fiduciary

Author Topic: Twin Roses Jedi costume. No longer for sale.  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
Twin Roses Jedi costume. No longer for sale.
« on: August 24, 2010, 04:14:46 AM »
Up for sale is my custom made costume by Twin Rose Designs.

$280 plus shipping gets it to you long before Halloween.  Inner costume worn one time.  Robe never worn.

I don't have pics but you can view them on the site here:  http://www.twinrosesdesigns.com/Coats%20and%20Robes%20for%20Sale.html

I am 5'8" and weigh 185.  As Jedi outfits are very roomyit could easily fit slightly different builds.

Outfit includes:

Wool robe
inner and outer tunics
tabards
obi

I went with:

I ordered:

light tea dyed cotton

silk noil

oatmeal osnaburg

brown wool

the light tea dyed cotton is best described as a dress shirt material.  Very thin, smooth and a bit shiny.  Very little texture shown.  Again look at a dress shirt and that's what it is.  Wrinkles very easy and has a starched shirt appearance.  Big thumbs down for me here.

The silk noil is very similar to the osnaburg.  It has a nice weave to it that gives it that old time jedi feel.  Very soft and comfortable.  The big difference I notice between the silk and the osnaburg is the weight.  The silk feels about 25-50% lighter in weight.

The OSNABURG- Andrea recommended this fabric for me and now that I see it, feel it, and compare it to others on my list, I know why.  I has a great texture, a looser weave and a wonderful smooth cotton like feel to your skin.  My biggest surprise was the appearance.  The picture on their website is very misleading.  That picture appears to be a very coarse fabric that would be very see through.   The swatch I got was not see through at all.  It is an extremely nice fabric and perfect for that Jedi with the lived in world look.  Again a great reason to get some swatches as the camera and computer pics are deceiving.

My advice.  Listen to Andrea and Garry.  They know their business and will steer you in the right direction.  Tell them exactly what you want and they will pick the best fabric for you.  IMHO that is the Osnaburg.    Take a look at the care instructions above and you will see more of why the osnaburg is the best fabric to get.  

The brown wool flannel is awesome.  Very nice texture and feel.  I would never guess it was wool.  Not itchy at all, TO ME.  Two thumbs up.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 05:59:04 AM by LUKE SKYWALKER »

retrousse