_zps4ddc6c0c.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020541_zpsa02d4b1f.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020542_zps894a379d.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020543_zps50b9d9b9.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020544_zpsf23fc0ad.jpg

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: OM Stormtrooper CFv6 reveal!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 06:54:51 AM »
THE CONTROL BOX:

One of the main focal points of the Stormtrooper saber is the control box. While I'm not the biggest fan of all control boxes, I really am drawn to this one. It looks cool enough when it's a static prop, but now we are talking electronics and going through all the features, it's now a hundred times better with the LEDs! I love bargraphs in sabers a lot, as well as blinkies. Well, due to the positioning of the LEDs, they kind of act as both here. When the saber is switched on, you get the sequencing of the LEDs as it looks like a bar filling up to the top from the bottom. It's much like the sequencing of my Imperial Knight MKVI bargraph, however this one goes vertically, rather than horizontally. The LEDs themselves are not only extremely bright, but are fantastic looking colours. When you power the saber off, they flash back and forth, with two of the four on at a time. The different sequences that they go through are fun to watch, and you can change around the settings on the CF for different sequences.

From top to bottom we have blue, red, arctic white and aqua green LEDs. The four different colours make this look great in the dark, rather than a single colour bargraph. The second (red), and fourth (aqua green) blinkies act as switches, the activation and aux button respectively. This makes for not only easy activation during battle, but also nice and easy blaster blocks and lock up effects.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020557_zps3cd30130.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020558_zps1087142d.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020559_zps67625add.jpg

COLOUR MIXING:

It was something we were all really excited to hear upon learning of the CFv6 release from Erv'. No longer would we have to stick with a single colour for our sabers! This is great for certain sabers, like I mentioned the Starkiller, and then also my reasons for this particular saber. Basically, any custom saber is perfect for colour mixing. Personally, canon sabers on the other hand, do just fine with the single colour in MOST cases. You can have several sabers that use a different shade of colour that the colour mixing can bring out nicely - for example the Graflex. You could have a Graflex with a blue, sky blue, cyan, etc. That would be cool. However, say...the Qui-Gon saber, just fine with the single green LED.

As I said, I was very excited to be able to have all these different colours running on my Stormtrooper saber :) Pete actually set up each and every sound bank to my liking with the specific colours I wanted with RICE for me, so it was all ready to go when I received it. That was very nice of him, and just another instance where he went that extra mile for me for this build. I think he enjoyed playing around with the colours too :D He chose some of the colours for FoC and a couple of the main blades for me, and I'm really happy with his choices. It's really cool to see for the first time, certain colour combinations that weren't possible until now. I really like dramatic FoC's, so it's good to have unlimited possibilites. There's also now the in-between flash, where you can have a lighter colour flash a darker shade of that same colour. The first sound bank is the perfect example of that...

MAIN BLADE, FoC COLOURS AND FONTS:

The first two fonts I changed around to my liking, but aside from that, Pete went with ones that I asked for. I think we've found a nice balance of fonts that really suit the saber, and the Stormtrooper character. There is a mix of Madcow's, Novastar's, and MACE WINDU's (formerly Nightstorm) fonts on here, so you know they are all top quality. Let's start from the top:

1) Madcow's Korriban: We both agreed that this should be on there, and I'm sure everyone that knows of this font will agree too. To me, it fits in well with the Stormtrooper character nicely, with that menacing sounding font that we all know and love. As far as the colour, I usually of course would have chosen red for the main blade. However, as we now have so many choices, I saved the red blade for another font. This one I went with a sky blue, which sure, isn't the most menacing colour, but it's the flash that really does it here. It's set for a darker blue flash, probably slightly darker than a P4 blue LED. This looks incredible, as you get the dark side type flash on the lighter sky blue. It's quite a bit more noticeable than a same colour FoC in a saber, but not as noticeable as say, a green with yellow FoC. Huge fan of this font, and the colour really works :)

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020582_zpscdb31511.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020583_zps3340f1f7.jpg
It really doesn't look different at all on camera, but in person it's clearly a darker shade of blue.

2) Madcow's Vader: This is a must for a Stormtrooper saber! It needed to be on here, and it's one of my all time favourite fonts. It's the one I use almost all the time in my Madcow Darth Bane saber, and it fits perfectly here too. This is where I've chosen the red blade, as I think I prefer having the red over Korriban, and I'm not sure anything except red would work. I'll have pictures of this colour up...as soon as I can get the saber to register in RICE :D For some reason it's not connecting. I'm sure it's something simple that I'll figure out real soon, and at that point I'll update with pictures. Initially this had a cyan with a white FoC, and while I love cyan, I really wanted this to be a red blade. I'm going to go with something different with the FoC too, I'm going to have a yellow FoC for a dramatic flash against the red. I think that will look great, but we'll have to wait and see.

3) Novastar's Blackstar: Probably Novastar's most famous darkside font, this is another that works perfectly. Pete and I agreed on colour straight away, we were both picturing a fire-orange blade for this font. It really looks amazing, and is my favourite of the six along with the sixth bank's colour. It's such a bright orange, something I've wanted in a CF saber for a long time. After receiving my VV Havoc with TORange, it's been right up there with my favourite blade colours. There's something about an orange lightsaber that is so awesome. This shade is very similar to TORange, if not pretty much identical. I haven't held them up against each other yet, but I shall do that and check it out. What makes this even cooler is the FoC that was chosen. For those of you that have seen Madcow's silver blades in his Corran Horn sabers, that is pretty much what we have here for the FoC. Another really dramatic flash, and one that looks fantastic in the dark. The even more awesome thing is that this is one of the colour combinations that causes the rumble motor to activate on FoC, and not when the main blade is on. It adds so much realism to the saber.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020576_zpsdc443ac9.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020577_zps6502756d.jpg
Clearly a massively dramatic flash, and it looks that cool in person 8)

4) Novastar's Episode 4: Stormtroopers are a big part of Star Wars: A New Hope, so this font has a cool feel to it in this saber. I've gone with a colour that Ralph McQuarrie chose for his Stormtrooper concept, white. It looks great, and is nice and bright. In fact, every single colour I've used on here is incredibly bright, it's awesome. A dramatic flash that was chosen this time was a lime green. The lime green looks REALLY cool. As a flash effect against the white it looks great, but also in general it looks fantastic, which works for me with the next font.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020578_zpsfcb36e57.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020579_zps2aa41209.jpg
You can see just how bright both the white and lime green are in the pictures.

5) Novastar's Resblade: A lime green main blade for this font, but this time it's a lighter lime green than the FoC for the last one. It's different, yet still a lime green. Resblade is a fantastic font as most of you already know, and the one I use the most in my VV Imperial Knight MKVI. The power on and off for this font is so awesome, giving you the feeling that the saber holds an incredible amount of power. Now, the FoC is really interesting. A PERFECT purple is achieved with the CFv6 :D I mean, absolutely perfect. A nice deep purple, that is such a sight to see. It's a massively dramatic flash against the lighter lime green, and in person it's one of the most dramatic of the six.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020584_zps47b201d3.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020585_zps92230506.jpg
See how the main blade is almost white on camera, but you can make out the lime green a bit. The purple is a little underwhelming on camera, it's just that awesome in person.

6) MACE WINDU's (formerly Nightstorm) TFU2 Kamino: THIS IS IT!!! This is THE font for the Stormtrooper saber. My favourite font on here, as it's just perfect for the hilt. I loved the font before, but this is really the perfect saber for this font. The blaster blocks are so cool, and the font as a whole is amazing. Another white blade is used here, and an interesting FoC. Something that I would probably not have chosen in a saber with a single colour for a main blade. It's a pink colour, I guess you could say it is a Fuchsia, but with really no purple shades in it. It does look really cool in a lightsaber, and it works great as a FoC. Especially against the white, for it's another really dramatic flash. The pink is really bright too.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020580_zps2d8092a4.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020581_zps6f0925ee.jpg
You can really see the nice bright pink of the flash on the picture here.

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 06:55:11 AM »
THE VIDEO:

For the video, once again as I have gone into such detail I haven't bothered talking. So if you've just skipped through to the video without reading, then too bad :P It's pretty self explanatory anyway, just a quick flick through of the fonts with their different colour blades and flashes in action, and then a bit of iSaber at the end. I'd like to at this point thank both JANGO FETT and DarthSid1138 for the custom Stormtrooper boots for this saber :) They are all perfect, and the Stormtrooper quotes add to the theme of the saber nicely. You can also see the LEDs in the pommel in the video.

THE DISPLAY:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: Phase one, two and three!

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020566_zps6a811519.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020565_zpsa4acda75.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020568_zps2058af0b.jpg

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020567_zps36f143b7.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020571_zps2a39f6a4.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1020574_zpsd6d21c1a.jpg

Due to the extra insulation in this saber that was added, it is nice and sturdy for dueling. It is a great saber to spin too. So not only will it look great on display as a part of my project, but it also is great in combat! An all round saber, and anyone who managed to score one from the run is very lucky indeed.

So as you can see, my Stormtrooper project is coming along nicely, and everything is falling into place :) For this third phase, Pete deserves ALL the credit for his fantastic work. You are a great friend Pete, and I really appreciate your hard work and skills to bring to life what I had envisioned - and then some! I know how much he loves this saber, as much as me actually, so I'm very happy to have helped him out in obtaining one from the run for himself. After finishing this project, he now really wants to upgrade his personal one to a CFv6 :D

I am proud to add this now completed Stormtrooper saber to my ever growing collection, and remember...there's still two more phases to come in this project ;) So stay tuned, big things are coming!!

Thanks for reading everyone, and as always feel free to leave comments and questions!

Offline ag3nt4877

• Force User
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 07:42:09 AM »
WOW!  :o ... Any chance it's for sale  ;D

Offline ScrimpyPIE

• Experienced Force User
  • Guardian's Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 07:53:08 AM »
Wow! This thing is amazing!!!! :o :o :o I'm speechless, lol.
"Use the fork, Luke!"

"Are they friendly?" - Obi-wan Kenobi
"Depends... On how good your manners are;
and how big your  'pocket-book' is. - Dexter Jettster

Lightsaber collection-
US Raven
Mhs-based Luke RoTJ
Rebellion KotOR run x2
(Original: violet)
(Second-hand: sky blue)
OM/LDM Lego saber run
LDM Custom "Quobi"
GenesisCustom Ascend CF6 run
GenesisCustom Badaxx "Browncoat"
Personal saber "Illum" by Simpi-gon Sims
"Primum V2" by Darthvix/LDM

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 09:01:23 AM »
looks awesome dave i love the features this is probly the 1st cf6 saber review iv seen
it makes me want to get my cf6 saber RIGHT NOW!!!!!

congrats it a beauty another fine saber for the collection...  8)

do you not have white as a blade color here?

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 09:22:07 AM »
Another excellent review, Dave.  I really liked the color show as you scrolled down the fonts - you have a few more colors on there than on Heart of the Force, lol.  The colors are excellent, and the font choices are spectacular! A New Hope and Vader fit, for obvious reasons, and the others are great choices - but I actually haven't heard Kamino.  Guess where I'm off to after this? 

Something else I noticed is the really nice, sharp photos.  You're using a real camera, I presume?  Not a laptop webcam?   :D

The bargraph is awesome; I like the blinkies quite a bit.  I'm not too well versed in the Stormtrooper hilt - is the color scheme "canon?"  Or did you customize it?  Either way, it looks great - if this isn't the canon look, it shoukd be. 

Now what's this I hear about a Stormtrooper project?

Offline LordBlako

• Master Force User
  • I'm just the Font Maker!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 10:01:41 AM »
that's a great review, my golden friend!  ;) it's really cool to read a that detailed review about such an epic saber! well done!!  :)

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 11:28:09 AM »
You said reveal, and I thought you mean with a crystal chamber. Ah well.  :)

It is still a gorgeous saber.  ;D

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 12:04:46 PM »
yeah slight confusion with me there to
i was like "a storm trooper reveal" ? no way! ......i had pictured a reveal crystal chamber or something
its still awesome tho

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 12:21:16 PM »
@C-3P0 glad to see it's coming together.

@Jm419 There really isn't a canon setup. Usually the emitter is red, but the others are all variable
Emitter
EM1=red
SW1=green/white
EM2=amber/white
SW2=amber/white
pommel

@Iggy

I thought the same as well.

The OM ST was setup in a a way that a reveal chamber could be included. I have yet to build one like this but the potential is there.
If you note that the black grip is a solid piece of aluminium that is held in place by 4 button head screws, instead of the sectional or one piece rubber grips found in"other" incarnations of the ST.
An adventurous installer could mill out the area under the grip, perhaps in a square, and a chamber could be installed.
To display, unscrew the 4 button heads and set the grip aside.

While doable, sacrifices to sound board placement, SD card access and power supply are likely.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 01:23:51 PM »
Heh, sorry to disappoint guys...I didn't even think of it meaning a reveal chamber. As cool as that would look, I was never after that with this build.

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 01:49:35 PM »
@Jm419 There really isn't a canon setup. Usually the emitter is red, but the others are all variable
Emitter
EM1=red
SW1=green/white
EM2=amber/white
SW2=amber/white
pommel

Gotcha.  Thanks for the answer.  :)

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 02:26:41 PM »
Oh yeah, one thing that completely slipped my mind is that you can now have four custom boots per font with the CFv6 :) you get a random one of the four play each time, which makes for a total of 24 boots per SD card!

Offline Mersenne

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 02:49:29 PM »
Beneath his Gold Shiny exterior - Dave is a Stormtrooper at heart - for those who don't know.
Really enjoyed your review mate and glad you love it.

I'm definitely rethinking my install after this one. ..........CFv6 too, to give your's a twin ;)

Sorry to those that did miss the run of these OM ST in white or black - there's no chance I would say you'll ever pry these from our hands now we've got one each.  8)
it's all Elemental

retrousse