fiduciary

Author Topic: Crystal Focus X (v10) specs, demo and discussion  (Read 96652 times)

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Crystal Focus X (v10) specs, demo and discussion
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2019, 09:36:22 PM »
Hey @erv  !  What type of USB connector is that on the CF-X?

micro USB

Offline Ridire Fíréan

• Force User
  • Up&down&around the bend a Jedi's story never ends
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2019, 10:26:14 PM »

Offline Mersenne

• Master Force User
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2019, 02:49:09 AM »
micro USB     (micro USB didn't have any "type" in their naming, whilst there was a micro UAB A and micro USB B, though nearly always micro USB B is referred to as micro USB)

type-B and type-C, these are totally different to micro USB
it's all Elemental

Offline DrunkenDuck

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2019, 01:10:28 PM »
First build and first post!

Quick question regarding the wiring. I tried to find in the manual if it is necessary to have an aux switch.

This is my first saber build and I'm putting electronics into a saberforge vanquish. With the curved design, there isn't an easy way to remove the chassis for charging without disassembling the entire thing.

So, I'd like to keep the 2.1mm recharge port in place of the aux switch area.

Does this sound do-able?

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2019, 09:56:09 PM »
I have single switch support in my update / todo list. It should preserve as many aspects of the board interaction. Still, Spectrum for instance is designed around the combo of act + aux, and I don't know yet how well the single switch approach will work with this, combined with all the other features.

Offline DrunkenDuck

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2019, 09:30:59 AM »
I have single switch support in my update / todo list. It should preserve as many aspects of the board interaction. Still, Spectrum for instance is designed around the combo of act + aux, and I don't know yet how well the single switch approach will work with this, combined with all the other features.

Alright, I certainly am not intending to hinder the functionality and/or limit the interactivity with the board, but since I'm new to all this, in trying to figure out the best option to be able to fit an aux switch while still retaining an easy way to charge without completely disassembling the hilt each time. Hmmm...

Offline Sligs78

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2019, 01:36:33 PM »
Does the CFX have volume adjustment, as in using the buttons to change the volume?

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2019, 09:43:00 PM »
Does the CFX have volume adjustment, as in using the buttons to change the volume?

That menu option is being coded this week, now that the USB mass storage driver is finished and stable.

Offline crowtor

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2019, 04:23:23 AM »
@erv
is CFx open source? Can I add functionality to it myself? I'd like to have an ambient light sensor dictate how bright the blade is, so its equally bright in day/night. If not I thought I'll just use a 'duino to run the blade and CFx to run the sounds. I'd definitely prefer to use just one board, yours.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 12:33:56 PM by crowtor »

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2019, 03:27:00 PM »
Just an update on the latching switch issue I noted earlier in the thread.

I've now successfully completed 5 CFX installs - 4 in hilt LED and 1 NeoPixel. Loving the board - so many options and features to play with  :grin:

I still have the issue with the latching switch saber though: with switch=1, and ond=0 if you turn the switch on then the saber does not respond. switch it back off again and the saber ignites, completes the poweron sound, and then powers straight back off again with the poweroff sound. I tried building a test rig on the bench with one of the boards I had before I installed it in another saber - this used a different type of latching switch (but still one that is open when off and closed when on) - it exhibited the same behaviour. When turning the switch on (closing the circuit) it seams to treat it like a momentary switch (i.e. it waits for me to release the switch again), and so when I turn it back off (open) it ignites. Then it changes and treats it like a latching switch again and thinks 'oh the circuit is open - I need to power down'.

If I set the switch parameter to 2 then I can make the saber work by switching on and then off again (i.e. tricking into thinking it is a momentary switch).

I'm totally stuck trying to resolve this - am I missing something, or is this a known issue?

All the other boards went in without issue (the others are all momentary switches).

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2019, 09:54:30 PM »
I will definitely look at it. Since a lot of case forks went into the code (double click for tracks, menu selection) I might have glitched the latching switch support. I'll see if I can find something obvious and correct it ! Since you are using it, I might just compile a fw quickly and send it to you for testing before releasing the fix !

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2019, 10:51:37 PM »
I will definitely look at it. Since a lot of case forks went into the code (double click for tracks, menu selection) I might have glitched the latching switch support. I'll see if I can find something obvious and correct it ! Since you are using it, I might just compile a fw quickly and send it to you for testing before releasing the fix !

Thanks for the quick reply Erv - it's still possible that I'm doing something stupid, but I've run out of ideas!

Happy to test if you find something and want me to try a fix - let me know. :smiley:

Offline bridgeb3

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2019, 06:40:22 PM »
This is also my first build and I'm trying to use a CFX board with a neopixel blade. I'm building a Roman MK1 with the Rudy Pando Crystal Chamber and I am worried about wiring the board and getting it into the chassis since it is my first build. Any things or tips I should know? And is there anything out there that is helpful on how to wire this thing?

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2019, 09:54:21 PM »
For your crystal chamber, i suggest using the accent pads #5 to #8, that offers the most versatility in terms of blade mirroring, pulsing and sequencing

Offline Atapoti

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2019, 08:29:34 AM »
I'm running into some issues when trying to use the shifted delay (tridentfx=1) on the CFX with a neopixel set up. The main blade ignites fine and within the tridenton time duration. However, only a few of the neopixels (3 or 4) light up on the quillions as if the saber isn't finishing the blade scrolling.

I tried various time settings for tridenton, qon, tridentquick, but it always seems to results in only a few neopixels on the quillion igniting, while the main blade is fully lit. The poweron sound file is about 1 second long and I've tried to set the above variables to between 100ms and 500ms. On a few occasion I had the saber even freeze completely.

The Simple Delay (tridentfx=0) works as described most of the of the time, with the main blade and side blades fully igniting within the given parameters, but only if there is a difference greater than 100ms between qon and tridenton. If that difference is less, the same issue as above occurs.

I am able to get it working with the simple delay, but I 'd love to know if there some way to get the shifted delay working with neopixel.

retrousse