fiduciary

Author Topic: So how do you like the new Battlefront?  (Read 4361 times)

Offline Drewbacca

• Padawan Learner
  • Fly Casual
So how do you like the new Battlefront?
« on: February 21, 2016, 12:28:15 PM »
Now that it has been out for a while... what do ya think?? I've only played it a few times at my friends dorm since I don't have a new gen system.
Fly Casual.

Offline highflyer

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Re: So how do you like the new Battlefront?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 12:53:30 PM »
played it one day, got bored already, used the ea refund system to get my money back.

I really really really hope they make a proper star wars game with that engine. I miss the Jedi Knight (Dark Forces) series so much. Imagine something like that with THOSE graphics...

Offline Drewbacca

• Padawan Learner
  • Fly Casual
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 09:07:08 AM »
played it one day, got bored already, used the ea refund system to get my money back.

I really really really hope they make a proper star wars game with that engine. I miss the Jedi Knight (Dark Forces) series so much. Imagine something like that with THOSE graphics...

I do agree that the graphics were breathtaking in Battlefront but it was more adjusted to sell to the mass market so therefore it was developed the way it is. I would love to play Jedi Knights if they were to come out with a new one.
Fly Casual.

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 04:08:15 PM »
Still takin the Xwings and Walkers out for a spin daily. I feel like the game has evolved a bit better in the last couple of updates, and hopefully it will continue to grow as further updates and this month's expansion drops.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline Wickedreamz

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 05:15:15 PM »
Its ok for what it is. I think they need more ships to fly like the b-wing or y-wing

Offline darklordkasim

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 02:46:17 PM »
I think this game is really good. At the end of the day, it is an FPS however while playing it you really do feel like you're immersed in the star wars universe. The developers have done a brilliant job of bringing the locations to life. I do however agree that a few more ships would have added more depth to the game as well as the addition of space battles which I hope they will add as DLC!
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Offline Jdubs

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 09:40:18 AM »
I liked it a lot, but it kinda got old quick.  I was bummed when they nerfed a few things too.

Offline noyl wendor

• Master Force User
    • waypointsabers
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 12:17:23 PM »
Bad. Just played the Bespin DLC....today.....for an hour. Did I mention it was bad? I'm a SW just like everyone else here. I feel kinda of robbed. I purchased the DLC, its good I did not have many expectations for this new chapter of the game.
 Now I'll be even more precise, the game itself, graphics, music, game modes, weapons, ships all the like. Are great. It is however my thought that the company who made the game, responsible for DLC, and servers. Needs to listen more when the people who paid them money say things like "improve your servers" or "nerf the OP pistols" rather than perpetuating a game that says its for the "Casual gamer" when (IMO) seems to cater to those with better internet (the usual with any multiplayer game) higher gamer scores (usually the people with better internet and lots of time on their hands) and a close proximity to the server base. Pretty sure its located on the west coast, as I've observed many at the top of the list repeatedly hail from a west coast region.
 As for me. I logged off only an hour ago. Not sure if at all I will log back onto that game. Its a good thing I have other hobbies and things to do  :wink: :smiley: 
"I don't deal in exotic weapons"

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 12:27:43 PM »
Really? I thought the Bespin DLC was a great addition to the game, while the Deathstar was a bit lacking in content IMO. Yeah, BWings/YWings and TIE Bombers/Defenders are neat and all, and Chewy and Bossk rock, but only 1 level split into 3 parts and separate modes... Scarif looks like a solid promising out for this one, though, so long as they include a Jedha and Yavin IV map for some variety.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline anakin2000

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 02:05:16 PM »
I thought that the Bespin DLC was solid, and I actually liked the Death Star a lot. I still dislike though how certain maps and other things that were previously part of the game are now DLC. Plus, for me, not being too acquainted with FPS this game is really hard to play online, because you get eaten alive by people who play these games all day long and the offline play is also pretty restricted.

Battlefront II all day over this one

Offline MusicallyInspired

• No Force
    • BrandonBlume.com - Music Inspired
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 09:22:07 AM »
My sister and I played for a bit before she started school and had no time left for games. It's not the best game ever. But it looks and sounds spectacular. But now what's the point anyway seeing that Battlefront EA 2 is coming out relatively soon?

SHADOW'S BANE
Planned:
-Powder coating/Enamel
Would be nice someday:
-Sleeve
-Etching design
-Case

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 12:09:42 PM »
I'm glad I waited then got a really good deal on it, but it's still just kind of boring.  Without a story to play through or a regular gaming circle it doesn't really have much to call me back to it.  I've put in a few hours on several days that didn't have much else going on.

To be honest, building lightsabers and other tinkering of the like has pretty much taken over the time I might have spent playing games.  Leveling up real level skills is far more satisfying.  Much like Destiny (which I put cumulative days of time in), the prospect of a new Battlefront doesn't do much to excite me.  I would be really excited for a KOTOR type game.  It seems unlikely they would give a game designer the reigns for a core arc story line, but that would be much more compelling then what amounts to little more than digital cosplay. Really looking forward to ME Andromeda.

Offline Sawyer

• Padawan Learner
  • Hi there! Have you ever heard the tragedy of...
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 10:49:58 AM »
I think the game is great- but only if you have a group of friends to do it with. Playing the game solo online is fun, but it gets stale eventually. I think the game sort of limits itself by not having a competitive area of play.

Deathstar DLC was a blast, however! :)

Offline darklordkasim

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 02:47:41 PM »
What does everyone think of the Scarif DLC, I really like the whole infiltration mode. Feels like you are actually playing through scenes from Rogue One!

I also think Krenic and Jyn are great characters to play as both are really individual and fun.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

retrousse