fiduciary

Author Topic: Can we do a fundraiser to update the FX-SABERS hardware?  (Read 1595 times)

Offline hedgehog1

• Simply Red, standing by
  • Force User
  • Never going to grow up.
Can we do a fundraiser to update the FX-SABERS hardware?
« on: April 29, 2013, 11:38:07 AM »
The technical issues with this wonderful forum are getting worse and worse.  I believe that the current hardware the forum is running on is simply swamped with the level of activity we are asking of it.

Is it possible to organize a fundraiser to update the hardware so the forum can run fast (and hopefully more reliable) again?

I am thinking is a trusted Mod representing the owner of the system could setup a pay-pal account for this purpose (or something like this) we can contribute based on our current financial situation and get  some shiny new hardware that hums along running the forum...

Offline shef

• Experienced Force User
Re: Can we do a fundraiser to update the FX-SABERS hardware?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 11:45:24 AM »
I am only moderately active on this forum, but I've been around for few years.  I've sold a couple things, and when I did, I always contributed to the forum a percentage of sales to help support it.  But, if there's nothing in the rules that says you cannot donate to the forum whenever you like.  If you would like to make a donation, and have it be assigned to upgrades, do so with PayPal, and express your wishes in the comments field.

Here's a link to the Forum Donations & You thread.

“The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”
US Prophecy V2 w/ Petit Crouton 1.5
 VV 'Ocassus' inspired MHS w/ CF v6.1

Offline hedgehog1

• Simply Red, standing by
  • Force User
  • Never going to grow up.
Re: Can we do a fundraiser to update the FX-SABERS hardware?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 05:15:48 PM »
Thanks for the link, shef!

That was what I needed.  I made a donation to help out, and now I feel  better!

retrousse