fiduciary

Author Topic: Your favorite star wars game AFTER 2000?  (Read 8357 times)

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
Your favorite star wars game AFTER 2000?
« on: March 14, 2012, 04:21:30 PM »
So we've seen a thread of your favorite star wars game pre year 2000, so how about 2000 onwards?

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: Your favorite star wars game AFTER 2000?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 04:43:49 PM »
The original Force Unleashed :) however I can't say I've exactly played all the SW games.

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 04:44:39 PM »
Well played good sir.  ;)

Jedi Outcast
KOTOR I and II
Empire at War
Battlefront I and II
Republic Commando
Bounty Hunter
Force Unleashed I and II

In my opinion, many of the good Star Wars games that came out after 2000 were released around the time of Episode II.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:46:10 PM by Machinimax »

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 05:14:09 PM »
there were a lot of games released after 2000 on all formats.

I only recently played kotor 1+2. RPG like that arent my thing and for me it was really hard to get into but the story was fantastic. I say it was hard because imagine playing TFU 1 and 2 then going to KOTOR, they're totally different.

My favorite is post 2000 game is 'Star Wars: The Force Unleashed'. I have played it from start to end at least a dozen times and i never get bored of it.

Offline GreyJedi

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 05:31:16 PM »
Hands down KOTOR

Offline GreyJedi

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 05:33:43 PM »

I only recently played kotor 1+2. RPG like that arent my thing and for me it was really hard to get into but the story was fantastic. I say it was hard because imagine playing TFU 1 and 2 then going to KOTOR, they're totally different.

My favorite is post 2000 game is 'Star Wars: The Force Unleashed'. I have played it from start to end at least a dozen times and i never get bored of it.

Yeah its really not fair to compare the 2, but can you imagine a game with a combat engine of TFU paired with Bioware's knack for character driven stories? Sigh...maybe one day.

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 06:17:47 AM »

Yeah its really not fair to compare the 2, but can you imagine a game with a combat engine of TFU paired with Bioware's knack for character driven stories? Sigh...maybe one day.

Yeah, it took some getting used to but towards the end I got so into it the gameplay didn't bother me. But if only they merged...wow.

The Jedi knight series was pretty cool too.

Offline JohnWilliams

• No Force
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 10:54:11 AM »
SWTFU is excellent but I'm surprised no one said anything about LEGO Star Wars. I mean,  takes you through the whole series in the least serious manner possible and it's one of the only games I can get my wife to play with me. Same screen co-op is hard to come by anymore, arcade feel to it.

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 11:14:51 AM »
SWTFU is excellent but I'm surprised no one said anything about LEGO Star Wars. I mean,  takes you through the whole series in the least serious manner possible and it's one of the only games I can get my wife to play with me. Same screen co-op is hard to come by anymore, arcade feel to it.

YES!! How could I forget about Lego Star Wars? It's been a while since I played that. I may have to break it out soon.

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline Silver Serpent

• Force User
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 11:21:09 AM »
It's odd.  Nobody ever lists SW:Galaxies as a favorite game.

Oh wait...that's because anyone who enjoyed it, got to experience it being brutally revamped into something they hated.  Repeatedly.

Offline Xian Darclyte

• No Force
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 11:44:16 AM »
For me it would have to be SWTOR just for the fact that it's a fully realised living breathing universe with lots of room for expansion and many years of development to look forward to where I can live out my star wars fantasy every day.

It probably also helps that as a mmorpg veteran as well I gravitate towards these types of games anyway. So the chance to roleplay/live in the star wars universe where my decisions influence the way I interact in game and create a real sense of attachment/ownership of my characters is like a dream come true.

I can play as a jedi/sith/smuggler/bounty hunter/trooper/imperial each through their own individual story all with a different morality. I can be the hero and save the universe or bring it all crashing down in my quest for "Unlimited Power!" I can spend time creating my characters backstory and I'm always hunting for that perfect costume as well as the perfect saber/blaster. This game makes me feel like I'm a key player in the star wars universe/mythology. It also feels like home where I'm surrounded by like minded people who feel the same way as me.

Offline Darth Inferis

• Master Force User
  • UK sabersmith
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 12:24:06 PM »
I can't afford to buy a new gaming orientated PC for SW:TOR, much as I'd like to. I do love RPG games though so my pick would have to be KotOR 1 & 2. I almost cheered when I was reading Red Harvest & a HK droid turned out to be one of the main characters (even more so when he used the term Meatbag!). TFU was great in it's own way but it was over too soon, as for TFU2 I think I sneezed & missed 80% of the gameplay.  ::)
Beware the Mark of the Gungan! :o

Offline djkibaman

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 12:55:48 PM »
KOTOR will top my list for sure.

hunting Unicorns one day at time...

Offline Darth Monkey

• Force User
  • Smell my finger?
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 12:59:16 PM »
Definately Battlefront II  ;D
FX-Sabers Vintage Graflex ESB CFv4
FX-Sabers Negotiator TPM CFv6
OM/MH Obi-Wan TPM #18 CFv5
SC/VV Qui-Gon TPM #16 CFv5
OM/LDM Double Awesomesauce Maul TPM CFv6
GCS Darth Bane #15 CFv6
LDM Obi-Wan MKIII AFBB/ANH Hybrid PCv2
LDM Lego Saber CSv1
KR/JQ Mace Windu ROTS CSv5 Neopixel
Tri-Cloud/KR Anakin AOTC NBv2
UltimateWorks/SpaceW Dooku AOTC PRIZMv5 Neopixel
VV Luke ROTJ Gen 1 CS4.5 Neopixel
MR/JQ Yoda ROTS CSv3
MR/JQ Vader ESB CSv5
Korbanth Emperor DS3 Proffie Neopixel

Offline Obi-Wan Bologna

• No Force
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 02:35:45 PM »
KOTOR series for sure. Hope they eventually get around to making a third, TOR just aint gonna cut it.

retrousse