fiduciary

Author Topic: "Azaz'el"A Custom MHS Based Crystal Focus 5.10 Saber  (Read 6118 times)

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
Re: "Azaz'el"A Custom MHS Based Crystal Focus 5.10 Saber
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 09:02:56 AM »
Thanks Folks.  ;D This was definitely a fun one to build, and while it took a little longer than anticipated, I think the result was worth it.

Link, sure I can tell you how I did the weathering. ;)

Aluminum black is the key weathering agent. It oxidizes aluminum, making a rough appearance. I tried many different application techniques, using paper towels... cotton balls... and Q-tips to get different saturations of the aluminum black on the MHs parts. Washing some off with water after 10 min allowed for a lighter look, while waiting overnight gave me the darker look on the shrouds. Steel wool give you more control in removing small amounts after applying...

Once you know how the Aluminum black behaves, it is a matter of artistic preference and and knowing what you want. ;)

You will need to Matte Clear the Aluminum black after you apply it. I used Powdercoat, as it is pretty much permanent. Paint might work, I am not sure though.

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline scalelokt

• No Force
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 09:35:23 AM »
Azaz'el should be coming in the mail today!  Great work on this, I can tell from the pictures alone that I'm going to love it.  Review coming tomorrow!  I think Resblade sounds perfect with this saber too, just has that ancient "barely working" hum to it.  Anyway thanks again for all the effort you put into this, cant wait for it to get delivered today :)

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 12:13:20 PM »
Is that the same name as Nightcrawler's dad?

I love this saber! Perfect weathering, awesome crystal and nice bargraph with the complimentary blue color. Very nice, well done saber.  ;D
Sounds very loud too.

Offline scalelokt

• No Force
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 03:42:58 PM »
Azaz'el is the name of a demon and has been used many times in several different stories, movies, etc.  However I believe you are right about Nightcrawler :)  Azaz'el seemed like a good choice for an anceint sith saber, suitable evil :)

Offline caz345

• Force User
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 10:56:37 PM »
Great build! the weathering on the hilt makes it really stand out and look very old.

Offline Master Valon

• Master Force User
  • "Love can ignite the stars."- Matthew Stover
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 12:09:56 PM »
Sorry for the necropost (kind of), but I just love this saber! The weathering really gives it a unique look, and the crystal chamber and bar graph, along with the CF and FoC, really pull together to make a sweet, sweet saber. I have a minor question, though! What is the menu background file you have on it in the video? I have been scouring the internet ever since I got my CF saber 6 months ago, trying to find a suitable file of those sounds (like in the KOTOR loading screens) and to no avail. Are they available on a certain CD or font, or is it custom? And if it is custom, may I inquire where you got the original sound file to make it? Thanks, and awesome job on the saber!!

Valon
Though this is the end of the age of heroes, it has saved its best for last.

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 04:45:40 PM »
If I am not mistaken, The background sounds are the standard CF menu Soundfont.

The one I used I pulled off of Novastar's Sound-font Compendium Disk 3. There are a few variations on the menu sounds, so you have some flexibility there.

Also, it is quite easy to make your own menu font. All you have to do is find a pice of music you like played in a loop, export it with the proper settings, then rename it accordingly. There is lots of information on how to do this here on this forum. :)

Hope that answers your questions!

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Master Valon

• Master Force User
  • "Love can ignite the stars."- Matthew Stover
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 04:57:32 PM »
Yes, that answers them, thanks! And yes, I know how to make custom boots, menu sounds, and such. On my CF, I think I have a custom boot on every bank, as well as a cool little background sound I made with the SW soundboards on star wars.com and Audacity (its some carbon freezing chamber ambience, with some Artoo beeps and boops!  :D) I have just been looking for those specific sounds to make the background file from. Perhaps I got a different package with my CF (v5.1) when I got it from our friendly neighborhood mod QUI GON JINN, because it was definitely different than the one on Azaz'el. I'll check my CF files I have; perhaps the default menu background was different on older models of the CF...I know since the switch to saberfont.com, the default packages aren't available on plecterlabs.com anymore...do you know if the menu background files are available anywhere? No big deal if not, I'm just curious.  :)

EDIT***

D'oh! I'm a dummy. Just checked the default package that I got before the switch to saberfont.com, and BOOM! there is the menu background file I've been looking for. Sorry for the trouble!  :-[ Again....cool saber, Sollus!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 05:01:44 PM by Master Valon »
Though this is the end of the age of heroes, it has saved its best for last.

retrousse