fiduciary

Author Topic: The FIRST YODA force-fx review by YODA  (Read 59869 times)

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
Re: The FIRST YODA force-fx review by YODA
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2007, 12:25:27 PM »
Good review, Master Yoda. However, it appears that it will not sell well if it lacks the proper sound. I mean, I am tempted to not even purchase this one unless it has the proper sounds.  I mean, let's face. Master Replicas is supposed to be just that. MASTER REPLICAS. They are supposed to be the most accurate and a pinacle of all these products in the market. I feel that the majority of the FX fans are fed up with the tedious rehashment of the sound boards. I know am. I also believe that in order to make money, one has to spend money. Greed is a bad motivator if it is used through inferiority. (Meaning, let's get as much money as we can and sacrifice the product. We can always say it was faulty.) I know that I wouldn't want a bullet-proof vest that would not withstand the caliber rating it was set at, just to fill their pockets.

Also, Colbalt, in regards to creating the belts, $300 is WAY too much for a CE-style belt set. I mean, there are Internet companies who sell excellent belt sets for a third of that price. And they are VERY WELL MADE. I know because I own one and it withstood a good amount of punishment when my bro and I went at it with the sabers. My motto has always been, "Go hard or GO HOME!".

;D

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2007, 01:01:51 PM »
Also, Colbalt, in regards to creating the belts, $300 is WAY too much for a CE-style belt set. I mean, there are Internet companies who sell excellent belt sets for a third of that price. And they are VERY WELL MADE. I know because I own one and it withstood a good amount of punishment when my bro and I went at it with the sabers. My motto has always been, "Go hard or GO HOME!".

;D

well just so you know where I'm coming from..   I just bought one of these for $150  *shrug*   

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Anakin-Style-Jedi-Costume-Belt-Pouches-Prop_W0QQitemZ260074662906QQihZ016QQcategoryZ999

(and yeah I've seen cheaper belts on Ebay too but I've never seen better quality than this. 
I would imagine an MR belt to be as good (or better) than this one, quality-wise)

---> if it came with a CE saber..   I'd pay $300
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline Jedi Kure

• Experienced Force User
  • And you will learn your place young one.
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2007, 01:48:53 PM »
Great Job as always Master Yoda!  I can't imagine how that felt to hold the yoda ffx after bringing your own prototype to there attention and finally seeing a neer-finished product made. I can only see great things for MR's with Yoda on the team. (not saying that they don't do a great job now)

The Yoda FFX looks amazing and I too am glad I got in on the group order  ;D
The sounds don't really bother me "that much" as i mostly just display mine, but it would be great if they do get the new sounds for this saber as it is Master Yoda's and would start off a great year for 2007.

-Jedi Kure-

"This Weapon Is Your Life"

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2007, 03:13:56 PM »
TOO COOL!

Must have been a great time getting to go back to MR and chat about the future with the crew and man that Yoda saber looks sweet.  Glad that I got one coming to me on the group purchase (thanks sycor!)

I think this was the 1st ever FFX "prototype" review.

About the sounds, after what Bryan told me at SDCC they were gearing up to use the actual specific sounds for each saber and I hope they are able to do this starting with the Yoda.   Bryan knows thats what we all want so I know they are working on it.

No accurate sounds, no purchase by me. End. Of. Story. :-|

The only reason that I haven't gotten in on the group order is because I don't know if it will have the RIGHT sounds or not.

That, and my Yoda-made Luxeon V Graflex funding must come first, lol.  :P

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2007, 04:30:56 PM »
its gonna have standard jedi sounds. look if MR didnt do it to the Maul which had COMPLETELY different sounds than any other lightsaber....there not gonna do it to the yoda
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2007, 04:58:10 AM »
All speculation right now on the sounds. Until MR says something officialy or we get a review of an actual production model, I will reserve judgement on the purchase of this saber.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2007, 05:37:45 AM »
We shall all see when the first production model comes around if the sounds are different and how this new saber hold up to the previous one.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Jedi_Qaid

• Experienced Force User
  • My Ally Is The Force And A STRONG Ally It Is...
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2007, 07:24:36 AM »
We shall all see when the first production model comes around if the sounds are different and how this new saber hold up to the previous one.

This is true, since MR has an account here perhaps they'll heed the advice and comments we make...
My Collection

*Episode I*

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2007, 07:32:28 AM »
its gonna have standard jedi sounds.

No offense but how exactly do you know it will have the standard Jedi sounds?  Have you seen the final production hilt before any of us?  I'm guessing no... right now it's all speculation.  The only people who actually know are the people from Master Replicas.

Now I can see why the proto type has the standard Jedi sounds but they most likely changed the sound board for the final production hilt to the actual character sounds.  Like robiwon I plan just to wait until we get an actual review of the production version of this FX saber.  To me even if it has the standard Jedi sounds I will still get it but I'm not going to be just say, "Oh it's going to have the standard sounds" with out knowing for sure.

As I said no offense but that was a bit premature for you to say.

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2007, 09:05:45 AM »

;D

well just so you know where I'm coming from..   I just bought one of these for $150  *shrug*   

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Anakin-Style-Jedi-Costume-Belt-Pouches-Prop_W0QQitemZ260074662906QQihZ016QQcategoryZ999

(and yeah I've seen cheaper belts on Ebay too but I've never seen better quality than this. 
I would imagine an MR belt to be as good (or better) than this one, quality-wise)

---> if it came with a CE saber..   I'd pay $300

Not bad. Didn't see this one last year. A little pricey for the amount of items you get with it, but nice. I got my leather one for $50 cheaper and had more pouches and capsules with it. Shipping about the same I paid for mine.

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2007, 11:30:29 AM »
Yoda, not to be nit picky or anything, but since this is not a production run, off the line saber, shouldn't it be "Preview"?  :-*
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2007, 12:57:57 PM »
It is a review because everything is finalized exxcept for the sounds so what you see in the pictures
is representing the production models as far as it's looks go ;)

Again everyone...
Sound is something that MR knows to change BUT... all new things need Lucas approval.

There are a few things I know of I can't say anything about that are waiting for Lucas approval as well
so we will see.

MTFBWY
always
YODA

P.S.
I'm personally not worried about sound because the saber it's self is so different from the others with
the smaller size and thinner blade etc...
I also think once the thinner blade is tested with the Ultra Film we may even see a return to the
3/4 blades in the aftermarket simply to have a change from the 1inch blades we've been using for some time now.

I like both sizes and this smaller size is far more suited to one handed dueling/fencing so I see where it will
open up some new options for enthusiasts 8) especially if we can get a Sidious to go with it ;)

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• Formerly known as Lazbum
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I wish I had quotes as cool as Admiral Ackbar!
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2007, 01:06:40 PM »
I like the idea of the thinner blade, simply because if MR ever goes back to an old saber (or a new one)  They might be able to fix that fat neck issue a bit.

Thanks to Darth Nerdold for the sig!
Proud Owner of a Graflex V from Yoda!

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2007, 03:44:40 PM »
its gonna have standard jedi sounds.

No offense but how exactly do you know it will have the standard Jedi sounds?  Have you seen the final production hilt before any of us?  I'm guessing no... right now it's all speculation.  The only people who actually know are the people from Master Replicas.

Now I can see why the proto type has the standard Jedi sounds but they most likely changed the sound board for the final production hilt to the actual character sounds.  Like robiwon I plan just to wait until we get an actual review of the production version of this FX saber.  To me even if it has the standard Jedi sounds I will still get it but I'm not going to be just say, "Oh it's going to have the standard sounds" with out knowing for sure.

As I said no offense but that was a bit premature for you to say.

sorry you took what i said to heart, lol.....it's not that serious
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2007, 04:02:11 PM »
I like the idea of the thinner blade, simply because if MR ever goes back to an old saber (or a new one)  They might be able to fix that fat neck issue a bit.

That wpuld be awesome :D

Nothing Is Impossible

retrousse