fiduciary

Author Topic: Qui-gon Jinn's (Jay-gon Jinn's) PVC Sabers  (Read 62806 times)

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
Re: Jay-gon Jinn's PVC Sabers
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2007, 05:32:46 PM »
 ;D

Those pvc sabers are cool.I checked out do-clo's and I have to say they are cool!! ;D

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2007, 11:46:01 PM »
Look in the electrical department...

They sell schedule 40 PVC conduit, couplers, elbows, and threaded caps for CHEAP. It also has a bit higher melting point to me electrical codes. ;) Regular plumbing PVC works well also.

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
Update .....just received my Dark Tyrant from Jay, man this is one sweet saber I put a 36 " Ultra blade with a pointy tip on it and I have to say the 1 watt rocks that blade...... ;D Nice job my friend and thank you very much....... :D photos to come.....
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 02:13:32 PM by Beggarsoutpost »

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2007, 07:39:38 PM »
Yeah properly driven LuxI leds will still rock socks.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2008, 09:23:41 AM »
Holy Thread revivals,  Batman! ;D

I decided to revive this thread rather than start a new one,  as I have decided to take a break from BS#2's switch dilemma,  and throw together some more of these:

These are going to basically be the same as before,  all powered by Lux I's with micro puck drivers to maximize the brightness and batteries,  and either AAA or AA batteries....I haven't decided yet.  Some get one or the other.  I got all the "machine" work finished and started painting them this morning:

This one is probably going to be red as it's the only one painted in the dark metallic colr,  and is a "Dark Minion" size saber. (About 10" long,  intended for a 7-10 yr. old).

This is a special "Light Knight" style saber....it's going to get an interesting paint job,  stay tuned for that!

This one is a special version of the "Lil' Tyrant" saber.  It is similar to the one I built for our very own Beggarsoutpost,  and would be classified as a "Dark Tyrant" saber.

This one is for the 501st's photo booth...I have red and green Ultrasabers Initiates for that,  but since the green one doesn't work with the green screen background,  I am going to make this one blue.  Speaking of my US Initiates,  those have had the grip material removed,  and are also going to get grip marks and a special paint scheme.

These next two are basically the same thing,  what I call a "Light Youngling" style of saber:

This is the basic style for my Light Younglings,  with some more detail marks added in.  I may also do the special paint on these as well.  The next one in this size is something a bit different:

I decided I wanted to see what one would look like with a straight cut emitter end,  and also added the "chamfer,"  to help give it a bit of detail there as well. 

I don't have led's or drivers for all of these yet,  but I have everything else.  Some of these will most likely be for sale,  too.  I'll post those in the Trade Federation,  as long as Yoda approves.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:48:10 AM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Master Force User
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2008, 12:16:29 PM »
UPDATE:

The paint has dried on most of them,  only one left to go.  Actually,  I have another hilt that is short a piece so I can't paint it yet.  Here's the ones that are done so far:

You can see pretty plain what I did differently to them regarding the paint.  I masked off the rest of the saber except for the grip section and sprayed a few coats of the graphite color on them.  They turned pretty good,  and make them look a bit more like a real saber hilt.

I also did the Ultrasabers Initiates that I have for our photo booth.  I had to remove the foam grip material,  as it was seriously degrading from all the handling these get at an event,  and added grip marks instead.  These will not be two-toned.

Here's the one I'm waiting on to dry:

I'll probably set these out on the patio table in the sun to help cure the paint.  there's a nice breeze out there,  so that'll help too.  After that,  I can re-assemble the two Initiates,  and also two of the larger sabers.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:52:49 AM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2008, 12:36:28 PM »
Those look awesome Jay.  The metallic look really livens them up.  You would never guess they were PVC.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Master Force User
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2008, 01:19:48 PM »
Yup,  they look like metal until you pick one up and you feel how lightweight they are!  Here they are,  all painted and catching some sun:

Now I need to get a couple of these wired back up.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:54:49 AM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2008, 03:31:04 PM »
Very neat and creative! I see promise! :) Good work Jay! I'm keeping an eye on this thread. I'm curious how all these turn out.
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline jpbeck

• Master Force User
  • "Always run the same direction EOD are running"
    • http://snipersparadise.com/sniperchat/index.php?
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2008, 03:49:54 PM »
I remember back in the day-- 10 years ago probably, I used to make PVC sabers like the ones above. Back then nobody was putting LUX's in them. They were just props. 
Does anyone remember Yellowbox or something like that .com?

Cool sabers. :)

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2008, 03:57:27 PM »
Who doesn't remember good old www.bigyellowbox.com? That site is a classic.

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Master Force User
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2008, 07:38:05 AM »
Thst's not the right link for "Lightsabers from the Big Yellow Box,  Aluke...that links to an old crayola webpage.  The correct address is:
Lightsabers from the Big Yellow Box

Anyway,  back to these:

I finished off one of the Light Younglings:

This one runs on two AAA's and uses one of my last 3 of the Corbin Film Dual-Core Blades.  I have 4 more blades that have been internally sanded for these,  but I need more blade tips before I can finish those.  I also don't have any more of the micropucks,  or leds for that matter.  I have one red Lux I and that's it.  I hate running out of parts and money at the same time!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:58:02 AM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2008, 10:51:13 AM »
Thats pritty cool there jay. Intresting stle you have with that one. ITs kinda like a design I did for a persional saber a while back.

Offline jpbeck

• Master Force User
  • "Always run the same direction EOD are running"
    • http://snipersparadise.com/sniperchat/index.php?
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2008, 12:29:09 PM »
Jay-- I have a couple extra "Cyans" (bin 5 :(  )
if you want one your welcome to it.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Master Force User
Re: Qui-gon Jinn's (Jay-gon Jinn's) PVC Sabers
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2008, 06:53:29 AM »
Thanks,  JP,  Iyou have an in coming PM.  I did just get a box of leds in the mail yesterday,  so I can finish off a couple more of these now.  So,  I have 2 bin 4 reds,  a bin 1 blue,  and a bin 2 green. all are Lux I's and should finish these off nicely.  A couple of these may already be spoken for,  though,  so I may have some extra leds to use later.

retrousse