fiduciary

Author Topic: efx Count Dooku stunt saber  (Read 9872 times)

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: efx Count Dooku stunt saber
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 07:00:41 PM »
because they break.   easily.    I dropped the obiwan 2 feet onto a carpeted floor and it shattered into 5 pieces.    my son was wearing the luke on his belt and it 'bumped' against a chair -- the emitter snapped off.  and just yesterday, I wore the anakin to a halloween event, and it fell off the belt.  the bunny ears and emitter snapped off.    the only one that hasn't broken is the dooku and only because I'm afraid to touch it.

these sabers are fine if you put them on display behind a locked glass door and NEVER touch them with anything more than a feather duster.   as soon as you handle them, you have a 50/50 chance that it will disintegrate in your hands.  the resin used is EXTREMELY brittle.  I've never seen anything like it. for the cost, these are incredibly poor quality.  and/or, for the quality you get, these should be sold for $25.   

my daughter has Harry Potter replica wands made in resin which are heavier than these saber hilts -- made from stronger resin -- and they only sell for $30.  these resin cast sabers are a nightmare.

Thanks for that info WEDGE, I wasn't aware that they were quite that fragile. If I did get one, I would now basically just have it on display rather than carrying it on a belt...

Offline Darth Xyess

• Force User
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 11:33:54 PM »
because they break.   easily.    I dropped the obiwan 2 feet onto a carpeted floor and it shattered into 5 pieces.    my son was wearing the luke on his belt and it 'bumped' against a chair -- the emitter snapped off.  and just yesterday, I wore the anakin to a halloween event, and it fell off the belt.  the bunny ears and emitter snapped off.    the only one that hasn't broken is the dooku and only because I'm afraid to touch it.

these sabers are fine if you put them on display behind a locked glass door and NEVER touch them with anything more than a feather duster.   as soon as you handle them, you have a 50/50 chance that it will disintegrate in your hands.  the resin used is EXTREMELY brittle.  I've never seen anything like it. for the cost, these are incredibly poor quality.  and/or, for the quality you get, these should be sold for $25.   

my daughter has Harry Potter replica wands made in resin which are heavier than these saber hilts -- made from stronger resin -- and they only sell for $30.  these resin cast sabers are a nightmare.

Thanks wedge I only display mine and I agree it isn't the best quality and should not cost what it does but at least now I know to be much more careful with them.
“The Force will change you. It will transform you. Some fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi are focused on fighting and controlling this transformation. That is why those who serve the light are limited in what they accomplish.” ~Darth Revan

Offline CinDrycast

• Experienced Force User
  • Remember... The Force will be with you... Always!
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 03:57:21 AM »
As always WEDGE's words are wisdom transmorfed into a forum post :P

Master Replicas Ep. VI Luke Skywalker Lightsaber V2 LE #0496/1500
eFX Episode VI Luke Skywalker 'Version Two' Lightsaber PCR

retrousse