fiduciary

Author Topic: Crystal Focus X (v10) specs, demo and discussion  (Read 96685 times)

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
Re: Crystal Focus X (v10) specs, demo and discussion
« Reply #165 on: February 01, 2020, 03:13:52 AM »
I have a minor issue (I'm using 10.004b): I've configured a blade profile with focb=0 with the intention of disabling the FoC on blaster - however the FoC still happens when triggering a blaster block (in line with the bolt timings which are still configured). Am I missing something?

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2020, 03:27:13 AM »
I'll check in a minute (and fix if I can before releasing 10.004D and call it "stable", because overall it's a strong fw even if I have lot on my plate to bring new things to that board).
Is that for a HB blade build or ledstrip ? (I could guess you're building a spectre6 ?)

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
« Reply #167 on: February 01, 2020, 03:31:49 AM »
I'll check in a minute (and fix if I can before releasing 10.004D and call it "stable", because overall it's a strong fw even if I have lot on my plate to bring new things to that board).
Is that for a HB blade build or ledstrip ? (I could guess you're building a spectre6 ?)

Sorry - should have noted that it's an HB LED saber - haven't tested on NP (but could). Actually it's a Game of Thrones font on a customised 'Nord Steel' GCS Badaxx - the font has blasters which are more effects than blasters so would work better without the FoC  :smiley:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 03:34:05 AM by MikeyX »

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #168 on: February 01, 2020, 04:50:44 AM »
that's indeed a good point. Disabling clash and blaster FoC on those was actually implemented for "steel sword" sound font from novastar.

thank you for catching this, looking up in the code I had a clash Fx triggered for the blade (in HB mode) instead of proper BlasterFx method called, that's why the focb flash wasn't processed.
Seems to work now and fix will be part of 10.004D

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
« Reply #169 on: February 01, 2020, 06:47:06 AM »
that's indeed a good point. Disabling clash and blaster FoC on those was actually implemented for "steel sword" sound font from novastar.

thank you for catching this, looking up in the code I had a clash Fx triggered for the blade (in HB mode) instead of proper BlasterFx method called, that's why the focb flash wasn't processed.
Seems to work now and fix will be part of 10.004D

Fantastic - thanks, looking forward to it.

I have Novastars Steel Sword on there as well. Also used some of the sounds from it as temps for my home brew Witcher font before sampling Witcher ones directly. All of them will benefit from the focb fix  :smiley:

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #170 on: February 01, 2020, 06:59:03 AM »
you might want to try 10.004D I just published and let me know if that works for you. I marked this version as "stable", I'll start working on a new beta tomorrow with some of the todo list that is pending, but for now, I have house duties to finish, jedi costume to pack and tools to put back to storage !

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
« Reply #171 on: February 01, 2020, 09:15:51 AM »
you might want to try 10.004D I just published and let me know if that works for you. I marked this version as "stable", I'll start working on a new beta tomorrow with some of the todo list that is pending, but for now, I have house duties to finish, jedi costume to pack and tools to put back to storage !

Thanks - just tested and focb=0 works fine on HB LED saber  :smiley:

However tested on NP saber and it doesn't seem to work - focb=0 and it is still flashing with blasters I think.

On the plus side the ability to put the saber into deep sleep manually is one of those dull sounding but incredibly useful features!  :smiley:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:21:52 AM by MikeyX »

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #172 on: February 01, 2020, 09:28:21 AM »
For ledstrip, you need to select blaster_style 0 (disabled). Remote Deep sleep is nice indeed (I though, at least IMHO). Mass storage remote access is a plus too !

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
« Reply #173 on: February 01, 2020, 09:34:04 AM »
For ledstrip, you need to select blaster_style 0 (disabled). Remote Deep sleep is nice indeed (I though, at least IMHO). Mass storage remote access is a plus too !

Ah - thanks! Sorry missed that!

Offline JediJesseS

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #174 on: February 05, 2020, 10:02:33 AM »
Reading the change log this morning for the new firmware and I saw that the random mode for poweron I mentioned earlier had been implemented! Thank you Erv for taking the time to interact with us so directly and the swift updates and support. Not many other developers can say the same. You are very much appreciated!

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #175 on: February 05, 2020, 10:10:46 AM »
Reading the change log this morning for the new firmware and I saw that the random mode for poweron I mentioned earlier had been implemented! Thank you Erv for taking the time to interact with us so directly and the swift updates and support. Not many other developers can say the same. You are very much appreciated!

NP, my pleasure. I would usually just put things on the (never ending) todo list and implement when I have a chance. Now that I have a proper structure, it's actually quite easy to add parameters or modify profiles but it still takes time when it comes to update RICE as well. For the power on modes, I took the time to ponder how to do it, not really "code-wise" because it's not difficult, but rather to avoid adding another parameter, and just extend one instead, reduced headaches for users.

Offline TomatoDog

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2020, 08:10:15 PM »
Is it possible to control CFX with a single button on my saber?

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2020, 01:32:24 AM »
yes

Offline RavenXp

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2020, 10:11:35 AM »
Hey erv, any chance of getting ahold of how you have that NFC reader set up on the CFX in the video on page one of this thread?  Wiring diagram, anything.  I really want to attempt to pursue setting this up with a CFX but need a base to start with on how it would be wired into the CFX and set up.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2020, 12:04:34 AM »
my bad, I recall your first message and missed the opportunity to answer.
The CFX has support for the NXP PN532 chip to read NFC, wired in I2C, like this board. It can work along with the OLED display on the same bus.
PN532 NFC/RFID controller breakout board [v1.6] ID: 364 - .95 : Adafruit

The issue is that currently, I didn't have time to write a dynamic / configurable ID system for this. Not difficult, but I just did that for the demo. I look forward implementing saber lock/unlock and messages (OLED / UI sounds) like in the demo. I only have 2 hardwired IDs in the code right now, it just needs to be made dynamic in a config file (like specials.txt)

The current fw *does* print out a successful read of NFC tag though, so if you hook a reader to it, you should be able to see it in the logs (use slow boot, it's at the very beginning of the logs, along with detecting the OLED), then perform reading with tags and see it in the serial console
[edit] currently it doesn't work along with the display (changes needed)

I'll try to tackle this again, I have to finalize the new batch of thermal detonators and sonics, plus a freelance work for a designer before I can have again saber time. Doing all those things this week to free up some time for next week.

retrousse