fiduciary

Author Topic: Grayven's MR FX Lightsaber Construction set (Joe Jedi) review ( pics Update)  (Read 96489 times)

Offline LANDO CALRISSIAN

• formerly known as Grayven
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have recently struck a deal with empire
The tear down is really easy.

First knock out two pins.
Unscrew three small screws holding the RGB switch cover in place.
Remove the RGB cover and the RGB switch cover.
Slide out inner core from outer core.
Remove third pin.
Unsnap component cover into two halves.
Tap in lower pin on the led holder at the bottom of the blade.
Slide led holder out of blade.
(DO NOT KNOCK OUT THE TWO PINS THAT HOLD THE DIFFUSER TUBE IN THE BLADE OUT)

pics

Single star RBG LED is used with no heat sink.
I did a test with the use of a Ultra fiber Blade what a difference in brightness.
I can't wait to do a conversion on this with a reflector instead of the optic that FX uses.
I still see allot of potential for this as a single core component for multiple Sinktube type custom hilts.

All good is just as flawed as all bad. True power lies somewhere in between.
I like spaghetti, You like spaghetti? If so check out the spaghetti party over at judgesabersmith.com

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
They'll be on ebay soon enough...

Box O' Parts ;D Here I come....

*Edit- Great update Grayven! Now I might actually buy one! ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 08:22:13 PM by DARTH TYRANUS »

Offline Ti-el_terall

• Experienced Force User

Offline vivan_cygna

• formerly known as Vivan Cygna
  • Master Force User
Thanks for the review and the pics. Much appreciated. This information is very useful.  :)
Eat all the bacon!

Offline bulldog

• Experienced Force User
Ya know, those kits are not such a bad buy. For those other dads out there this would give some one on one time. Along with that we'd be teaching our kids some thing and they get something for their efforts and be satisfied from that. For 100.00 is worth a smile from the ol kiddo.
To know peace, one must have peace within.

Offline 2saberjedi

• Force User
  • in darkness we are the lite
wow i that is easyer then the Luke ROTJ i could have no problem with this saber i want it even more now thank you for the the time and the pix Grayven

my problem is now i have to pay 130 for one on ebay but i want 2 now... maybe 3

it would eb a good idea to buy asmaney as i/we can b4 thay are gone lol

Offline Darth Doodie

• Experienced Force User
  • Who talks first? You talk first or I talk first??
    • My youtube page
wow i that is easyer then the Luke ROTJ i could have no problem with this saber i want it even more now thank you for the the time and the pix Grayven

my problem is now i have to pay 130 for one on ebay but i want 2 now... maybe 3

it would eb a good idea to buy asmaney as i/we can b4 thay are gone lol

Radioshack.com has them for $99 ;D
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2882987&cp=&sr=1&origkw=lightsaber&kw=lightsaber&parentPage=search

Offline 2saberjedi

• Force User
i think the green is good... its not my ROTJ Luke but it is good so yes i will get 2 sets of this saber now

Offline LANDO CALRISSIAN

• formerly known as Grayven
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have recently struck a deal with empire
I got my two from Radioshack.com. With shipping it was like $120.00. But if you have it shipped to a local radio shack store shipping is free. My local Radio Shack has tons of them in stock.

All good is just as flawed as all bad. True power lies somewhere in between.
I like spaghetti, You like spaghetti? If so check out the spaghetti party over at judgesabersmith.com

Offline 2saberjedi

• Force User
I got my two from Radioshack.com. With shipping it was like $120.00. But if you have it shipped to a local radio shack store shipping is free. My local Radio Shack has tons of them in stock.

lucky

this is what i have to put up with to get this saber
http://search.ebay.com.au/lightsaber-construction-set_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQcatrefZC6QQflocZ1QQfromZR10QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQga10244Z10426QQsabfmtsZ1QQsacatZQ2d1QQsaobfmtsZinsifQQsaslcZ2QQsbrexpZWD3SQQssPageNameZWD3S

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
I think it'd make a good gift but not a collectors buy. :-\
sig removed, ...animation not allowed

Offline Ketme-Hamje Traya

• Experienced Force User
  • "Our path brought us here for a reason..."
I was at the International Mall just outside of Tampa International Airport and just so happened to hear THAT sound, My head popped to the source and I saw two little kids playing with the display model that the store had ready. I walked over and asked them if I could try it out, they nodded and handed it to me without question and more in awe at me (I'm 6'3" and they were scratching at 4'10").

So now I fired it up, the sound blasted out and...the blade faded in after a few seconds, the LED brightness kinda helps in this part as the fade in/out with the low brightness helps to try and replicate that famous scrolling effect. the saber was well balanced and very light (about the same weight as the yoda but without metallic heft) and was VERY easy to spin. I did a cycle of a basic spin, crossover, inverts and crossover, revert, basic spins to the amazement of the kidsand asked them if they'd like to learn how I did them, they (still in awe) politely said 'no thanks' and I turned it off to look at the plastic workings.

Overall, its not too bad, a little looseness here or there but overall very nicely thought out for the kids, and to amp up the bar for Hasbro meet.

If there could be a metal worker that could build the parts as full metal, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. A very good practice saber for a good price, and you won't be at risk of having a heart attack if you drop it and chip the paint or scratch the metal.
"...there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."
-Darth Traya

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
This might be my X-mas gift  :-\

Offline 2saberjedi

• Force User
i still want this saber... and i plan to try to put a green led in place of the rgb led

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
Id get the new Tri star and put it in there

retrousse