fiduciary

Author Topic: The FIRST YODA force-fx review by YODA  (Read 59867 times)

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
Re: The FIRST YODA force-fx review by YODA
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2007, 04:24:15 PM »
great pics man :o
i can't believe how much brighter the yoda is than the luke :o

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Mojo_LA

• Force User
  • "Stormtroopers are weenies"
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2007, 04:56:29 PM »
Just because it does not have the new sounds doesn't mean it shouldn't stop you from buying the saber.

True... it's the lack of new sounds, the small size and the reviewers saying it felt too much like plastic and didn't have enough weight are the things will stop me from buying it!

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2007, 05:25:54 PM »
Next to the Luke ROTJ the Yoda has the most distinct sound. Well, I hope Ultra can program in a pich on his new sound board to replicate Yoda's sound.  :-\
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline darthmaddy

• formerly known as Darth Malak
  • Master Force User
  • BATMAUL
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2007, 06:55:46 PM »
I don't see why anyone would complain about any FFX being too light.  The only thing the weight is going to do is make your arms tired when dueling.  I wish every saber was as light as the Luke ROTJ or the first version of the Anakin ROTS.
I'm not wearing hockey pads.

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2007, 08:05:26 PM »
Yes indeed, I can't wait to see the yoda fx by my door by the end of this week. It will make a fine addition to my fx collection.  ;)

Offline The Abbot

• Master of the Jar'Kai Style
  • Master Force User
  • Lajedi.com ,Force-Fx.com Founder
    • http://www.Force-Fx.com
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2007, 09:59:31 PM »
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! still don`t have mone :(:(:( >:(
LaserBlade:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laserblade/id608879483?mt=8

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2007, 11:46:23 PM »
well I guess that changed I just recevied a email from the postal service I'll getting mine by tomorrow. I can't wait, Man Master Kit Fisto, you should do some firing at the post office.  ;)

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
    • Here is my website, based on my comic book.
« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2007, 01:11:43 AM »
Incredible SLightSaber!;)
I guess I'll receive mine in a month;)

Offline Mojo_LA

• Force User
  • "Stormtroopers are weenies"
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2007, 02:00:36 AM »
That's one of the reasons I love the OBi Wan saber so much - the weight!  It feels solid, like a real hunk of metal in your hand that does something.

Sure, I can understand wanting  a lighter saber for doing tricks and stunts, but for getting my money's worth and picking up a Saber that looks and feels real, you just have to have some weight to it!

Offline The Abbot

• Master of the Jar'Kai Style
  • Master Force User
  • Lajedi.com ,Force-Fx.com Founder
    • http://www.Force-Fx.com
« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2007, 07:57:59 AM »
well I guess that changed I just recevied a email from the postal service I'll getting mine by tomorrow. I can't wait, Man Master Kit Fisto, you should do some firing at the post office.  ;)

No its was not DHLs fault,I was given the Yoda by MR for helping them out with something.
But I had mis understood that I was going to get it right away.
God knows when I will get it,all I got from them was him telling me the order is in the system.. :(
Really messed my week up..

I have for the last 5 MR sabers made sure to find a way to get one right when they come out,no matter what..
People come to expect that force-fx.com will have a video review the day something comes out.
I have got a ton of email this week.

I wish I would have known I was not going to get mine right away so I could have made the necessary attempts to get a Yoda the day it dropped.. 

That's one of the reasons I love the OBi Wan saber so much - the weight!  It feels solid, like a real hunk of metal in your hand that does something.

Sure, I can understand wanting  a lighter saber for doing tricks and stunts, but for getting my money's worth and picking up a Saber that looks and feels real, you just have to have some weight to it!

Well if you had a real lightsaber the blade would just be light and weigh nothing.
So the lighter the saber the more realistic to the idea of a real lightsaber.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 08:08:03 AM by KIT FISTO »
LaserBlade:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laserblade/id608879483?mt=8

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2007, 09:31:44 AM »
Yes, and if you had a REAL lightsaber with the blade being made of light, hence being weightless, it would be more difficult to perform some of the saber spins and tricks that are done.

Considering some of the spins rely on centrifigul motion, which is aided by a "weight" further out from the center (the blade) of the focus of the rotation (your hand).    :D

Offline darthmaddy

• formerly known as Darth Malak
  • Master Force User
  • BATMAUL
« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2007, 10:36:58 AM »
I always explained the spinning of weightless blades as the Force in action. ;D
I'm not wearing hockey pads.

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2007, 12:15:09 PM »
the blade of the lightsaber encounters a certain amount of resistance from the air that it passes through as you swing it around the room, (like waving a paddle through water), so that would give it the "feel" of weight as you swing it around.

(I know that doesn't explain inertia but hey I tried)  :-\
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2007, 01:58:23 PM »
Wedge, I honestly don't think you can compare the mass/weight of a paddle (something with substantial mass/weight) to that of a "light/laser" weapon (something with negligible mass/weight).  LOL...

That's comparing apples to oranges...LOL

I'm pretty confident that the amount of weight that would be caused by a lightsaber blade would be hardly anything.  But, I'll go to my Physics professor tomorrow and see what he thinks. 

Interesting to theorize however.

I personally think waving a flashlight around would be more comparable than a paddle in water.   :D

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2007, 02:06:12 PM »
By the way this is a tad off subject.... but I caught a video on YouTube saying someone suggesting that people leave the stickers on their FX sabers for "valueness" or something like that.  I mean seriously who here really leaves the stickers (the on and off stickers, and turn here to take out the battery one) on their FX sabers?

I for one certainly do not.  I think they look cheesy with the stickers on and depending on the saber they get in the way.  I bought the sabers to mess around with from time to time, not to resell later.

retrousse