fiduciary

Author Topic: Plecter Labs Products & Important Announcements  (Read 103956 times)

Offline Dragonstar

• No Force
Re: Important things about Plecter Labs and Crystal Focus
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 06:52:09 PM »
I did not learn about Erv via Crystal Focus.  No, it was a Blaster Core video on you tube, describing the effects and lighting and ammo counting and what not.  It was the most unreal, awesome fan-made technology I'd ever seen.  Erv, my jaw is still on the floor from seeing blaster core.  Crystal Focus?  Unreal.  A friend brought his by tonight and we just talked sabers into the night.  It is an inspiring card.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2010, 01:06:16 AM »
* CHEERS *  :)
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2010, 01:28:06 AM »
thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. We (fandom) keep going, and it's nice to push the limit further a little bit each time to make those glorified flashlights behaving almost like the "real" thing.
 :)

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
Plecter Labs Products Availability & Announcement Thread
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2010, 10:36:36 AM »
This is where I will announce sales and important info about the shop ! :)

Let's start this right now : A few CF V5 are available on the website. Not many, I've been working a lot to please everyone. But yes, I'll have them coming weeks after weeks.
I also have a few luxeon drivers, and 5 ultraedge blade tube (just the tube, it's not a complete blade) as a clearance sale. I also restocked the power xtenders, some are actually made, the others I'm waiting for the PCBs on the 19th.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 04:56:53 AM by erv »

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
Re: Plecter Labs Products Availability Thread
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2010, 08:29:40 AM »
30/09/2010 : some BLASTER CORE 3 with and without screen are available. Don't forget the satellite board if you plan a color changing blaster ray. I'm still assembling the satellite boards, expect parcels to ship between saturday and next monday.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
Re: Plecter Labs Products Availability & Announcement Thread
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2010, 04:58:49 AM »
sorry if you're reading this thinking there are some boards. Modded the title, will use the thread for important general announcements.
As for today : website is unreachable, it seems that the SQL server is down. Contacted the hosting company. Hopefully that will be sorted out soon, since it was working just fine yesterday files are still there.

Website fixed. Stupid hosting company wasn't able to help, did the dirty SQL fix myself.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 02:02:23 PM by erv »

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2010, 04:13:59 AM »
IMO the only thing that sets these "glorified flashlites" apart from the real thing is that they don't cut anything, which if you ask me is a good thing. I'm sure Novastar can attest to the fact that no matter how much you practice, you wouldn't want to get into a fight with real lightsabers

Offline Dredclaw

• No Force
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 11:50:15 AM »
Erv,

I'm new to these forums and to saberbuilding in general, so I've been read read reading! I just wanted to thank you for posting this explanation of how CFs come into being. I had NO idea. I've been lurking and watching you, Graven, and Novastar on YouTube for ages now, but I just assumed that you had the boards outsourced for production. I am in even more awe of your skill and genius now than ever! I hope to be able to be one with my F5-fu so that I can own one of these boards for myself. I keep seeing more and more of what they can do, and I'm convinced that the only way I'll be truly happy with my own saber is to have one of your boards inside.  I just can't say thank you enough for the quality you've put into the work you do for us. I hope to be able to give back to the community a fraction of what you've done.

All the best to you- MTFBWYA!

Dred
"Knowledge isn't Power... Reason is Power. Knowledge is just ammunition."

My Personal Lightsabers:
US- Guardian Blue Prophecy
FFX- Anakin ROTS
MR-FFX Lightsaber Construction Set

Offline Revan Reborn

• Formerly known as dj2rbo
  • Master Force User
  • SHABBA!!
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2010, 03:52:20 AM »
Dude I got one in my Graflex and that doesnt quell my thirst for more. Whats worse is it makes other sb obsolete.

Watcha!! Darth Insidious gonna get cha!!!!!

Offline M.J.Oslec

• No Force
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2010, 06:23:27 AM »
Please allow me for this question: What do i have to do to be on a "list" to get one of You Boards?
Thanks for Your understanding!

Offline RedArc

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2010, 06:30:53 AM »
There is nothing like an list or something !

turn on notify here :
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=26025.0

Sales will be announced and with a little luck at the right time you will grab an board on his website

...and one tip from me : read , read , and read a lot of threads in here and you get everything answered you want to know  ;)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 06:35:17 AM by RedArc »

Offline M.J.Oslec

• No Force
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2010, 11:02:58 AM »
There is nothing like an list or something !

turn on notify here :
newbielink:http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=26025.0 [nonactive]

Sales will be announced and with a little luck at the right time you will grab an board on his website

...and one tip from me : read , read , and read a lot of threads in here and you get everything answered you want to know  ;)
Thank You so much! I really appreciate Your concern!
I will follow Your advice!

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2010, 02:41:33 PM »
Darn... there must be STILL be some old-school threads or info sections SOMEwhere (?) telling people to sign up for the newsletter?  Hmm... who knows.  Oh well... it must be like 1% of the stuff out there...

<--- goes back to hibernation for holidaze...  8)
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2010, 08:22:11 AM »
counted boards left for blaster core 3.0 and those have gone out pretty fast last time. Saved 3 for me (E11 and 2 upcoming project) the rest for customers. I have 2 BC3.0 with screen  and 1 BC3.0 solo available on the website.
(35 PCBs made total)

Priority was given to the BC with screen due to the enthusiasm generated by my E11 project (note that some of the custom features of that project aren't in BC3.0, they will wait BC4.0  to be made more generic).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 08:23:52 AM by erv »

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2010, 10:06:14 AM »
I'm going to use the xmas holidays to make as many boards as possible.
Please note that I'm waiting for the speakers, so some orders will be delayed until I get them.

You're getting a choice of

- CFV5 + NSCD#3 bundle (5€ discount). After payment, you'll contact novastar with your order #, real name and shipping address and we'll make sure he'll send out your CD to the right place.

- the regular CFV5 (solo, uSD card and speaker included as usual).

I insist on one thing : shipping is always taking "time" during the xmas season. I'd like to avoid last year issue with a customer who was happy to take me responsible for the time the parcel took to reach him, placing a paypal claim. I'm not controlling the PO. Shipping to North America takes generally 10 to 20 days, sometimes more, sometimes less. It depends when the planes leave and how your local PO work. First class mail is working just fine and has never failed so far. Just in case it's worth mentioning it, I'm now getting a shipping evidence and receipt  for each parcel I send out, including for first class mail / small packet.

Second note : now that the bakery is working fine and I have 2 good weeks ahead to work on that, I won't go refunding extra orders that went in the "negative" stock. Unless I get some real issues, I'll keep all orders in line and make boards until they are fulfilled. I don't have ALL my time for making boards and shipping parcels, so be patient, shipping might be spread until mid january.

Be sure to DL the latest version of the user's manual, a few typos about pom and pof params were in there in case you haven't read the threads about those minor issues. Current version is 5.08.

retrousse