fiduciary

Author Topic: Trouble sending PMs?  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
Trouble sending PMs?
« on: August 31, 2014, 03:35:33 PM »
Anyone else having trouble? I keep getting a white page saying "Service Unavailable" due to "504 Gateway Timeout - webserver not responding".

I tried both on my Wi-Fi and on my LTE connection, so it seems to be something with the forum itself. It could be something with the member I am sending the message to, but that seems unlikely?

Master Finariel, if you are reading this I am trying to send you a PM, lol.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
Re: Trouble sending PMs?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 04:13:29 PM »
Thanks for letting us know Vercify.  We will look into it.  If anyone else is having the same trouble, let us know.  Vercify, what browser are you using?

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 04:40:11 PM »
No problem!

I am currently in Chrome, both on my iPhone and on my macbook! I don't really use any other browser, and have not had issues with Chrome before outside of some (likely) unrelated image hosting issues. 

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 04:41:49 PM »
Thanks.  It is helpful to have that information just in case VADER needs to know for trouble shooting 8).

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Wildcard

• Master Force User
  • This is an ex-parrot.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 05:12:39 PM »
Hrmm...unless something was fixed between then and now, PM's are working fine for me. I was able to send a test PM to Vercify, view my sent PM, etc., etc. I can also see all of my previous PM's. (Via wired-eth0, PC --> Chrome Version 36.0.1985.143)

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 05:14:37 PM »
Thanks.  It is helpful to have that information just in case VADER needs to know for trouble shooting 8).

Definitely :)

As stated above, I just received and replied to a PM from Wildcard and we are both using Chrome. I then tried to contact Master Finariel again and am running into the same issue of the PM not sending/the server not responding... I wonder why that is?

So i guess it seems to be an issue just between Master Finariel and I, or at least something wrong on his end. Can someone else try messaging him, maybe?

Offline Wildcard

• Master Force User
  • This is an ex-parrot.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 05:22:28 PM »

Definitely :)

As stated above, I just received and replied to a PM from Wildcard and we are both using Chrome. I then tried to contact Master Finariel again and am running into the same issue of the PM not sending/the server not responding... I wonder why that is?

So i guess it seems to be an issue just between Master Finariel and I, or at least something wrong on his end. Can someone else try messaging him, maybe?

Odd...I was able to message Master Finariel without any issues, (still via Chrome.)

"Your message has been sent successfully.
Testing PM « Sent to: Master Finariel on: Today at 04:20:25 PM »"

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 05:25:59 PM »
Weird, I just got a message through to him as well, but not the original one I have been trying to send. When i put in image links to photobucket it seems to not be sending for some reason.

Update: It was definitely something within the content of my message that was causing issues, specifically something about the 5 photobucket linked images I was attempting to put in. Idk if the coding in one or more of them was off or if it was just too much data for one message, but we are exchanging PMs now sans images without an issue.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:58:18 PM by Vercify »

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 06:21:26 PM »
Yeah something weird is up with the site or with the pix MF is posting. It was around 4-5PM EST     
I could not see them earlier now the show extra big.

The post under that the fonts are small too. Maybe it was the setting of his fonts.
Scratch the small font thing. It's the pix so big they shrink the surrounding text.

One other post did the same early too.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 06:24:20 PM by Darkjedi »

Offline Master Finariel

• Force User
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 10:50:47 PM »
Yeah something weird is up with the site or with the pix MF is posting. It was around 4-5PM EST     
I could not see them earlier now the show extra big.

The post under that the fonts are small too. Maybe it was the setting of his fonts.
Scratch the small font thing. It's the pix so big they shrink the surrounding text.

One other post did the same early too.

Yeah, I took the pictures with my phone, put them on Photobucket, and they came out uber big, causing the text to appear small. I am able to see them though. I'll try looking at the thread on my computer and see if it has problems.
"Loss of time brings least pleasure to the wise."

Offline DARTH VADER

• SMF tech support
  • Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
    • Turtle Shell Productions
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 04:21:36 AM »
yeah....   there seems to be some sort of issue going on with content posted from photobucket...   

Can someone please send me a PM of the exact embed code that they are using (use the CODE BBC tags to make it not process the code, so it doesn't trigger the effect))

retrousse