fiduciary

Author Topic: Crystal Focus X (v10) specs, demo and discussion  (Read 96647 times)

Offline RavenXp

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Crystal Focus X (v10) specs, demo and discussion
« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2020, 10:57:41 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of how the Savi saber's work, different crystals with NFC chips would trigger different profiles.  I'll look over the board you linked, by share the bus of the OLED, I assume you mean the data lines that go to the OLED from the CFX (sorry, might be a basic question but I'm somewhat out of practice).

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2020, 11:23:07 PM »
yes, the NFC shares the SDA / SCL from the OLED, correct. Tangible font selection comes indeed in mind for that thing in addition of saber lock or magic ignition, that was the goal when I implemented this. Just needs maturity in the code.

Offline Reian

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2020, 01:24:59 AM »
First build and first post!

Quick question regarding the wiring. I tried to find in the manual if it is necessary to have an aux switch.

This is my first saber build and I'm putting electronics into a saberforge vanquish. With the curved design, there isn't an easy way to remove the chassis for charging without disassembling the entire thing.

So, I'd like to keep the 2.1mm recharge port in place of the aux switch area.

Does this sound do-able?

I have single switch support in my update / todo list. It should preserve as many aspects of the board interaction. Still, Spectrum for instance is designed around the combo of act + aux, and I don't know yet how well the single switch approach will work with this, combined with all the other features.

First Posting on this forum.

Like the OP of this question, I have an older Saberforge shoto I'm rebuilding that is very limited on space and the way it looks I won't be able to fit an aux switch in this saber. I noticed in the reply from Erv, there was a mention of an update for single switch support. Has there been an update on the CFX to support a single switch. I realize I may loose some of the functionality accessing certain menu options, blaster deflections, lockup etc and that's okay. I'm really looking to keep the install fairly basic but, still having the smooth swing.

thanks!

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2020, 06:21:23 AM »
It does support it, it is covered in the manual and in the changelog

Offline Reian

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #184 on: March 09, 2020, 12:13:25 AM »
It does support it, it is covered in the manual and in the changelog

Thanks so much for the reply Erv, I downloaded the most recent manual and I had looked through the change log but, obviously I missed it in both places, my bad. Thank you for the confirmation.

Reian

Offline JonKClark

• No Force
  • Just a guy looking to make saber stuff!
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2020, 05:54:40 AM »
Hello,

I am very interested in the Bluetooth capabilities and I was wondering if there is any news on the Android App for this? I did a quick search and did not see anything.

Thanks,
Jon
Remember: Han shot first!
Jedi Atu'karek

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2020, 06:40:50 AM »
Hello,
I am very interested in the Bluetooth capabilities and I was wondering if there is any news on the Android App for this? I did a quick search and did not see anything.

progressing a great deal during confinement, hope for beta soon

Offline JonKClark

• No Force
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2020, 08:37:11 AM »
Hello,

progressing a great deal during confinement, hope for beta soon

Erv,

I cannot wait.. I am ordering the BT909 to use with R.I.C.E. remotely anyway and this would be a great new feature :)

Thanks
Jon
Jedi Atu'karek

Offline JonKClark

• No Force
« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2020, 03:17:11 AM »
I had one more question I see in the wiring diagram you need a latching switch. Is it really necessary or is this just to prevent draining the battery with the Bluetooth on if you hooked it to auxiliary power.

Thanks again,
 Jon
Jedi Atu'karek

Offline Mister_TSquared

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #189 on: May 25, 2020, 03:34:36 PM »
Erv: fantastic job on this board.

Does anyone know where I would purchase a rumble motor compatible with the Crystal Focus X, and where on the board would I solder the relevant connections?

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2020, 11:17:39 PM »
you can hook it up to L4 power driver and use the color profiles to control it. In the case of using a ledstrip, use strippower=1110 to free driver #4 so that it reflect the color profile channel 4 as PWM to drive your motor (allows for controlling motor speed between normal and lockup for instance, based on color profiles)

Offline ScionOfTheCircleOfNine

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #191 on: September 06, 2020, 02:41:27 PM »
Recently got my hands on this board and I'm getting together the final bits and pieces to proceed with my build but have run into an issue I've been trying to solve for sometime now. I figured this was the best discussion to field this question and its about switches for auxiliary.

For my NBV4 build, I used this as the power button but if I'm not mistaken read elsewhere that it wouldn't be a good idea for an Aux switch in my next saber upgrade with the CFX.
https://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Black-momentary-switch-P558.aspx

I'm hoping someone can steer me into the right direction because I'm working on some cram-fu when it comes to the chassis I'm building, and want to take as full advantage of the features as I can with this next setup. If this switch is fine to use or requires a little tweaking thats fine, or if there is a similar low-profile switch I can use I'm open to it. Once we get to a switch as big as a 12mm one that's the limit of what can clear in my build.

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #192 on: September 06, 2020, 06:40:13 PM »
That switch is perfectly fine to use as an Aux switch on a CFX.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline Darkmatter73

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2020, 12:39:25 AM »
If space is an issue, use something like this.
Dual Micro Tactile Switch Assembly v2 | Etsy

Darkmatter73

Offline TechoMancer

• No Force
  • You don't know the power of the dark side...
« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2021, 10:18:10 PM »
Hey all.  Lurkin' for a while and decided to finally register.

Just a couple of quick questions:

I downloaded fw v10.005I-stable-14-02-2021 and searched the change log for "pixel", "accent" and "sequence" but didn't find what I was looking for.

Has neopixel sequencing been implemented yet (I'm guessing it would work similar to the led pad sequencing)?  If so, is there a sample set-up somewhere (the latest manual actually has a page titled "Pixel accent sequencer [WIP – place holder]", but it's blank.  :tongue:

Thanx in advance.

retrousse