fiduciary

Author Topic: Orbital Machining Stormtrooper limited run 1 of 19 - PHASE FOUR NOW UP!  (Read 12414 times)

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
C-3P0's Stormtrooper Project!

Hello again guys! :D Ok, first off I just want to clear this up...this is NOT NUMBER 1 of 19 in the run. I have spoken with Wat regarding the edition number, and while these Stormtrooper sabers were numbered (the parts were numbered to match so all the parts line up), that wasn't neccesarily the order they were made. The Obi's were numbered accordingly, so that's why everyone has an edition number. Wat thought the best way to solve this is to just label it "1 of 19", saying it is indeed ONE OF the 19 sabers in the run ;) I too agree this is the best way to go. Besides, I only asked Wat in the beginning because of something else that will be included in this saber, not because I care which number it is for any other reason. Ok...now that's out of the way :D

So I'm going with something a little different with this one. Instead of doing a write up on a completed saber from a run, or one that I've obtained elsewhere...I'm actually going to make this an ongoing project that I hope all of you will find a bit of fun and enjoy following it's progress. I don't want to spoil the fun and give away anything right now, but I will tell you this: my Stormtrooper project is going through FIVE phases. Starting of course now, at:

Phase One:

Well it appears I have now completed the hardest phase of them all regarding this saber...actually getting the saber into my hands :D For those of you that already know, this is my second time round of trying to get a Stormtrooper saber from this run (third if you count my miscalculation in Jango's auction when I was in NZ with a different time zone), as I purchased a Stormtrooper and FedEx just.......lost it. I thought that was it and I would never get one, however I thought "I may as well try my luck with posting a wanted ad and see if anyone is willing to sell me theirs". This time however, I was after an empty as I had different plans. Luckily for me, djobitwan7 stepped forward and was willing to sell me his :) I am very grateful that he did so, and it gave me another chance to see if those shipping monkeys would actually do their job properly this time and get the saber safely to me.

I tried not to think about the shipping while it was in transit. Every time I get something shipped, I can't help but worry and think the worst. There's been too many times where my package has been opened up by customs and tampered with, or something else has gone wrong somewhere. Luckily for me, this was not one of those times :) I went and picked up my package from the post office, everything still sealed as it should be. I rush home to open it and just stopped and stared at it for a minute before picking it up. "Finally, I have my Stormtrooper saber!" I thought. This was really special to me for not only this backstory of me trying to score one, but also because...I just really, REALLY love this saber. Stormtroopers are one of my favourite characters in Star Wars, and I just love the concept art with them holding their sabers. This one here:

To see this brought to life in a run is just incredible. Everyone involved in this run (Wat, MH, LDM and Jango) have created something truly amazing. The lucky people to be in on this run know exactly what I'm talking about. Seeing this for the first time in person just blew away anything I saw in pictures and videos. The quality of this saber is outstanding. I remember LDM saying in more than one of his videos when he was revealing his builds for this saber just how much he loved them, and I can now see why. Another thing that makes this a winner to me is that this saber makes for a great display piece, while also being a sturdy dueling saber with the 1" blade holder.

So basically phase one is just me owning an empty Stormtrooper saber from the run. Don't worry though, it gets more exciting for you all from here ;) Plus hey, here's some nice pictures to look at for all you Stormtrooper fans! I believe my pictures are improving quite a bit, and I hope you guys enjoy them.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1010797.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1010789.jpg
Ok, that first pic is one of my favourite photos I've ever taken..........but I got the wrist strap from the camera in the picture!! :D Fail.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1010792.jpg
The bottom end of the saber. The grip section is very unique, and I really like both the look and feel of it. The "O" rings throughout this saber are perfect, fitting into the machine grooves like magic.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1010793.jpg
Now we move to the other end of the saber. Another "O" ring fit perfectly into the machined groove. This one placed here looks really cool. Lets zoom in a bit...

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1010794.jpg
The un-powdercoated part here shines brightly in the light, reflecting off of it nicely with it's machined finish. There is a third "O" ring in there if you look closely, at the bottom of this part, touching against the white powdercoating. The blade holder has an outward curve to it, beautifully machined to perfection. The other part of the top half of the saber would be...

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1010790.jpg
The control box. Now mine clearly has no switches or buttons...yet. I really love the control box and it is one of the features that draws the eye straight to upon first glance. Even more so when there are LEDs installed and the saber is turned on. Underneath the control box in the picture, you can see two thumbscrews set in place, one slightly different to the other. Here it is from the other side...

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1010796.jpg
This picture nicely captures the amazing powdercoating work of MH. The PC'ing really is done to perfection in every way. It's sure a pure looking white, and creates a stand out Stormtrooper look very nicely indeed :) The finish of the PC'ing adds an extremely smooth feel to the saber. Holding the saber in hand tightly locks your grip in with the grip section sitting where it does. I would be very interested to see how the Shadowtrooper versions turned out in person. If there were indeed a second run, I'd be all over a Shadowtrooper version. The Stormtrooper version was what I was after this time around though...and you will find out in time ;)

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1010795.jpg
Here you can see the covertec wheel, a machined piece attached here to carry the saber around on your covertec clip. Perfectly placed to not invade your grip space when wielding the saber.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1010791.jpg
The pommel is really cool on this saber. It's very cleverly machined as to look like an extra piece that sticks out, being smaller than the section next to it. You can see the really awesome patterned speaker grills to allow the sound to escape, as well as a cut out in the middle to make way for a kill key and recharge port. Definitely the best place to have it situated with this saber.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Acerocket%20Stormtrooper/P1010798.jpg
Lastly, I have taken a comparison picture next to one of Wat's other creations: The Obi TPM saber. You can see that the Stormtrooper is actually noticeably smaller, even though it isn't obvious at first. Not obvious in the way that I wouldn't have guessed it were any smaller until I put the two side by side for comparison. Don't they look awesome together? :D

Overall then, this saber exceeded my expectations now I have it in my hands. The other people on the run will know exactly what I mean when I say all these positive things regarding the saber. It's of the highest quality, and the design perfectly captures a Stormtroopers saber.

So yeah, that's it for now :) Phase two will hopefully not be too far off, and I hope that you guys are interested enough to come back for more and see each phase of this project unfold! Thanks for looking everyone. Feel free to post your comments and questions as always.

EDIT: Hold the phone! It appears I have solved a mystery here folks :D You see both Wat and Jango weren't 100% sure whether there were 18 or 19 sabers made for this run...but were pretty certain it was 18. That's what I went with.

...I just however decided to open my saber up to see if there were indeed any markings...Look what I found:

So it appears there were indeed 19! sabers on the run :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:24:58 PM by C-3P0 »

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: Orbital Machining Stormtrooper limited run 1 of 19
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 08:40:46 PM »
Revelation discovered, and thread name edited! :o :D

Offline Ladyhawke

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 08:56:19 PM »
Very cool Dave!! Looking forward to seeing it completed!

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 08:58:14 PM »
Looking forward to it dave !   This is indeed a really beautiful piece of art !  Congrats on finally obtaining one :)

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 09:08:09 PM »
finally!!!! the stormtrooper saber has come back (for the first time) to daves hands!

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 09:30:17 PM »
So it's 19 of 19 then right?  Glad it made it safe.  Now -- what's the plan for this thing?  You know you have to go balls out with a CFV6, color mixing, white crystal chamber and 2W speaker.

BTW I check mine and....number 20!

Just kidding ;D

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 09:39:51 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys :)

finally!!!! the stormtrooper saber has come back (for the first time) to daves hands!

:D

So it's 19 of 19 then right?  Glad it made it safe.  Now -- what's the plan for this thing?  You know you have to go balls out with a CFV6, color mixing, white crystal chamber and 2W speaker.

BTW I check mine and....number 20!

Just kidding ;D

Yep, I guess that would mean its 19/19. Except in this case the number doesn't mean that it's necessarily the 19th saber off of Wat's machine. That was the case with the Obi's, but not the ST's. For this I like the "1 of 19" better :)

Oh and shhh Todd, ixnay on the CFV6 :P

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 11:22:32 PM »
Congrats my friend!!! Finally the Stormtrooper saber made it safely to you!  :)
It is really an amazing design, can't wait to say that baby with all the installs!!!  ;)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 12:29:24 AM »
Congrats on getting this masterpiece of a weapon! I am happy that you were able to track one down.

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 02:25:09 AM »
looking good dave
you going with a white full powah, bar grapgh in the activation box and 2W speaker?

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Aginor

• Formerly known as Sidewinder
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 02:30:07 AM »
Good goin dave, glad it didn't come down to third times a charm, lookin forward to the install, go crazy and go cf6 (waves hand) you know you want to ;D

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 02:48:38 AM »
Thanks guys :)

Ok, I promise this will be cooler if it's a surprise :D

No one is wondering what the "5 Phases" deal is? Of course an install is one phase...but what could the others be? :o :)
I'm VERY excited to reveal all as time goes on!

Oh and no cheating for those involved in the project to reveal anything :P

Offline CinDrycast

• Experienced Force User
  • Remember... The Force will be with you... Always!
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 03:44:21 AM »
AWESOME, man! Maybe you will build a white shield and make a costume based on the lasersworded stormtroopers early designed by Ralph McQuarry? :P

Master Replicas Ep. VI Luke Skywalker Lightsaber V2 LE #0496/1500
eFX Episode VI Luke Skywalker 'Version Two' Lightsaber PCR

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 04:54:31 AM »
my guess is a storm trooper with a saber ?? similar to your c3p0?

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 05:16:51 AM »
Todd, 2W speaker isn't balls out.  I've yet to see or hear a 2W be louder than a regal/kobitone. 

Dave, sick thread man.  Sick saber, sick everything.  Can't wait to see phase 2. 

retrousse