fiduciary

Author Topic: "Kratos" A Custom MHS Based Petit Croutonâ„¢ Powered Saber  (Read 8669 times)

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
"Kratos" A Custom MHS Based Petit Croutonâ„¢ Powered Saber
« on: February 11, 2013, 09:05:11 AM »
Kratos
~Vigor of Spirit~

Hey Saberfans,

I’m very excited to show you a brand new custom off the Calvary Custom Sabers’ bench. This saber is MHS based and was commissioned by Johannes H. Of the FX sabers Forum. This design started as a thumbnail sketch which was submitted to me on a page of numerous designs. Johannes told me to pick one, so I choose this.

From there we developed the design to incorporate the feel of a truly functional weapon. Using aggressive and flowing shrouds, little features like a faux safety piece, and an uber low profile custom box, we came up with the render below. He created the render. I have nowhere near those 3D skillz...

From there it was simply a matter of getting the saber made. In building the saber it was made clear he did not want a “fresh off the bench” look to the saber. He wanted something which looked used, but also cared for and regularly cleaned. Like a good gun, it will eventually gain weathering, but also be clean and perfectly functional. So, I attempted to naturally weather each piece as I worked with it in the shop. You’ll have to tell me how I did.

This saber would not be what it is had it not been for the incredible custom machining work of TCSS. Tim machined the spiral vents in the middle of the saber, milled out spaces for the bargraph and Faux safety switch, AND did some custom machining on the BH. Thanks TCSS for helping in make an incredible piece. The Powdercoating was done by myself, and the color is black chrome. This is a beautiful color and looks especially nice on this hilt if I do say so myself. ;)

This saber is powered by the Plecterlabs Petit Crouton™ 2.0, which is driving the LEDengine 10W BBBB with two Dies wired in series. The config file is setup to remove all flickering and shimmering of the blade, as requested by Johannes. This is a cool reminder of just how versatile the PC is and how it can be adapted to any user’s desire.

So, with all of that being said, here are some official specs for Kratos
- 100% TCSS MHS based original design with large amounts of custom Machining by Tim of TheCustomSaberShop.
- Black Chrome Powder-coating
- Low Profile Box made from TCSS Grip sleeve material. Props to eastern57 for that idea.
- Custom Cut and Weathered Shrouds.
- Faux Safety switch made from raw aluminum bar and lots of filing.
- Petit Crouton v2.0 w/ Nightstorm’s “Tranquility” Soundfont.
- Custom made 7 segment Blue Bar-graph
- 840mah 14500 Li-ion Pack
- 12mm Blue ring AV switch
- 2W MegaBass Speaker

VIDEO:

Glam pics, cause that's what you really want to see. ;)

Thanks for checking it out.  8)

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
Re: "Kratos" A Custom MHS Based Petit Croutonâ„¢ Powered Saber
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 09:21:14 AM »
holy smokes. wow, you are getting better and better.

to me, my honest opinion, this is like the best MHS saber i have ever seen. to me. 

like seriously. design of the year, for sure, 2013 design of the year.

very nice man, very very nice.

Offline ScrimpyPIE

• Experienced Force User
  • Guardian's Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 09:34:53 AM »
 :o :o :o That's freaking awesome! Reminds me of a VV "Aggressive Negotations" saber but still quite unique as well. Very well done, SV! Kudos ;D
P.S. -I'm really diggin the 'safety', I've always thought that a weapon, especially one such as a lightsaber, would and should have a feature like that. We all know of that pesky 'someone' that would think it was fun I activate your saber while it's still hanging on your belt. ::) Anyway, I love it and great job!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:42:18 AM by ScrimpyPIE »
"Use the fork, Luke!"

"Are they friendly?" - Obi-wan Kenobi
"Depends... On how good your manners are;
and how big your  'pocket-book' is. - Dexter Jettster

Lightsaber collection-
US Raven
Mhs-based Luke RoTJ
Rebellion KotOR run x2
(Original: violet)
(Second-hand: sky blue)
OM/LDM Lego saber run
LDM Custom "Quobi"
GenesisCustom Ascend CF6 run
GenesisCustom Badaxx "Browncoat"
Personal saber "Illum" by Simpi-gon Sims
"Primum V2" by Darthvix/LDM

Offline Arryck Corso

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 10:45:09 AM »
Beautiful work on this SV.  This saber is simple and elegant.  And I love this emitter.  I've seen others use a similar design and it's just a cool looking emitter.  Definitely something I would love to see hangin off my belt.  Totally jealous of the new owner.  Congrats on an amazing build!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:36:43 PM by Arryck Corso »

The question isn't who is going to let me;  It's who is going to stop me!

Offline Ladyhawke

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 11:16:36 AM »
This is amazing  :O really wonderful job! Congrats to the new owner :)

Offline Subvirtua

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 11:26:22 AM »
Sweet hilt. Nice work.

Offline blackluc

• Master Force User
  • Lord Saevius
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 12:04:02 PM »
I was impatient to see this saber (I check your build log just for fun) and seriously... Wow, just wow!  Incredible saber

French Canadian Sith Lord

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 03:22:54 PM »
:o :o :o That's freaking awesome! Reminds me of a VV "Aggressive Negotations" saber but still quite unique as well. Very well done, SV! Kudos ;D
P.S. -I'm really diggin the 'safety', I've always thought that a weapon, especially one such as a lightsaber, would and should have a feature like that. We all know of that pesky 'someone' that would think it was fun I activate your saber while it's still hanging on your belt. ::) Anyway, I love it and great job!

Definitely. I like the safety switch idea too. I can see that, a mischevious padawan sneaks up on a jedi... phoosh. lol.  :D

holy smokes. wow, you are getting better and better.

to me, my honest opinion, this is like the best MHS saber i have ever seen. to me. 

like seriously. design of the year, for sure, 2013 design of the year.

very nice man, very very nice.

Thanks for your kind words Clark, I hardly think it is the best, but am very happy with the way it turned out.

I was impatient to see this saber (I check your build log just for fun) and seriously... Wow, just wow!  Incredible saber

Hm, I seem to have a stalker on my site... ;) JK, glad you like it, and hopefully I'll be able to turn out some sabers more quickly this spring.

And I appreciate all the compliments from everyone else. I really cannot take credit on the design, as Johannes did provide the inspiration. I merely made his render a reality, and was definitely fortunate to be able to do so.

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Kel Ardan

• Force User
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 04:25:24 PM »
This is fantastic!  It really feels like a working tool and not just a show piece great job!
No matter where you go, there you are!

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 08:07:22 AM »
I still say this is the best original design of 2013.

I cannot get over how beautiful this saber turned out.

Johannes H, if you ever get bored of this saber, let me know, LOL   :P

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 08:30:45 AM »
Nice job Austin.  I really dig this design.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline Feezle

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 08:37:34 AM »
OMG. Incredible.

Offline Greebles

• Formerly known as Codeweasel
  • Master Force User
  • “You must unlearn what you have learned.”
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 09:54:07 AM »
Excellent Saber!

I really like the shroud along with the various slots and cutout details. It gives this saber a level of visual complexity that resonates with me. Not overdone, just the right balance. :D

Great work!

Offline Turgon

• Master Force User
  • Epic Bear sez " Can I haz two?"
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 06:09:09 PM »
When I first saw this saber, I was indifferent.   Then, a day later, I was ambivalent. Now two days later,  I love it.   Tomorrow I will be plotting how to make it mine.  >:D

I've broken Juggers in half, smashed their bones, left the ground behind me wet with brains. There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

Offline Xene

• Master Force User
  • Sup?
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 06:31:19 PM »
Turgon, I think everyone who's,seen that is plotting the same thing ;)
"What I lack in finesse I more than make up for in blanket ruination.."

retrousse