fiduciary

Author Topic: I've just finished TFU  (Read 2830 times)

Offline blackluc

• Master Force User
  • Lord Saevius
I've just finished TFU
« on: December 22, 2012, 05:23:04 PM »
TFU was the first on my "to do list" of star wars games, to know more about the story.

The gameplay was horrible, it was full of bugs and a very frustrating game, but Starkiller?  wow!  I really loved everything about the plot and I can't wait to know what's in TFU II.

spoilers****

I can't believe he was able to crash a star destroyer with the force, that was awesome.  The ending, was great too.  He was good enough to beat Vader and the Emperor...  I think I have a new favorite character  :D

It was also really interesting to know that he is the one who started the rebellion.

French Canadian Sith Lord

Offline Scruffy Nerf Herder

• #1 supporter of Jar Jar for EPVII main lead character
  • Master Force User
Re: I've just finished TFU
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 05:27:15 PM »
What console (or computer) did you play it on?  I had no issues with mine on PS3.  Did you get the Ultimate Sith Edition?  If not, you really need to play that as it gives an alternate ending depending on your choices.

About TFU II...it sucks...bad.  It doesn't add anything to the original story, I think the software company was riding on the coattails of the TFU's success that they pushed out a piece of garbage to make some more $$$.

If you want a bit more detail on the character, read the books by Sean Wiliams.  Not the best writer in the EU but the story is decent.

Offline The_Night

• Master Force User
  • "I have become your Nightmare"
    • Prestige Sabers
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 05:33:37 PM »
sadly i got to agree, TFU2 wasn't all that great. the game play is alright and fairly fun (i have it ps3) but the story just doesn't exist really and not much character growth. its really short as well, i beat it in one like 5 hour sitting. you can snag it pretty cheap these days though, so if you want grab a pre-owned copy from gamestop. itll run you bout 15 bucks, which is a decent price for the game (sadly i got it when it first came out  ::))

Starkiller is still probly my favorite character though  ;) plus the aesthetics of TFU2 are pretty awesome. great designs and maps
MR Vader ESB
MR Maul Staff- Converted
MFX Starkiller
KOTOR Clan Sabers

Offline EyeoftheRaven

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 05:45:12 PM »
I didn't think the gameplay was horrible in TFU.  I enjoyed the first game quite a lot, both its story and its gameplay.  It lacked polish, yes, but the force mechanics and saber combat were pretty compelling IMHO.  TFU II takes the gameplay even further, and I think the combat is better and fixes some of the "stuttering" from the first when you'd initiate some attacks.  The reason TFU II is overall a lesser game than the first, however, is due to the extremely short and unfulfilling story.  TFU 1 had a complete and epic tale, while TFU II had small story that ended without any real resolution.  I would like to see a TFU III as a result, though I know the series has a fair number of detractors who want to see it go away. 

Offline blackluc

• Master Force User
  • Lord Saevius
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 05:56:27 PM »
I have the sith edition, on PC.  And what do you mean by choices?  I did not have any choices to make  ???  EDIT*** Oh okay, just saw online that there's a choice to make at the ending

The game itself is really too repetitive, and it quickly gets boring.

The game mechanics are pretty bad and get frustrating.  Countless times I died for stupid reasons, due to how the game is made.  There's an enemy, he hits me, I fall, I get back on my feets but I don't have to do anything and I get hit again and fall again and again and again...  It really gets annoying.

At each boss, there was at least one bug that made me restart a few times.  The worst one was during the star destroyer part.  Almost everytime the ship was close to crashing, I couldn't make it move anymore.  I had to try 5-6 times.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 06:03:55 PM by blackluc »

Offline Scruffy Nerf Herder

• #1 supporter of Jar Jar for EPVII main lead character
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 06:48:22 PM »
Sounds like something inherent with the PC version as I had no such issues on PS3.  Have you checked to ensure you have the latest patch for it?

I agree the saber combat combos were much easier to pull off in TFU II but as stated, the storyline was very lacking and the gameplay was way too short.

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 06:50:59 PM »
I love the entire game experience of TFU, including the gameplay. It's a lot of fun. I too like Scruffy play it on PS3, and have no issues whatsoever.

I also enjoyed TFU2. It's a lot shorter as mentioned, but it's action packed and lots of fun :)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 07:56:16 PM »
The opening of TFU where you get to play as Darth Vader hunting down fugitive Jedi ROCKS...I wish we could have a whole game of that...
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 10:10:01 PM »
In the grand scheme of the TFU games, I just want to go on record by saying that the graphics for the cinematics between the levels in TFU II were phenominal in comparison to the first one. the first TFUs cinematics look very nice, do not get me wrong, but there were times in TFU II where the characters looked real.

I know this isn't gameplay related but I just wanted to get that out there!  :D

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline Master Sifo

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 10:29:32 PM »
I just finished this game this week as well, and I agree with the gameplay. On a starwars game scale, it was more Roleplaying than battlefront and more action packed than KOTOR (which this day remains my favorite game ever). I for one loved the story, but I also have a wish for more modified gameplay, especially when you play as a different character. It would just be more accurate. Can't WAIT for that new star wars game that people have rumored about recently.

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 10:33:31 PM »
Can't WAIT for that new star wars game that people have rumored about recently.

Are you talking about Star Wars 1313?

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline EyeoftheRaven

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 11:05:32 PM »
I am looking forward to that, but I'm not sure I can handle a SW game without lightsabers:)

Offline Master Sifo

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 11:26:15 PM »
sure am. 1313 should be fun. I'm excited to see another side of Star Wars, like Bounty Hunter. Thats one of my favs.

Offline blackluc

• Master Force User
  • Lord Saevius
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 10:31:07 AM »
I started TFU II, and I must say, I really like it yet.  The action, the combat, the new animations...  The game seems just way better.  Maybe the story won't be as good, but if the first title had that gameplay it would have been awesome.

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 11:07:24 AM »
After the repetitive gameplay in the 1st one I was hesitant to get the 2nd one. I choose to do so, because of the story line.  The 2nd one was so similair in gameplay I just ripped through it.  I had hoped for a better story, but I was a little let down on that aspect.

I'd still play another TFU game though.

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

retrousse